Author Topic: Protest Follow Up - February 12th, 2011  (Read 2717 times)

Offline RedShieldwolf

• Joker and Degrader
  • For me, it really is KCW (Keep Chanology Working)
Protest Follow Up - February 12th, 2011
« on: February 15, 2011, 20:38 »
Crossover post, edited for this forum. anonDemosthenes announced his return, but he didn't make it to this one.

Because I arrived pretty late and left after an hour, I can only report on two things of note:

1. The Scientologists called the cops on us for using bullhorns, something KC anons have been doing for years. Other than threatening to arrest those with bullhorns on the next visit, the cops were reasonable, telling us we had the right to free speech and protest & giving us tips on using the bullhorns (e.g. turning the volume down, pointing it down the sidewalk). We decided that it wouldn't matter what we did with the bullhorns; the scilons would still call the cops on us. So we put the bullhorns down and started yelling across the street (my voice is loud enough anyway). This was my first time using the bullhorn too, so just for that, I am making a whole new set of signs, including one mentioning the current FBI investigation. (Was able to mention this before they shut us down.)
   2. Another incident with a pedestrian. This gentleman was intoxicated, had gothic-looking (nu metal, apparently) clothes on, and what I'm guessing is permanent makeup around his eyes that looked like mascara tears. I couldn't discern anything coherent coming from him and I started to become concerned when he grabbed my shoulders and turned me around to show me something. Around that time, he started to harass one of the MainCor guys and all of the anons began to distance themselves from him. Drunk nu metal dude then got into an argument with the MainCor security guy and left.

never adds:

Quote from: never
We received quite a bit of horn love this Saturday including a UPS driver, two different semi-trucks, and even a bicyclist (okay, so that was bell love, whatever). Ding ding ding! There were also several shady lookin' people taking our photos with poorly executed stealthiness and the usual assortment of Scientologists and/or PIs (don't know, don't care at this point) that are always around watching us, plus a couple of new faces. All in all it was a decent protest. The excitement from knowing our Scilons still care about us enough to call the cops coupled with yet another visit from a crazy local made up for the freezing cold, boring protests we've had in the past few months. Not to mention Ceiling Cat had seen fit to bless us with beautiful weather in which to stand on our street corner in. The highlight of it all (for me at least) was hearing the cops refer to the Org as a business not once, not twice, but three times when explaining about the megaphone complaints.

More on drunk nu metal dude:

I didn't get very good shots of him because I didn't want him to think I wanted him to talk to me about his fight against the man. He was ridiculous looking, like someone took a normal guy, put him in some clothes they thought screamed "rebellious young person", drew "punk slogans" a 12 year old would come up with on his faux-jncos, attacked his face with a magic marker and sent him on his way. I don't totally believe he was for real. But then again, I often give people far too much credit. Our other crazies/drunks are way more entertaining.

Another perspective:

Quote from: over9000OT
Adding on slightly...
We noticed a whole fleet (not Marcabian, unfortunately) of po-po drive by once and then one parked in front of the org while the other two parked about 100 feet down the street in front of the Pizza Hut. Apologies for the failtech on my phone. They are parked behind the Beemer in the foreground. El Jeffe Policia went into Pizza Hut and, I assume, asked if we were bugging them. Since pizza hut is fattening, but not cultish, they must have said no.

Here is the Scientologist that came out to talk to the boys in blue:

And the net result:

On the bright side, at least we know what our crimes are... being too loud.

Skip this if you aren't wearing your tinfoil but literally a minute after the cops showed up, a humongous dude showed up in this SUV and asked if we minded if he took our picture. Other than the fact that Heavy D had an enormous cauliflower ear, it was kind of weird that this guy randomly showed up to take our pictures while the cops were talking to us and left when the cops did. I got a picture of his sweet hoopty but not him:

I'm researching the KCMO noise ordinance and it looks like we're clear as far as making a "noise disturbance" but I'll need to find out if there are any other laws that might apply. I don't mind taking one for the greater good if there is a stupid/arbitrary law but, at this point, I really don't think they had any legal basis to tell us to stop using bullhorns. Especially since it looks like the noise disturbance has hours and decibel levels associated with it. I'm going to talk with the Environmental Department of the PD and see what they have to say. Then I'll talk to the desk sergeant at one of the KCMO PD divisions that doesn't cover our area. If need be, I'm willing to front the 50 clams to pay for a single use Noise Permit each month. I'm also looking up what it takes to get on someone for harassment. If the Org wants to call the police on us I would especially enjoy calling the police on them. Afterall... we are on public property.

