Author Topic: Have You Told All? Inside My Time With Narconon and Scientology  (Read 31559 times)

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Re: Have You Told All? Inside My Time With Narconon and Scientology
« Reply #160 on: March 29, 2013, 01:32 »
Very exciting! Will be listening in :)
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline cnhender

• Fly in the Ointment
  • its a wog world
    • FB Narconon Exposed
« Reply #161 on: March 29, 2013, 13:32 »
6-8 PM Central CALL IN LINE 512-646-1984

Listen Live-LogosRadioNetwork.com click ‘Listen’ then choose your Internet speed. Logos Radio Network is a listener supported, free speech radio network and your contributions are vital but you do not have to be a subscriber in order to hear the show.

Listen live:
http://www.logosradionetwork.com/pm.cgi?action=show&temp=listen
Respectfully,
CH

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #162 on: March 29, 2013, 15:03 »
6-8 PM Central CALL IN LINE 512-646-1984

Listen Live-LogosRadioNetwork.com click ‘Listen’ then choose your Internet speed. Logos Radio Network is a listener supported, free speech radio network and your contributions are vital but you do not have to be a subscriber in order to hear the show.

Listen live:
http://www.logosradionetwork.com/pm.cgi?action=show&temp=listen

do you have to pay to hear it?
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #163 on: March 31, 2013, 20:00 »
For anyone who missed the program, it is archived here: http://feeds.feedburner.com/AxXiomForLiberty
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #164 on: April 06, 2013, 13:43 »
Thanks, mefree! That was a good show!

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
Where is Rena Weinberg?  I put in a call to ABLE International's office today...

http://www.haveyoutoldall.com/where-is-rena-weinberg/

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Where is Rena Weinberg?  I put in a call to ABLE International's office today...

Well, I posted a quote and a link from your article to Facebook groups People who are against Scientology's Rehabilitation Force (RPF)  https://www.facebook.com/groups/177463728938909/
and SPs 'r' US  at https://www.facebook.com/groups/325785144156523

Lets see what the SPs can do :)

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
Thanks, Mary!  I couldn't believe that her husband was the one who answered the phone. I hope she turns up soon.

Offline Witnessman

• Fly in the Ointment
I find it absolutely astounding that private imprisonment is being officially condoned as a religious practice in the USA.  Given the intolerable living conditions experienced by the brain-washed unfortunates in the RFPs, there has to have been causally related deaths, I would think, although how would such ever become known?

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
I find it absolutely astounding that private imprisonment is being officially condoned as a religious practice in the USA.  Given the intolerable living conditions experienced by the brain-washed unfortunates in the RFPs, there has to have been causally related deaths, I would think, although how would such ever become known?

There have been stories about bodies buried in the desert, but nothing ever substantiated.  There would have to be someone who knew about it, then decided to leave, and then wasn't afraid to tell about it for fear they'd be considered an accomplice.  This, while scientology would call them a "bitter apostate" and conjure up stories to keep people from paying any attention to them, while at the same time sending someone out to move the body.  And we critics, being the skeptics we are, would ask for proof before we'd believe it.   :D

Well, I posted a quote and a link from your article to Facebook groups People who are against Scientology's Rehabilitation Force (RPF)  https://www.facebook.com/groups/177463728938909/

It says: You must log in to see this page.    -^#^-!   
This is one of the reasons I dislike Facebook; all this stuff that might be posted there, but will never make it into the search engines...

Nice blog post, Luke.  Thank goodness it will make it into the search engines.    ;D
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Facebook posts never get into google search engines... sorry I didn't realize you had to be logged in. At least not so at ESMB :)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Facebook posts never get into google search engines... sorry I didn't realize you had to be logged in. At least not so at ESMB :)

No problem; it's not your doing.   :)  Facebook is good for spreading information ephemerally, but not much good for documenting things on a more permanent basis.  It's also blocked by firewall in a lot of people's workplaces, and we all know 90% of internet reading happens when people are at work, right?   :D

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
lol!

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
I re-stumbled upon this last night.  It was Gary Smith's response to NBC back in April.
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sections/NEWS/z-pdf-archive/2013_Narconon_Arrowhead_Final_Statement.pdf  A couple things stood out for me.

First were these sentences:
Decades of research support the effectiveness of these treatment methods in drug and alcohol rehabilitation. We are dedicated to providing students a safe environment free from distractions and supervised by qualified trained personnel.

Um, no, decades of research do not support effectiveness.  In fact, the new series just released shows quite the opposite and proves Narconon has been twisting the figures to their own liking.

Also, I think anyone outside of Narconon/Scientology would have an issue with the description of employees as being "qualified trained personnel".  Trained by whom and for what?

The other thing I realized is that a few years ago Gary started calling himself the CEO of Narconon Arrowhead rather than the Executive Director.  I think this gives a little insight to the mindset of it being a for-profit corporation that makes millions.  Look it up for yourself - Executive Director is the title generally accepted for non-profits and CEO usually designates for-profit companies.  The fact that Arrowhead has had somewhere between $12 million and $24 million in cash in the bank is indicative of that.  This money is stashed, per L. Ron Hubbard policies governing churches of Scientology, in bank accounts labeled as the Main Account, the FSM Account, the General Liability Fund, the Building Fund Account, the Book Account, the Reserve Account and others.

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
I'd imagine those bank accounts are going to be drained pretty quick.  They can try to hype themselves all they want, doesnt change the fact that they have to travel through a legal shitstorm in the coming months.  What happens when people start getting taken away in handcuffs?  Where's the PR line for that?  It was our fault. :-*
ET went home.

Offline Escapee

• Met Xenu
Just finished reading! Bought on amazon and I thought my iPad was gonna crap the bed on me cause I did not shut it off until the book was done lol! I'm reading "blown for good" now and it's another great read! I'm starting to notice who was really running the Narconon centers!!!

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Just finished reading! Bought on amazon and I thought my iPad was gonna crap the bed on me cause I did not shut it off until the book was done lol! I'm reading "blown for good" now and it's another great read! I'm starting to notice who was really running the Narconon centers!!!

3((:  , glad you enjoyed the book! I did, too! Blown For Good is an excellent book. too!

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed

Thanks!  Yes, the ones pulling the strings are exactly the ones they deny having a connection to. 

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
I just wanted to say thank you to all of you.  This helps explain my sort of absence of late.  I know I'll continue to be in contact with many of you through PMs, email, etc. but stepping back from boards and stuff.

http://www.haveyoutoldall.com/parting-shot/

Offline Damian DeWitt

• Met Xenu
I just wanted to say thank you to all of you.  This helps explain my sort of absence of late.  I know I'll continue to be in contact with many of you through PMs, email, etc. but stepping back from boards and stuff.

http://www.haveyoutoldall.com/parting-shot/

Luke, thanks for your explanation. There is much to rejoice at much of which appears to be going on behind the scenes:

- "lowered income and paid client populations"
- "numerous current and former staff members who are coming forward (publicly and privately) to share information about the fraud, corruption and mistreatment of people"
-- "Without giving away any specifics, I can tell you that the criminal investigations are still in full-swing"
-- "The church must also fork over about $100 million to settle all of the lawsuits and pay fines."

I also appreciated your laying out the only two options for Narconon's business model - either come clean about its connections to Scientology or "embrace current mental health practitioners."

To me the most striking thing you have written is this:

"I’m no longer afraid of them."

I have to admit that I am saddened and bereft when I see ex-Scientologists writing that they are "moving on."

It is understandable particularly for young exes in their 20s and 30s who are building careers and families, but their disengagement at least publicly from the fight against the Miscavige regime is a great loss.

Off the top of my head I cite the following great anti-Miscavige warriors we have lost in this way:

- Vance Woodward
- Jeff Hawkins
- Bill at Ask The Scientologist
- Will Frye

Vance has deleted withdrawn his excellent book from Amazon and deleted all the posts on his blog. The others are no longer posting publicly.

There is no question here of an obligation of anyone to publicly engage in the fight. All of these men have contributed mightily and on that basis alone would earn the right to retire as heroes without regard for their right to move on with their lives for any reason whatsoever.

I do hope, though, that they would continue to make themselves available on a private basis to share their expertise and experience on specific worthy projects with potential to expose the criminality and abuse of the Miscavige regime.

Once again, my profound thanks for everything you have done and continue to do to expose Narconon.