Author Topic: HON and Narconon  (Read 2262 times)

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
HON and Narconon
« on: June 20, 2009, 22:44 »
I found this and thought those here may enjoy this.  There's only one edit from the original, for language, at the very end.

Was reading the narcononcanada.ca website early last month and noticed the HON (Health On The Net) seal at the bottom of the main page. It looked like this:

So I wrote the HON foundation asking them if Narconon did indeed comply with their standards. This is their response (I removed all confidential info as per their request):

Dear Sir,

Thank you for having contacted us about this Website and Narconon. Our attention has been brought to this matter very recently. We take it very seriously. We are already treating this matter and Narconon related Websites will not be certified in the future. This Website will no longer be certified.

Thank you for your information and your attention.

Best regards,

The HONcode team.

And this is the final result from a few days ago (removed confidential info as per request - bolding is mine):

Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for contacting the Health On the Net Foundation
(HON) regarding the site : Narconon Canada Continental Office | Drug Rehabilitation | Drug Prevention and Education and for your input.

As you can see on the Website, the HONseal and certificate have changed. The HONseals display will actually be updated in the following hours. Despite our demands, the Website still displays our HONseal, but the Website is no longer certified. No other narconon related Website is (and will) be certified.

Best regards,

The HONcode team.

If you find any Canadian Narconon/Scientology sites using the HON seal, click on the HONlogo and inform them of the misuse.

HEY NARCONON, YOU'RE INVALID. HOW'S THAT FEEL?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 22:50 by Stutroup »

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
Re: HON and Narconon
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 05:33 »
Anyone want to place bets that the Scilon making the site just stole the HON graphic and hoped no one would notice? :)
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 09:18 »
I'm not so sure:  By the wording of the first response, it seems somehow Narconon sites had been certified but no longer will be.

Or perhaps you're right, and the HON representative who contacted him was simply being polite.  I do so enjoy professional courtesy xD

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 18:45 »
Very interesting.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama