Author Topic: QUEST DIAGNOSTICS SEEKS TO GARNISH THOUSANDS FROM CENTER'S BANK ACCOUNTS  (Read 9209 times)

Offline Escapee

• Met Xenu
I am well aware of the racket...however in this case the company does the billing not narconon so narconon does not profit.  My point was that yes narconon does many sketch things but this is not one of them.
hey freeatlast you seem to know some real facts..the time I was at the center "spice" or jw18 or "k2" was a pretty big contraband item were they really sending those out to be tested? Also what about the tests that tripped tricilick anti depressants !! And they would acusse is of taking pm's !! I'm just curious!

Offline FreeAtLast

• On the path to knowledge
Yes they were and diphenhydramine which is in PM's is a TCA so that's why they would accuse people of taking them.

Offline source

• Merchant of Chaos
From their history, I can only believe that the reason they didn't jump on the drug testing billing scam is that hadn't figured it out yet.

Narconon seems to be the only place you can find just about every fraudulent activity in treatment under one roof.

They should have a college course on treatment fraud and use the many examples of NARCONON as a baseline.

Offline aegerprimo

• Fly in the Ointment
    • The Foul Air of the Freewinds an Ex-SO Member’s Story
If you BING "Quest Daignostics" the results are alarming. See for yourself -
http://www.bing.com/search?q=quest+diagnostics+narconon&form=IE10TR&src=IE10TR&pc=HPNTDFJS

Bug if you do a Google search, results are very different -
https://www.google.com/#q=quest+narconon+diagnostics&undefined=undefined
Scientology Through The Door - my interview (#316) - http://alley.ethercat.com/cgi-bin/door/door.cgi?316

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
I am well aware of the racket...however in this case the company does the billing not narconon so narconon does not profit.  My point was that yes narconon does many sketch things but this is not one of them.

I can't say that Narconon is doing the POCT (point of care testing) and billing. The lawsuit names one rehab and leaves the others unnamed. From reading the complaint, I get the impression that the rehabs are billing insurance for drug screens done on-site. Then, Avee performs a confirmatory testing and bills separately for that.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Cigul

• Met Xenu
Yes they were and diphenhydramine which is in PM's is a TCA so that's why they would accuse people of taking them.

Not to split hairs, but diphenhydramine, better known as Benadryl, is not a tricyclic. It can cause a false-positive for benzos and tricyclics, but it's actually an antihistamine.
The highest good is like water.
It flows in places men reject and so is like the Tao.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
If you BING "Quest Daignostics" the results are alarming. See for yourself -
http://www.bing.com/search?q=quest+diagnostics+narconon&form=IE10TR&src=IE10TR&pc=HPNTDFJS

Bug if you do a Google search, results are very different -
https://www.google.com/#q=quest+narconon+diagnostics&undefined=undefined

Hi A!

Most of the actual results of both terms together are benign. LIke medical references where Quest is involved being mentioned on same page as or by a Narconon page.

The reason BING comes up with so many vs Google is that Google only shows links that contain both Quest Diagnostics + Narconon, where as BING is supplying you with any pages that say either or  or both terms.

To do a better and more accurate search, it's best to search like this:

"Quest Diagnostics" Narconon

or "Quest Diagnostics" + Narconon

Hope this helps.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target

Not to split hairs, but diphenhydramine, better known as Benadryl, is not a tricyclic. It can cause a false-positive for benzos and tricyclics, but it's actually an antihistamine.

Thank you :) Nice to see you popping up in the Michigan discussions!

I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target

Well, they owe the money for something :) Could be insurance claim related. Claims billed by NN instead of directly by the lab? All the Narconons are being looked into for insurance fraud.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
This article explains some of how the game works:
Kickbacks and Other Abuses “Rampant” in Drug Testing Industry-American News Report

Kickbacks, which employees wouldn't necessarily know about, go to the owners or directors for using the lab.  Providers can bill for the purchase of the kits and administering the test, then they can send it off to the lab for "confirmation" of results, and now the lab gets to bill too.  Lots of insurance money to go around, at least until the insurance companies catch on.  In the meantime, it costs us all in higher rates to make up for it.  And then there was the "double dipping" that Narconon of Georgia was doing, at least in one case, billing the client AND the insurance.

I'm not saying this is what Narconon was or is doing, because I don't know, but it's food for thought. 

(Hopefully, not to give Narconon any ideas.   ooo:/ )
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions