Author Topic: Ripoff Report complaint about Sunshine Summit Lodge  (Read 1873 times)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Ripoff Report complaint about Sunshine Summit Lodge
« on: September 13, 2014, 11:10 »
A new complaint about Sunshine Summit Lodge on Ripoff Report from 9/11/2014. Mom or Dad submits the initial complaint. Make sure you see the son's list at the end.
 L-O-:
We are so happy we got our son out of this facility when we did. Because of a family emergency he came home after two weeks in the program. After he told us of the of the falsehoods. lies, and dangerious proceedures and treatments that where going on there we could not let him return to this program. We feel he would have ended up dead! Below is the letter I wrote to the attorney for Narconon. We have been preocupied with the ilness and death of a family member. Now we are going after these cheats.

We are writing this letter because of our total dissatisfaction with the Narconon Fresh Start program, process and the Sunshine Summit Lodge. The fraudulent information and misrepresentations that were given to me, my wife Katherine, and my son Christopher so we would pay $17,500 for our son to enter the Narconon Fresh Start Program are inexcusable. Below is a brief time line of events. We thought we were sending our son to a rehab facility and not a church indoctrination program.

more at http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/narconnon/warner-springs-california-92086/narconnon-sunshine-summit-lodge-front-for-scientology-not-a-drug-rehabiliation-facility-w-1176096

AND a new client for Ryan Hamilton! Not certain, but the complaint and lawsuit may be connected. 

Ryan Hamilton files 20th lawsuit against Scientology’s drug rehab network - The Underground Bunker

« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 11:52 by mefree »
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Sunshine

• Merchant of Chaos
Re: Ripoff Report complaint about Sunshine Summit Lodge
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 17:00 »
From Ripoff Report
  One big problem that I have is Christopher, as part of his court process, was to enter into a treatment program. We were told that everything would be taken care of with the courts by Dan Carmichael. I believe Christopher reiterated this to the personnel at the Sunshine Summit Lodge. I faxed the paper work for Christopher’s custody hearing to the Sunshine Summit Lodge so that the court would know he was in treatment and the need to reschedule the hearing. That was never followed up on with the personnel at the Sunshine Summit Lodge and the court in Pennsylvania was never notified. We came to find out that the Narconon program would not be recognized by the Pennsylvania courts contrary to what we were told. So Chris most likely would have ended up in jail when he returned to Pennsylvania had he competed the program

Fresh Start Sunshine Summit Lodge has a history of not being certified to handle court cases http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/2005-04-04-NarcononWarnerSprings.pdf
from thread  http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,11687.0.htm

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 18:51 »
Fresh Start Sunshine Summit Lodge has a history of not being certified to handle court cases

I believe it's called fraud. Hoping the lawyers will be all over this one.

I'm still waiting to see a TV ad with a "Call 1-800-narconon-fraud if you've been ripped off by narCONon" blurb.
BigBeard

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 07:23 »
Interesting intel and truly depressing how many graduates go on to work for Narconon.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Sunshine

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 20:29 »
During the  Major Use Permit hearings there was a concern as to the number of staff that would reside in and around  Sunshine Summit, the TOTAL number of staff was to be 15 with three living onsite at all times and the rest somewhere in the neighborhood.