Author Topic: Narconon Warner Springs goes "ideal"  (Read 3478 times)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Narconon Warner Springs goes "ideal"
« on: December 10, 2015, 17:14 »
Narconon Warner Springs has jumped on the "Ideal Narconon" bandwagon.  I'm not sure what that really means, because just the fact that it's a Narconon means it's far from ideal for anyone who needs a rehab.   :P  Anyway, here are some photos of the "opening" that someone sent us.  Click for bigger versions.

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Re: Narconon Warner Springs goes "ideal"
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 07:13 »
Strange. The facade reminds me of a pre-school.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 08:00 »
Where children play at being drug rehab counselors? 
   Narconon Reviews

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 12:32 »
Narconon Warner Springs has jumped on the "Ideal Narconon" bandwagon.  I'm not sure what that really means, because just the fact that it's a Narconon means it's far from ideal for anyone who needs a rehab.   :P  Anyway, here are some photos of the "opening" that someone sent us.  Click for bigger versions.

Anyone know who spoke at the re-re-re opening? This has got to be the worst rebranding of a tainted brand I have ever witinessed.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 08:34 »
I have no idea.  I don't know if anyone inclined to talk to us attended.   :)

It's odd that if you look at the first photo, there's a seated audience centered around the green display (and one person sitting aside who must not want to take part), and if you look at the third photo, there's a seated audience centered around part of the building.

<Davy mode on>There were thousands in attendance!</Davy mode off>
   Narconon Reviews

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 10:30 »
I'm beginning to wonder if the narCONon "Ideal" push is part of eliminating NN Int and moving them directly under ABLE/OSA control? It will be interesting to see if there's a flurry of IRS 1023 filings to obtain "independent" tax exempt status, rather than being part of the NN Int Group Exemption.
BigBeard

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 12:05 »
Good point.  They can't be under the NN Int umbrella any more because they no longer exist.  The Narconons will have to get their own exemption or heaven forbid, they actually pay taxes.
ET went home.

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 15:23 »
I have no idea.  I don't know if anyone inclined to talk to us attended.   :)

It's odd that if you look at the first photo, there's a seated audience centered around the green display (and one person sitting aside who must not want to take part), and if you look at the third photo, there's a seated audience centered around part of the building.

<Davy mode on>There were thousands in attendance!</Davy mode off>
That Green display/podium combo has been used at other narCONon re-re-re openings.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 16:14 »
Good point.  They can't be under the NN Int umbrella any more because they no longer exist.  The Narconons will have to get their own exemption or heaven forbid, they actually pay taxes.

I sent a 'heads-up' to the IRS Exempt Organizations folks about NN Int essentially closing it's doors, with a request they check the subordinate entities to see if they use GEN 2595 for the entire year, or only up until NN Int went away, when they file for 2015.
BigBeard

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 16:51 »
Yup.
ET went home.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 20:22 »
Good work, BigBeard!

However, they still exist as a registered California non-profit corporate entity.

Data is updated to the California Business Search on Wednesday and Saturday mornings. Results reflect work processed through Tuesday, December 22, 2015. Please refer to Processing Times for the received dates of filings currently being processed. The data provided is not a complete or certified record of an entity.
Entity Name:   NARCONON INTERNATIONAL
Entity Number:   C0598820
Date Filed:   05/20/1970
Jurisdiction:   CALIFORNIA
Entity Address:   450 N BRAND BLVD STE 600
Entity City, State, Zip:   GLENDALE CA 91203
Agent for Service of Process:   TIM BOLWES
Agent Address:   1 S FAIR OAKS AVE
Agent City, State, Zip:   PASADENA CA 91105
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2015, 07:11 »
I noticed that too. It's possible they may try to keep NN Int technically alive, while from a practicle point of view it's dead and ABLE/OSA are controlling things. That could be grounds for a tax fraud case if an investigation found that's what they are doing. So I have to admit, a part of me hopes it is!
BigBeard

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2015, 19:01 »
I noticed that too. It's possible they may try to keep NN Int technically alive, while from a practicle point of view it's dead and ABLE/OSA are controlling things. That could be grounds for a tax fraud case if an investigation found that's what they are doing. So I have to admit, a part of me hopes it is!

Thanks for staying on top of this BigBeard!
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2015, 21:00 »

I'm having to start a list to keep track of the lists of things to keep track of.

Seriously, I'm hoping 2016 will be the year $cientology goofs the floof so bad with their tax games the IRS can't ignore it. At least not without getting a Congressional hammer dropped on them.
BigBeard

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2015, 12:05 »

Me, too, BigBeard!  And I just realized that you are the man I need to toss an idea to, related to the tax status and IRS. Look for my PM in a few minutes. Thanks

I'm having to start a list to keep track of the lists of things to keep track of.

Seriously, I'm hoping 2016 will be the year $cientology goofs the floof so bad with their tax games the IRS can't ignore it. At least not without getting a Congressional hammer dropped on them.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.