Author Topic: Wickstrom’s A Forever Recovery -26 hospitalized Carbon Monoxide Poisoning  (Read 275 times)

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Wickstrom’s A Forever Recovery -26 hospitalized -Faulty Furnace causes Carbon Monoxide Leak

We were alerted tonight that 26 residents and staff of the unbranded Narconon program, A Forever Recovery in Battle Creek, MI, were hospitalized Wednesday morning with Carbon Monoxide poisoning effects due to a leak from a faulty furnace.
read on http://narcononreviews.net/narconon/wickstroms-a-forever-recovery-26-hospitalized-carbon-monoxide-leak/

26 hospitalized!!!! How can Michigan Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) allow this and other Narconons to stay in business??!!!???
  https://www.facebook.com/NarcononReviews4U/posts/1074179379390979
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline DeathHamster

• Actual Trouble Source
Damn. I wonder what the Michigan report on that will be like? "They opened a window, lit a candle and promised that it wouldn't happen again, so it's all good."

Don't the regulations require working carbon monoxide alarms?

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Damn. I wonder what the Michigan report on that will be like? "They opened a window, lit a candle and promised that it wouldn't happen again, so it's all good."

Don't the regulations require working carbon monoxide alarms?

At this point, you might be close on what the MI report will say. They give these  programs such slack on the complaints..   >:(

I wondered the same thing on the regs... so far I have not been able to find any specific requirement, neither from Michigan Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) nor Calhoun County/ Battle Creek. I will dig deeper tonight.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Miss Fortune

• Fly in the Ointment
Try Pennfield Township; they might have mechanical inspectors. (Never mind: didn't notice it was the former Tranquility Detox location and not AFR in Pennfield.)

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
This is the State Law for Michigan:

Mich. Comp. Laws Ann. § 125.1504d

Requires newly constructed boarding houses, hotels, motels and other residential buildings where occupants are primarily transient in nature to install an operational carbon monoxide device in each area where a mechanism is present that provides a common source of heat from a fossil-fuel-burning furnace, boiler or water-heater.

Local county, city, township, etc., laws can make the requirements tighter, but cannot waive the state requirement.
BigBeard

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Time for Michigan LARA to get serious about shutting them down!

The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Miss Fortune

• Fly in the Ointment
State of Michigan passes the buck in A Forever Recovery carbon monoxide poisoning:http://glisteningquiveringunderbelly.blogspot.com/2017/11/no-state-requirement-to-report-mass.html

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama