Author Topic: [Formerly Fooled] Victims Of Scientology: Complaints & Concerns About Narconon  (Read 1544 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Victims Of Scientology: Complaints & Concerns About Narconon
16 January 2009, 6:34 pm

I receive MANY complaints  & concerns about Narconon.  Often I get emails, explaining the problems. Sometimes people post comments here. Once I have enough information to understand the problem, I have the them fill out a questionaire so I can help them with getting their complaints addressed. I am only one person, a volunteer with little time but some experience and knowledge that may be of help. My desire is to help as I can.

If you are concerned about a loved one who is currently doing this program,  or you are a victim of their deceptive trade practices and you don't know what steps to take, email me with particulars about the situation which you are comfortable discussing with me, using the below questionaire as a guide, and I will get back to you as soon as possible by email.

At minimum I will need to know:

A general idea of the substance/alcohol abuse history, age, the concerns expressed to you by your loved one and how long he/she been there, along with how the services were paid and by whom ( ie: you, another relative, insurance, employer etc).  My email address is at the end of the questionaire.

Confidential Questionaire:

In order to be able to help you file your complaints and volunteer as an advocate for you in the problem you are having with Narconon, the following information is needed. Use as much space as you need on each question:

Name, address county state, ph number of person who spoke and made the arrangements for the person to attend Narconon:__________________________________ __________________________________ __

Name, address county state, ph numberand age of person who attended Narconon:

__________________________________ __________________________________ __

Name, address county state ph numbers and relationship of person who paid for Narconon:__________________________________ __________________________________ __How much was Narconon paid?

How was it paid and when?

via telephone? via internet? At the facility itself?

Explain when and how the money was transferred to Narconon: By what type of  Credit card, or via wire transfer, by check, Cash etc: please explain:__________________________________ __________________________________ __

Have you asked for a CHARGEBACK from your credit card company? If so, What happened so far?

Supply the name of Credit card (s) company(s) and amounts pd (to each)__________________________________ __________________________________ __

Name and address of Narconon Facility or facilities, and dates of attendence.:__________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ _______________________________

Was Narconon paid for another service such as medical detox or intervention?

If Yes, please note the name address and phone numbers of the other services and list the dates of the service and amounts paid from the total fee:__________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ _____

How did you come to find and choose this narconon? Fill in all that apply:

__ mail, radio,newspaper oradvertisement

__ Internet rehab referral site : Pls give us the web link, the Name, phone number of person you spoke to at referral site

__  Specific Narconon Internet site __  Internet, site unknown:  list keywords used in the search:

__  Through word of mouth: a person? a group?

__  a newspaper ad. Do you still have the ad? yes/no

__  other?

For any of the above, list the particulars /specifics below:__________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ _________

If your contact with Narconon was arranged through an internet referral site,or from a hotline number, please list the names, email addresses and/or phone numbers of the people you were put in contact with._____________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ _______________

If your arrangement for purchasing Narconon was arranged over the phone:

Specifically: what were you asking for and what were you told you'd be getting?

What promises were made over the phone or by email by whom? Specifically Who told

you these things and how was it communicated? Include the internet referral person promises, if applicable________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ _____________________

If you used an internet referral service, were you given choices other than Narconon?  If yes, list them: __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ ______________________________

How much were you charged by Narconon for the program and fees?____________________

If it was an outpatient Narconon, who did you pay rent to and how much?

When,how and to whom did you pay this rent? ie, name,  cash, credit card, check:__________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ _____________________________

Was the patient seen by a medical doctor upon arrival or at another time? State when, and the name and contact information of the doctor if possible.

Did the patient sign a release at the doctor office so you could discuss your loved one's care?  Did you talk with the doctor?

Did the staff discuss your loved one's personal problems and rehab care issues with you or another without his or her persmission? Please explain who what and when.

When you were on the phone with the referral service or the Narconon contact, were you told anything about any refund policy and or Insurance reimbursement? If so, please explain. This is VERY important:

Date you received a contract to sign?           Did you sign it?

Did you receive a contract to sign before paying? y / n

Did you receive a contract before the person arrived at Narconon for services? y /n

Did you receive a receipt for your payment(s) y / n

Were you offered and did did you receive any part of your refund back? y  /  n

Who handled this with you?  __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ ____________________________

How much, When and how was it repaid or credited? __________________________________ __

Were there conditions to getting the payment? ie: did you sign a gag agreement?__________________________________

Please send copies of all agreements signed so we can see what you agreed to. ON A SEPARATE PAGE:

Have the patient write up what happened during his or her stay that he or she felt

was wrong or weird or unethical.

List the Narconon staff you and related family talked with, their title and what

was said once the person had arrived. Please tey to write in sequence and note the

facility they were at if the victim went to more than one.

Explain what happened (or didn't happen as promised) to the person who attended

Narconon that you feel was unethical, illegal or a breach of your agreement with the facility

Write down any concerns you have that are not addressed here._____________________________ _________________________________

It would be helpful to read any documents, contracts, complaint letter you have related to your complaint. If possible, please have them scanned and emailed to me at xscilentologist at yahoo.com

Mary McConnell, volunteer advocate~~~~FormerlyFooled ~FormerlyFooled~ FormerlyFooled~~~~

Source: Formerly Fooled and Finally Free From The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology

« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 23:26 by ethercat »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.