Author Topic: Pass The Word - Ken Dandar Files Federal Lawsuit Against COS  (Read 5680 times)

Offline spensergirl

• New Around Here
I am new here and need your help. Please pass the following info on to anyone you can, be it other blogs, news, media, etc. COS lives to hide in the dark. >:D The more we expose them, such as the case just happening in GA with Narcononn, etc., the better to fight them.

This is legit and a copy of the federal lawsuit is attached to the link off Tony Ortega's blog.  As most of you know Ken is the Attorney who has fought them for years.

Please do all you can to pass this along any way you can, and help anyone brave enough to stand up to COS, for we all know what they are, and what they do. Thank you.  Spense

http://ortegaunderground.wordpress.com/2012/11/01/ken-dandar-files-federal-lawsuit-says-scientology-using-state-courts-to-cause-him-utter-ruin/

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
Re: Pass The Word - Ken Dandar Files Federal Lawsuit Against COS
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 17:59 »
Thanks for the info spensergirl, but I believe this has already been posted around here somewhere a while back.

I find it useful to do a quick check with the 'Search' function at the top of the page to be sure a news/blog article hasn't already been posted, but this one's important enough a little duplication doesn't hurt.

Welcome to the group.

BigBeard

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 22:31 »
I am new here and need your help. Please pass the following info on to anyone you can, be it other blogs, news, media, etc. COS lives to hide in the dark. >:D The more we expose them, such as the case just happening in GA with Narcononn, etc., the better to fight them.

This is legit and a copy of the federal lawsuit is attached to the link off Tony Ortega's blog.  As most of you know Ken is the Attorney who has fought them for years.

Please do all you can to pass this along any way you can, and help anyone brave enough to stand up to COS, for we all know what they are, and what they do. Thank you.  Spense

http://ortegaunderground.wordpress.com/2012/11/01/ken-dandar-files-federal-lawsuit-says-scientology-using-state-courts-to-cause-him-utter-ruin/

Hi Spense, and welcome to Reaching for the Tipping Point. 

We'll post a link to this on our Tipping Point Facebook page for you: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Reaching-For-The-Tipping-Point-net/140348766366
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 09:05 »
Thanks. I hope he wins.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 00:30 »
http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/article/282987/8/Federal-suit-Scientologist-spent-30-mil-to-cover-death

Marty Rathbun, the former number-two man in Scientology, alleges that the organization showered gifts on the Medical Examiner's attorney, Jeff Goodis, to influence her to change the cause of death.

See Rathbun's full testimony in the attached PDF.  http://www.wtsp.com/assetpool/documents/121116072224_Complete%20EUO%20of%20Rathbun.pdf

Once that happened, the criminal case fell apart.

In addition, Rathbun says the Church hired another attorney, former prosecutor Lee Fugate, to have illegal Ex parte meetings with judges involved in the case.

Rathbun says,"Listen. Lee Fugate, his value was to schmooze. As a matter of fact, that's what David Miscavige and myself  used to say. Let's get lee to schmooze; let's get Lee to schmooze."

...snip...

But, late Friday, Pope filed a lawsuit on behalf of Scientology to have all of Marty Rathbun's testimony thrown out.

There is an emergency hearing in Federal Court Monday.

Go read the complete article on the site linked above, or watch the video there.
   Narconon Reviews

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
Kennan Dandar v. FLAG - Marty Rathbun's deposition (and more to come)
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 15:54 »
From the Underground Bunker - Posted on November 17, 2012
Last night, the St. Petersburg, Florida CBS affiliate, WTSP, broke news that Marty Rathbun has made blockbuster allegations in sworn testimony that the Church of Scientology spent millions in an attempt to influence Florida judges as it was fighting the criminal investigation and then civil litigation following the 1995 death of church member Lisa McPherson.

See also:

Two discussion threads on this:

• WWP:
    wtsp-federal-suit-scientologist-spent-30-mil-to-cover-up-death-of-lisa-mcpherson

• Ex Scientologist Message Board:
    The-McPherson-Issue
     ... a recent discussion here (starting at post #7) from 23rd October 2012 raises the question,
     "Was her death negligent homicide or murder?"

Originally Posted by Lermanet_com
        ...There was something lisa knew, that she had 'ethical problems with'.. that started all of this.

There may have been motive in the McPherson case. Three weird things -- the electrocardiogram, the checks they wrote on her account after she died, and the Allstate insurance scandal.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 20:22 by snippy »

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 20:15 by snippy »

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
This YouTube interview with Marty just posted:
Knowledge Report: Scientology Corrupts Legal System

Marty describes exactly how they influenced the medical examiner. Wow!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 20:40 by snippy »

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 21:15 »
I merged a couple of threads about this.  Please continue.   :)
   Narconon Reviews

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 15:21 by snippy »

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Re: Dandar Files Federal Lawsuit Against COS & * Miscavige *
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 20:54 »
click me, click me....Scientology Leader David Miscavige Added as Defendant in Ken Dandar’s Federal Lawsuit   
*^*^* Blinkin Link *^*^*

LOL, don't know that we've got blinkin, snippy, but we've got marquee.  How's this? ^^^
   Narconon Reviews

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 21:03 »
How fun!
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 21:25 »
 :^:^:^:E :::-O-::: :^:^:^:E M|mmm#- :^:^:^:E Y--O-|| +!+ :-thanks-: :^:^:^:E

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 06:13 »
                         M|mmm#-

Hey look, what's Tom Cruise doing in there?
   Narconon Reviews

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 12:15 »
Most people don't know this, but in real life he's a secret agent working to expose Evil, just like he does in the movies. (Of course this is all still very hush hush.)  ;D

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 21:33 »
Florida Court Hears Scientology Testimony in Strict Secrecy -The Underground Bunker (blog)
Posted on November 26, 2012   
By Tony Ortega

After a long day of testimony in a Clearwater, Florida courtroom, Ken Dandar tells us retired Judge Crockett Farnell has scheduled written closing arguments in his secret trial to be submitted by December 27.

Today’s proceedings, which involved Scientology submitting evidence to bolster its claim that it deserves to be awarded more than $1.1 million in sanctions against Dandar, were closed to the public and press, and Scientology even requested that windows in the court doors be covered to prevent anyone from seeing inside (see photo above).

Scientology is suing Dandar because he represented a client in a 2009 wrongful death lawsuit against the church after promising never to sue the church again when the Lisa McPherson wrongful death lawsuit was settled in 2004. Dandar denies that he made such a promise, but Farnell has determined that Dandar acted in bad faith when he violated that 2004 agreement.

Today, Farnell heard testimony from Scientology to explain why its legal bills are so high, which it wants Dandar to pay for...

more at https://ortegaunderground.wordpress.com/2012/11/26/florida-court-awards-scientology-xxxx-in-sanctions-against-attorney-ken-dandar/
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 14:10 »
I posted a comment over at the bunker that collects together some of the good stuff I've learned from Tipping Point. Cross posting here:

From the law review, “Kudzu in the Courthouse: Judgments Made in the Shade,”

“Everything secret degenerates, even the administration of justice . . . .
Lord Acton

Must a court of record always act on the record? Previous
generations of jurists and legal scholars would have thought the
answer obvious and the question itself somewhat curious; in their day,
an off-the-record court decision would have seemed oxymoronic.
Given the current trend in secret court activity, however, the question
now seems a fair one and the answer no longer self-evident.
Worrisome examples of the trend abound …”

http://www.scribd.com/doc/114634160/Kudzu-in-the-Courthouse-Judgments-Made-in-the-Shade

From the “Sunshine Law” in the state of Georgia:

“. . . . By their nature, civil lawsuits quite often cause litigants to experience
an invasion of privacy and resulting embarrassment, yet that fact alone
does not permit trial courts to routinely seal court records. In an order
sealing a court record, a trial court must set forth factual findings that
explain how a privacy invasion that may be suffered by a party or parties
seeking to seal a record differs from the type of privacy invasion that is
suffered by all parties in civil suits.”

http://www.scribd.com/doc/114638650/Judge-Orders-Documents-Unsealed-Desmond-vs-Narconon

Florida has Sunshine Laws also. My simple minded understanding is that the public can request court documents to be unsealed, in whole or in part, except where they present a “threat to justice.” Documented public interest in the case may help keep things on the up and up.

From the Zimmerman case:

“This criminal case has already raised serious questions – from all sides – about the ability of government to do its job and protect its citizens,” wrote Rachel Fugate, a lawyer representing Tribune. “Florida’s historically open and transparent judicial system should not compound such suspicions by operating in the dark in this case.”

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-04-16/news/os-george-zimmerman-new-judge-20120416_1_media-companies-attorneys-mark-nejame

P.S. The judge in this case used an interesting choice of words if he felt Dandar acted in “bad faith” in his dealings with $cientology.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 17:55 »
Thanks, Snippy!
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 07:15 »
I posted a comment over at the bunker that collects together some of the good stuff I've learned from Tipping Point. Cross posting here:

Florida has Sunshine Laws also. My simple minded understanding is that the public can request court documents to be unsealed, in whole or in part, except where they present a “threat to justice.” Documented public interest in the case may help keep things on the up and up.

I don't know the Florida Laws, but it was simple to do in Georgia.  I imagine doing the same in Florida would follow a similar format: http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/10A28641/10A28641-2-2012-05-25-PetitionOfAnnLoweAndMatthewHurleyToUnsealDocumentsOfRecordAndOpenDepositions.pdf

And I'm sure there are people who would put their names on such a filing in the Dandar case.
   Narconon Reviews

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 14:26 »
Your petition mentions the Tipping Point. Is it required that you be a member of the press?  The Florida law seems to imply that. Either way, someone  ::) may want to drop a link to your petition.