Author Topic: School denies Scientology deal - The Vine  (Read 530 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
School denies Scientology deal - The Vine
« on: March 28, 2011, 05:04 »
School denies Scientology deal - The Vine
26 March 2011, 5:35 pm

by LUKERYAN on Mar 27 2011, 06:00AM

A Melbourne school linked to the Church of Scientology spends among the lowest per student in Australia despite receiving thousands of dollars in government funding.

Yarralinda School in Mooroolbark has also come under fire for obscuring its affiliation with Scientology, in a flyer that spruiks the school as a ''no homework school''.

My School website reveals Yarralinda School spent $3727 per student in 2009, despite receiving $6171 per student in combined government funding and $4609 per student in fees.

Victoria's independent schools spend an average of $15,201 per student, while government schools spend an average $10,178 per student.

However, most of Yarralinda's income - $7765 per student - was allocated to paying off debts, according to My School.

more at http://www.thevine.com.au/news/education/school-denies-scientology-deal20110327.aspx
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 18:41 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.