Author Topic: Scientology’s 2012: Parting Shots from a Year David Miscavige Won’t Soon Forget  (Read 1178 times)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
The end of Tony's series on Scientology's 2012 in review with some important dates to remember!

Scientology’s 2012 in Review: Parting Shots from a Year David Miscavige Won’t Soon Forget - The Underground Bunker
By Tony Ortega
.....And the hits kept coming up to the last minute — just this week we learned that state regulators in Georgia are trying to shut down Scientology’s drug rehab program in that state (Narconon Georgia), and prosecutors in Belgium are filing indictments against the church and are seeking to treat it as a criminal enterprise.

In the long run, however, the December story that may have the greatest ramifications for the church was the revelation that the Department of Homeland Security has been investigating Scientology for human trafficking allegations for many months, and perhaps more than a year. Is the investigation dwindling? There’s some evidence of it. So what’s it going to be, Janet Napolitano?

So December goes out the way 2012 came in — with a series of blasts that the church has no real response for. (Miscavige has given up on the brash, noisy approach that characterized his use of spokesman Tommy Davis up to about 2009. These days, the church puts out comical statements through its attorneys for the most part, and never has anyone available for actual interviews.)

So how does 2013 look? If January is any guide, it’s going to be rough.

January 7 — John Sweeney’s book The Church of Fear: Inside the Weird World of Scientology hits bookstores.

January 16 — A TV documentary is debuting that we are not allowed to speak of just yet.

January 17 — Lawrence Wright’s book Going Clear will ride in on a big wave of publicity.

January 17 — Jenna Miscavige Hill’s memoir will give Wright’s book a run for its money as the media feeding frenzy peaks.

January 17 — We predict that Marc Headley will not be making that announcement that so many of you think is happening. So calm down.

And that’s just January. In March, UK’s Channel 4 will broadcast an hour-long documentary that we were happy to provide some help for. We will only say that its filmmakers took very seriously the notion that Scientology is in the grips of a crisis, and we expect this to be a fine contribution to the field....

more at http://tonyortega.org/2012/12/29/scientologys-2012-in-review-parting-shots-from-a-year-david-miscavige-wont-soon-forget/
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Gonna be a very busy month!  ;D
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Gonna be a very busy month!  ;D

So much reading to do!
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama