Author Topic: Jeannie Trahant. Current acting ED,Narconon of Georgia  (Read 11748 times)

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
Jeannie Trahant. Current acting ED,Narconon of Georgia
« on: February 21, 2013, 22:30 »

It has been brought to my attention the current acting executive director for Narconon of Georgia,one Jeannie Trahant may if fact not meet State of Georgia certification requirements.

The counselor certification she claims is the same one that many Narconon staff members fraudulently obtained through the National Association of Forensic Counselors (NAFC), which isn't even a recognized credential here in the state of Georgia.

Correct me if I am wrong,but does not the license holder need to meet state requirements? For that matter who IS the current Narconon of Georgia license to operate holder? Disgraced former ED of Narconon of Georgia Ms. Mary Rieser was to my knowledge the original license holder.

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
Re: Jeannie Trahant. Current acting ED,Narconon of Georgia
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 22:42 »
Excellent point.  Karla Taylor will need to know she is a ccdc so she can suspend the cert. 
ET went home.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 23:00 »
 ^^or__
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

• High Value Target
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 23:05 »
Excellent point.  Karla Taylor will need to know she is a ccdc so she can suspend the cert.

The NAFC phones will be a ringin tomorrow I guarantee!

^^or__

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 23:28 »
And no Jeannie, Kent McGregors Pita Pocket certs dont count either.  To think this molester is issuing CADC and DBAE certs infuriates me.   

Does this make me a bitter apostate?
ET went home.

• High Value Target
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 23:35 »
And no Jeannie, Kent McGregors Pita Pocket certs dont count either.  To think this molester is issuing CADC and DBAE certs infuriates me.   

Does this make me a bitter apostate?

Bitter? Could be. Apostate? I'd wear that moniker proudly ET >:D

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 23:49 »

It has been brought to my attention the current acting executive director for Narconon of Georgia,one Jeannie Trahant may if fact not meet State of Georgia certification requirements.

The counselor certification she claims is the same one that many Narconon staff members fraudulently obtained through the National Association of Forensic Counselors (NAFC), which isn't even a recognized credential here in the state of Georgia.

Correct me if I am wrong,but does not the license holder need to meet state requirements? For that matter who IS the current Narconon of Georgia license to operate holder? Disgraced former ED of Narconon of Georgia Ms. Mary Rieser was to my knowledge the original license holder.

The facility needs to meet state requirements, and is required to apply for a new license if the owner changes.

Here are the Drug Abuse Treatment rules:
http://dch.georgia.gov/sites/dch.georgia.gov/files/imported/vgn/images/portal/cit_1210/55/30/154677692DrugAbuseTreatmentRulesDec20091.pdf

(d) License is nontransferable. A license or provisional license to operate a program is
nontransferable for a change of location or governing body. Each license or provisional
license shall be returned to the department in the following cases: changes in location,
governing body, program closure or the license is suspended or revoked.

There are other requirements, as well.

290-4-2-.06 Accreditation. The department may issue a license to a program that provides proof of accreditation by an accreditation agency approved by the department, if the accreditation agency's requirements are substantially equivalent or more stringent than the requirements of these rules. The license may be issued without an on-site visit by the department, however, the department reserves the right to inspect accredited programs on a sample validation basis or whenever there is reason to believe that the requirements of these rules are not being met. Provided however, any denial, suspension, or revocation of such accreditation shall result in similar licensure actions, and the governing body shall be required to apply for a new license. For purpose of this rule, proof of accreditation shall require a copy of the program's most recent accreditation report together with any supplemental recommendations or reports.  Such reports shall be submitted to the department whenever received by a program or whenever requested by the department.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 23:53 »
I was thinking earlier today that this forum probably has the most activity IRL that produces results per active member.  It's kind of like a (not so) little turbo charger - taking a 3 liter six cylinder engine and having enough psi to generate 600 horsepower!  You guys rock.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 23:58 »
I was thinking earlier today that this forum probably has the most activity IRL that produces results per active member.  It's kind of like a (not so) little turbo charger - taking a 3 liter six cylinder engine and having enough psi to generate 600 horsepower!  You guys rock.

Thank you, Luke!  I think that's one of the nicest things anyone has said about us yet.   :OV--*

Oh, wait:   oOoToOo5  since you are one of us, after all.
   Narconon Reviews

• High Value Target
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 10:32 »

Multiple state of Georgia DCH departments have been notified as to possible Narconon drug and alcohol counselor certification discrepancies.

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 16:11 »
This is great news.  You cant replace a Director without going through the proper procedure.  If the person being replaced isnt qualified....sorry Charlie.  Mary resigning may have been the nail in the coffin for them without them even realizing it.  Jeannie is getting investigated as well to see if she legimately meets all the requirements to be a CCDC.  One question, is she licensed in GA? NO. CASE CLOSED.  Hand over the cert. 
ET went home.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 18:43 »

Thanks, Luke. That's very nice feedback, and what EC said. You and Eric are a big part of this forum now.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 10:40 »

Thanks, Luke. That's very nice feedback, and what EC said. You and Eric are a big part of this forum now.

DITTO!!
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 08:22 »
 :-thanks-:  Its an honor to be part of the Tipping Point family. 
ET went home.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 09:49 »

Multiple state of Georgia DCH departments have been notified as to possible Narconon drug and alcohol counselor certification discrepancies.

Very nice.  I'd love to have seen their reactions when they got that.  They were probably hoping they were done with NN Ga. for a while, until the appeal gets resolved.
   Narconon Reviews

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 09:51 »

It's an honor to have you and Luke here.  Things have really picked up here since you two arrived.
   Narconon Reviews

• High Value Target
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 09:59 »

The facility needs to meet state requirements, and is required to apply for a new license if the owner changes.

Here are the Drug Abuse Treatment rules:
http://dch.georgia.gov/sites/dch.georgia.gov/files/imported/vgn/images/portal/cit_1210/55/30/154677692DrugAbuseTreatmentRulesDec20091.pdf

(d) License is nontransferable.

The question is WHO would have stepped up to the plate and applied for another license? From what information has been made available online Ms.Trahant does not appear to meet state licensing requirements. Hence the recent DCH communique! If application for a license has been made,what venue would one need to delve into to get this information?

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 10:15 »
You can look at a blank application, it may state that it needs to go to the zoning board for public comment or something like that.  I dont know that an application would be made public if it just got submitted.  Mary may not have officially resigned with the state yet also.  It may have been just a PR move while she is still technically the Director in the states eyes.  Defintitely a call to them to inform them of the change would be in order. 

We are helping them be in compliance with the law and should be paid for our efforts....
ET went home.

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2013, 10:15 »

It's an honor to have you and Luke here.  Things have really picked up here since you two arrived.

PS Thanks!!!!
ET went home.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2013, 11:23 »
You can look at a blank application, it may state that it needs to go to the zoning board for public comment or something like that.  I dont know that an application would be made public if it just got submitted.  Mary may not have officially resigned with the state yet also.  It may have been just a PR move while she is still technically the Director in the states eyes.  Defintitely a call to them to inform them of the change would be in order. 

The license applications are available through open records; I had copies of them in an open records request I made in late 2008.

But, you could be right about the resignation - that could just be something they told the media to get them off their backs.  It would be interesting to know how this will play out.  Since the license is cancelled when the "governing body" changes, if Mary R. has in fact resigned, does that make the license appeal moot?  If the appeal is still going on, does that mean that Mary R. has not resigned?

The other day I was passing by NN Ga, and there was a little child (4-5 yo, maybe?) outside, along with 3 or 4 other people, adults, all male.  I had heard that Mary R. was bringing her grandchild to NN with her.  Was the child I saw Mary R.'s grandchild?  And if so, would that indicate that she is still somehow involved? 

And my rant, why on earth is a child at NN?  Why should a child be exposed to that environment??   -^#^-!

We are helping them be in compliance with the law and should be paid for our efforts....

Yeah, seems like we're picking up a lot of slack for other people who aren't doing their jobs but are getting paid... 
   Narconon Reviews