Author Topic: Scientology says 'cult' tag defames the church - Sydney Morning Herald  (Read 539 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Scientology says 'cult' tag defames the church - Sydney Morning Herald
9 July 2011, 10:00 am

THE Church of Scientology is threatening to sue a volunteer organisation for publishing a brochure it claims labels the religion a ''cult''.

But the Cult Information and Family Support (CIFS) group, which helps victims of cults and their families, refuses to bow to the demands of the Scientologists, saying they will continue their ''humanitarian support work''.

The brochure advertises the support group's national conference in Brisbane next month and quotes one of the speakers, Senator Nick Xenophon, from a speech in Parliament in 2009 in which he labelled Scientology a criminal organisation.

more at http://www.smh.com.au/national/scientology-says-cult-tag-defames-the-church-20110709-1h7rq.html
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 22:25 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.