Author Topic: Narconon self-submitted article and a good letter to the editor in response  (Read 2489 times)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
The article:
NARCONON helps student after 23 years of addiction

The letter in response:
Narconon is a scientology front

It has some comments from the scientology online brigade, as well as from some others.  It could use some more from our side, if anyone is so inclined.

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
Wouldn't it have been better if Rebecca's post hadn't  talked about his story, when the story was that of a woman?

oh, well...

'til...
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
Okay, I just posted the following response at catwalk:

My name is Tony Williams and I am not anonymous. Narconon is a scam cure, with an actual recidivism rate of over 90%. At a cost of over $30,000 per course of treatment, that does not compare well even with going cold turkey alone - that has a success rate of about 17%!

A primary part of Narconon's treatment is spending hours in a sauna, in order to sweat out the remnants of drugs and other toxins in your system. Unfortunately, any med student can tell you our bodies process those things in our livers and kidneys, and we expel them in our waste - not through our sweat.

Please, if you need help with addiction, get help elsewhere! Yopu will save money, and have a better chance of making the changes you need than Narconon will ever be able to provide!

'til next time;
Tony Williams

ethercat reading catwalk... that's just toooooo perfect!

'til!
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Raven

yesterday the article had 26 thumbs up now its down to just 5 :(

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Back up to 37. I swear that article changed. It was about a woman before.........maybe  :-\
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
I could have sworn I posted a response there, too. Odd.
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"