Oh.... and there really can't be enough justice done to the metal head/nu metal/weirdo guy. Not only was he wrecked, he had the raddest fake Irish accent I think I've ever heard. He sounded like a drunk, and slightly menacing, Lucky Charms commercial. If, you know, Lucky Charms were made of 'ludes and peyote.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 22:16 by RedShieldwolf »

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
Re: Protest Follow Up - February 12th, 2011
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 07:36 »
Since pizza hut is fattening, but not cultish,

I gotta wonder; ever heard a Pizza Hut fan arguing with a Domino's lover? :D

'til next time;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 19:50 »
Quote from: RedShieldwolf
Another incident with a pedestrian. This gentleman was intoxicated, had gothic-looking (nu metal, apparently) clothes on, and what I'm guessing is permanent makeup around his eyes that looked like mascara tears. I couldn't discern anything coherent coming from him and I started to become concerned when he grabbed my shoulders and turned me around to show me something. Around that time, he started to harass one of the MainCor guys and all of the anons began to distance themselves from him. Drunk nu metal dude then got into an argument with the MainCor security guy and left.

There were also several shady lookin' people taking our photos with poorly executed stealthiness and the usual assortment of Scientologists and/or PIs (don't know, don't care at this point) that are always around watching us, plus a couple of new faces.

We all meet the strangest people at scientology protests.  I wonder why that is?

:-/?V  ?

The highlight of it all (for me at least) was hearing the cops refer to the Org as a business not once, not twice, but three times when explaining about the megaphone complaints.

C{{O}}2

More on drunk nu metal dude:

OMG!  There's something seriously missing...  Where is the black hair?  D0oD like that oughta have black hair. 

And what's that slightly greenish thing with the strap hanging off his butt?

I didn't get very good shots of him because I didn't want him to think I wanted him to talk to me about his fight against the man.

Can't say I blame you; I wouldn't want him to get too close to me, either.  The guy in red on the corner seems concerned about him as well. 

He was ridiculous looking, like someone took a normal guy, put him in some clothes they thought screamed "rebellious young person", drew "punk slogans" a 12 year old would come up with on his faux-jncos, attacked his face with a magic marker and sent him on his way. I don't totally believe he was for real. But then again, I often give people far too much credit. Our other crazies/drunks are way more entertaining.

He doesn't look real to me either.   :-/?V

The org is next door to an H&R Block?  A tax place?   <--:D-->   Oh, this is rich with potential jokes. 

On the bright side, at least we know what our crimes are... being too loud.

Hahahaha!

Skip this if you aren't wearing your tinfoil but literally a minute after the cops showed up, a humongous dude showed up in this SUV and asked if we minded if he took our picture. Other than the fact that Heavy D had an enormous cauliflower ear, it was kind of weird that this guy randomly showed up to take our pictures while the cops were talking to us and left when the cops did.

That's pretty suspicious sounding.  We used to get a lot of "photography students" at the protests in Dunwoody - Dunwoody, a suburb, not Midtown, not Little 5 Points, not Decatur, no, no urban artsy settings for these guys; these "photography students" just happened to be on the prowl in the less-than-hip, and downright mundane suburb of Dunwoody on the days we protested.  (It was funny to try to get them to hold a sign.  ;) )

Oh.... and there really can't be enough justice done to the metal head/nu metal/weirdo guy. Not only was he wrecked, he had the raddest fake Irish accent I think I've ever heard. He sounded like a drunk, and slightly menacing, Lucky Charms commercial. If, you know, Lucky Charms were made of 'ludes and peyote.

Bwhahahaha!  Oh, sheesh, let me catch my breath.  Thanks for the report, RSW, I enjoyed that.

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 20:45 »
Nothing like a fake, drunken, Irish Goth at a protest! I enjoyed reading about the cops calling the place a business and the pics are very nice.

As EC mentioned, we are very familiar with the photography tech. The usual story was that the photographer "just happened to be in the neighborhood."

The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline RedShieldwolf

• Joker and Degrader
  • For me, it really is KCW (Keep Chanology Working)
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 01:31 »
Thanks guys.  :D

I didn't get very good shots of him because I didn't want him to think I wanted him to talk to me about his fight against the man.

Can't say I blame you; I wouldn't want him to get too close to me, either.  The guy in red on the corner seems concerned about him as well. 

He was ridiculous looking, like someone took a normal guy, put him in some clothes they thought screamed "rebellious young person", drew "punk slogans" a 12 year old would come up with on his faux-jncos, attacked his face with a magic marker and sent him on his way. I don't totally believe he was for real. But then again, I often give people far too much credit. Our other crazies/drunks are way more entertaining.

He doesn't look real to me either.   :-/?V

Just in case you missed it, those comments weren't from me. They were from never, who took most of the pictures that appear in the thread. I was pretty much THE anon he decided to bother.

And the man in the red jacket was the Maincor guy who was harassed, so his concern was validated as well.

The org is next door to an H&R Block?  A tax place?   <--:D-->   Oh, this is rich with potential jokes.

And we protest right next to a bank. What a convenient location for the CoS.  ;)

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 18:44 »
Thanks for reposting the report.  \--O--/
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 19:06 »
And we protest right next to a bank. What a convenient location for the CoS.  ;)

:D  Were you aware that "bank" is also a slang term for the "reactive mind"? 

Just another of the little puns Hubbard built into scientology:
Sell you a bridge
Scientology logo is a double cross
Dianetics logo is a pyramid (scheme)
Get rid of your bank

(there must be more, but I can't think of them right now.)
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions