Author Topic: Sea Org staff leaves, gets tricked, then thrown in jail by Scientology  (Read 2400 times)

Offline BT Dedex

• Met Xenu
I don't normally re-post stuff from Marty Rathbun, but this story really needs to get spread around. 
The original story is here:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2010/10/08/free-daniel-montalvo/

Sponge over on OCMB posted a good summary

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=32939

Here's a summary of the main events (go to Rathbuns blog if you want more detail and opinion or to donate)....

September 2010 - Tom DeVocht calls Marty Rathbun about 19 year old Daniel Montalvo, a Sea Org staffer at Bridge Publications, wanting to blow from scientology. He's had enough of the pressure.

Daniel has never known anything other than scientology all is young life. Arrangments were made to aid the practical aspects of his departure and Tom was prepared to help Daniel's entry into normal life by housing him and employing him in his business.

Daniel had some computer hard drives with him which were said to have contained music. There appears to have been concern that there may be scientology information on them and he was advised to send them back, which he did, via messenger service.

The people dealing with Daniels rescue put him on a flight to Florida to see Tom Devocht.
That was where the story should have ended and where Daniel's new life began.

However....

Despite warnings, Daniel eventually gave in to barrages of family and OSA pestering him to go back and "route out properly" (Yes, dear reader, I can picture you all going WTF!!!!! right now).
Moxon starts claiming that the hard drives were never returned. Daniel left for L.A.

Daniel was interrogated, presumably the hard drives were discussed and no doubt was also asked to spill beans on Tom DeVocht, Rathbun etc. Obvioulsy that can't have been very fruitful for Moxon because he was taken to the L.A. County Sheriff's office (yes the offices of scientology friend, Sheriff Lee Baca) to "clear things up".
Instead of clearing things up, Moxon pulls out a great conspiracy theory and on Wednesday (6th Oct 2010) Daniel wound up in a jail cell.

Custody confirmed with LASD:
Booking No: 2503686
Name: Daniel Montalvo - Male, Hispanic
DOB: 03/05/1991 - 19 years old.
Arrest Date: 10/06/2010, 3:45pm
Agency: LASD Detectives - East Los Angeles Station
Total Bail Amount: $20,000

Apparently, Jason Beghe bailed Daniel out of jail yesterday afternoon (Thursday 7th Oct 2010). He is being arraigned Friday morning in Criminal Court - East, 4848 E. Civic Way, Los Angeles @ 8:30 am
An attorney has been arranged for Daniel when he appears for the hearing.

IMO, what will happen next is that the cult of scientology will try to convince Daniel that everything will be OK if he comes back, maybe do a "little time in the RPF" and eveyone will be happy....or else, they won't drop the charges and they'll fill him with fear by telling him crap like that he'll go to prison for a very long time on charges of corporate theft etc etc etc.

Dox:
from LAPD Inmate Info system: http://app4.lasd.org/iic/ajis_search.cfm?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 11:09 by BT Dedex »

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Thanks for posting. Moxon knows no bounds.

It is not too surprising to me that Daniel fell for the "routing out properly" routine if he grew up in Scientology. It is too sad that he may be manipulated through this legal issue by the cult when he just wanted out. |$#!+|

The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
Mr. Montalvo might be better off in jail than in scientology. At least there he would be amongst normal people!

'til next time;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Village Voice-Tony Ortega
Daniel Montalvo, 19, Leaves Scientology, Which Convinces LA Sheriff to Jail Him For It (UPDATED)

Comments are open:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/archives/2010/10/daniel_montalvo.php
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline BT Dedex

• Met Xenu
< nevermind >
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 07:34 by BT Dedex »

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
More updates from Marty's blog posted 10/9. DM seems to be in overdrive on this one. Apparently there is some film of the incident with the PI's. When I see that I will post here.

Daniel Montalvo continued to be under effective house arrest most of the day.   A multi-agent Radical Scientology cult  private eye team has had Daniel under surveillance full time since his release.  Twice the investigators have made aggressive moves with their vehicles toward Daniel’s friend and host Tiziano Lugli. 

This evening, Tiziano and Jamie took Daniel to dinner at a cafe on Sunset Blvd.   A four car team of Radical Scientology cult investigators leered from across the street. When they finished eating,  Tiziano and Jamie approached the PI team. As the two neared the pack of gangsters, team leader Mike Kelly (same guy who lead the JB surveilance team at Tiziano’s  this summer; and surveilled Mosey’s and my arrival at LA International the week before last)  screamed like a stuck pig crying he was fearful that Jamie and Tiziano were going to “mug” he and his three hired thugs. Kelly slammed Tiziano’s arm knocking his video camera to the ground. Jamie called 911.  Twenty LA County Sheriff’s Deputies arrived on the scene aiming shotguns at all the PIs and Tiziano and Jamie.  Tiziano and the pregnant Jamie were cuffed along with the PIs until the watch commander arrived to sort out what was going on.  When they realized it was the Radical Scientology cult PI’s at work again, they gave Tiziano and Jamie a head start home detaining the PI’s in the meantime.

When the smoke finally cleared, Daniel had vanished.

Don’t worry. He is in good hands.

Tiziano and Jamie took some knocks,  but the kid rides again, at least for now, free from effective house arrest.

Minutes later another four cars full of Scientology cult PIs arrived at Tiziano’s home demanding that Daniel be produced to be served with  a restraining order.  Too late, there was no Daniel to produce.

Turns out Eliott Abelson went to court – with no notice to Daniel – representing Daniel’s wife alleging physical spousal abuse purportedly occuring several months ago.  Never reported to the police of course.   They claimed it was an emergency matter to restrain Daniel from going within 100 yards of the Hollywood Blvd management building and the Complex.  The very premises he has been attempting to forever leave behind.  The very premises the church utilized legal threats and family pleas in order to lure Daniel back to. Abelson continues to be a shameless, lying shyster.

As to spousal abuse, what else do you expect?  Isn’t that precisely what they accused me, Amy, Tom and Mike of in their Freedom mags?

The Criminal Mind of Miscavige apparently mandates such allegations be made. He is obsessed with accusing others of his own sordid intentions and activities.

Miscavige is one sick, sick puppy.

And an increasingly ineffective one.

Hopefully, Sheriff Baca will wake up and restore order in a county gone lawless when it comes to the Radical Scientology cult.  Hopefully, Miscavige doesn’t take him down like he did his other LA buddy, a certain one-time movie star.

Interesting how Miscavige is so effective at bringing down apparent friends he tricks into trusting him, while being so utterly ineffective at ruining those who are wise to his tricks and are exposing him for what he is.
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
More updates from Marty's blog posted 10/9. DM seems to be in overdrive on this one. Apparently there is some film of the incident with the PI's. When I see that I will post here.

Daniel Montalvo continued to be under effective house arrest most of the day.   A multi-agent Radical Scientology cult  private eye team has had Daniel under surveillance full time since his release.  Twice the investigators have made aggressive moves with their vehicles toward Daniel’s friend and host Tiziano Lugli. 

This evening, Tiziano and Jamie took Daniel to dinner at a cafe on Sunset Blvd.   A four car team of Radical Scientology cult investigators leered from across the street. When they finished eating,  Tiziano and Jamie approached the PI team. As the two neared the pack of gangsters, team leader Mike Kelly (same guy who lead the JB surveilance team at Tiziano’s  this summer; and surveilled Mosey’s and my arrival at LA International the week before last)  screamed like a stuck pig crying he was fearful that Jamie and Tiziano were going to “mug” he and his three hired thugs. Kelly slammed Tiziano’s arm knocking his video camera to the ground. Jamie called 911.  Twenty LA County Sheriff’s Deputies arrived on the scene aiming shotguns at all the PIs and Tiziano and Jamie.  Tiziano and the pregnant Jamie were cuffed along with the PIs until the watch commander arrived to sort out what was going on.  When they realized it was the Radical Scientology cult PI’s at work again, they gave Tiziano and Jamie a head start home detaining the PI’s in the meantime.

When the smoke finally cleared, Daniel had vanished.

Don’t worry. He is in good hands.

Tiziano and Jamie took some knocks,  but the kid rides again, at least for now, free from effective house arrest.

Minutes later another four cars full of Scientology cult PIs arrived at Tiziano’s home demanding that Daniel be produced to be served with  a restraining order.  Too late, there was no Daniel to produce.

Turns out Eliott Abelson went to court – with no notice to Daniel – representing Daniel’s wife alleging physical spousal abuse purportedly occuring several months ago.  Never reported to the police of course.   They claimed it was an emergency matter to restrain Daniel from going within 100 yards of the Hollywood Blvd management building and the Complex.  The very premises he has been attempting to forever leave behind.  The very premises the church utilized legal threats and family pleas in order to lure Daniel back to. Abelson continues to be a shameless, lying shyster.

As to spousal abuse, what else do you expect?  Isn’t that precisely what they accused me, Amy, Tom and Mike of in their Freedom mags?

The Criminal Mind of Miscavige apparently mandates such allegations be made. He is obsessed with accusing others of his own sordid intentions and activities.

Miscavige is one sick, sick puppy.

And an increasingly ineffective one.

Hopefully, Sheriff Baca will wake up and restore order in a county gone lawless when it comes to the Radical Scientology cult.  Hopefully, Miscavige doesn’t take him down like he did his other LA buddy, a certain one-time movie star.

Interesting how Miscavige is so effective at bringing down apparent friends he tricks into trusting him, while being so utterly ineffective at ruining those who are wise to his tricks and are exposing him for what he is.

Scientology is EXTREMELY offensive, BT.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Mr. Montalvo might be better off in jail than in scientology. At least there he would be amongst normal people!

Perhaps...  But he was in a jail under the jurisdiction of scientology-sympathizer Sherriff Lee Bacca.

More updates from Marty's blog posted 10/9. ...snip...

Hopefully, Sheriff Baca will wake up and restore order in a county gone lawless when it comes to the Radical Scientology cult.

Wouldn't count on it, Marty. 

Perhaps Marty should spend more time reading what he calls the "natter boards" and he would know about Sheriff Baca's connections to scientology - that is, unless he knows of any recent developments that we don't...

I thought Abelson died not too long ago, but I must be mistaken.  It must have been some other cult scumbag lawyer or PI.

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
[Google] Scientology Defector Reportedly Jailed in LA - TIME
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 13:08 »
Scientology Defector Reportedly Jailed in LA - TIME
9 October 2010, 11:27 am

Scientology Defector Reportedly Jailed in LA

TIME

The latest scandal from the Church of Scientology is the tale of 19-year-old Daniel Montalvo, who allegedly ran from the Church and found himself in jail ...

Source: scientology OR scientologist OR miscavige OR criminon OR cchr OR freewinds - Google News

In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
Re: [Google] Scientology Defector Reportedly Jailed in LA - TIME
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 09:47 »
Scientology Defector Reportedly Jailed in LA - TIME
9 October 2010, 11:27 am

Scientology Defector Reportedly Jailed in LA

TIME

The latest scandal from the Church of Scientology is the tale of 19-year-old Daniel Montalvo, who allegedly ran from the Church and found himself in jail ...

Source: scientology OR scientologist OR miscavige OR criminon OR cchr OR freewinds - Google News
  This poster is watching this with great interest. After reading all the third party chatter on the web, I feel something stinks to high heaven. On one hand we have a guy that apparently wanted out of either scientology's Sea Organization or quit his job @ Bridge publications which is the content generating (Books,Tapes,DVD'S , etc.) arm of I believe RTC, the copyright holder of L ron Hubbards writings and an extension of the Church of scientology. From what I have gleaned information wise is not much. The 19 year old had in fact been arrested on a charge of grand theft. Arrest does not necessarily mean guilt as far as I know, it mean's law enforcement within the area of the arrest deemed the arrestee had committed a crime. What the complainant says and the crime actually are is vague @ the moment.

I note a large amount of (Love bombing) chatter on a particular scientology site. That site being led by one high ranking Ex-scientologist Marty Rathbun. My gut says there is a lot more to this story than what is currently available information wise @ this time.

This poster is happy to see the center of attention (The 19 year old male) somewhat out of organized scientology. Yet concerned that he is a pawn between if I may be so bold as saying "warring factions" inside and outside the so-called church of scientology.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
We had 2 threads going on this topic, so I merged them.  I hope this didn't confuse anyone.  (Note: there is a setting in your profile section to receive notifications of thread moves, merges, and other moderation actions, if you like.  It is set to "don't notify" by default.)

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2010/10/09/montalvo-update-the-wild-wild-west/#comment-55326

According to Tom De Vocht, Danny had his music (which he wanted to take with him) on a hard drive.  When the opportunity arose for him to make his escape, he didn't have time to figure out which hard drive contained his music, so he grabbed them all and returned the others that didn't have his music on them.

There is curiosity in all the critical circles as to what was contained on the other hard drives that would provoke such a response from the CoS.  According to Tom:

Peter was VERY concerned about those hard drives and it made me feel the same as you, “WTF??” As a matter of fact, it’s ALL he was concerned about! He even told me, “Danny doesn’t matter and I don’t care if he does go back with you, but what I need are those hard drives!” So I asked Peter what the hell is on them and he told me! They had Bridge Publications staff Life Histories, confessional/sec check KR’s and stats of the Gross Book Sales internationally along with other things.

I find it interesting that the staff's Life Histories and confessional/sec check KRs would be on the Bridge publications computer systems and not in an OSA/church system instead.  Of course, never having been involved with this organization (fortunately!) I don't know how they normally store such things, and there is also the possibility of Peter Mansel (CO OSA FLAG) having lied to Tom about the contents.  I'm sure they didn't want the stats of the gross book sales getting out anywhere.   

Narconon Reviews

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Another little bit of info from Tom that puts another piece in place as to why this is not like just another "blow":

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2010/10/09/montalvo-update-the-wild-wild-west/#comment-55316

Tom De Vocht   |  October 9, 2010 at 11:44 pm  |

Danny had access to wifi system at Bridge because he was the admin for their computers and stat reports. So he had the password to get on web sites that are otherwise blocked. Plus he is inherently a computer geek like his dad, a very good friend of mine, Luis. Luis, wake up buddy!

The bolding is mine.
   Narconon Reviews

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
Another little bit of info from Tom that puts another piece in place as to why this is not like just another "blow":

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2010/10/09/montalvo-update-the-wild-wild-west/#comment-55316

Tom De Vocht   |  October 9, 2010 at 11:44 pm  |

Danny had access to wifi system at Bridge because he was the admin for their computers and stat reports. So he had the password to get on web sites that are otherwise blocked. Plus he is inherently a computer geek like his dad, a very good friend of mine, Luis. Luis, wake up buddy!

The bolding is mine.
What I find rather interesting would be along the lines of "Why" so much information being given to the public via MR and TD concerning this? Is it an attempt by the indie movement to "Mind game" the C of S? A form of mental oneupmanship?

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
I'm watching this situation with interest. Thanks for the updates.
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
What I find rather interesting would be along the lines of "Why" so much information being given to the public via MR and TD concerning this? Is it an attempt by the indie movement to "Mind game" the C of S? A form of mental oneupmanship?

Probably something like that - hinting that they have more info they will release if they keep getting harassed, perhaps.

Narconon Reviews

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Off topic for this thread, but...

I thought Abelson died not too long ago, but I must be mistaken.  It must have been some other cult scumbag lawyer or PI.

It was Earle Cooley!  I knew I'd remember it when I saw it again.

http://www.dailyfreepress.com/news/local-scientology-church-draws-student-curiousity-1.2373750
Scientology historically has received negative attention from the media and the public.

It became controversial at BU in 1995 when BU Board of Trustees Chairman Earle C. Cooley represented the church as a lawyer in cases regarding intellectual property.

BU = Boston University
   Narconon Reviews