Author Topic: Hubbard's view on identities  (Read 138 times)

Offline JoeClark

• New Around Here
Hubbard's view on identities
« on: October 11, 2017, 03:23 »
Hello Everyone,

From the Hubbard Clearing Scientologist Course 6001C06 6 January 1960, Identity, 54'13"
"Identity is the most irresponsible mechanism a thetan has. Therefore, it has to be resolved."

Interesting misinformation. We use identities to get anything done and take responsibility. So Hubbard wanted to "resolve" that which we use to take responsibility by calling it irresponsible.
Was Hubbard delusional or was he trying to create slaves?

Any Idea , Suggestions would be appreciated,

Thanks,

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:http://exscnforum.com/index.php/topic/353-hubbards-view-on-identities/

(Edited: Removed advertising link.  --ec)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 21:20 by ethercat »

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Re: Hubbard's view on identities
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 08:34 »
I think you're on the right track with delusional, Joe.  ;) Welcome to RFTTP.

Also, you might find this of interest:

MALIGNANT NARCISSISM, L. RON HUBBARD, AND SCIENTOLOGY’S POLICIES OF NARCISSISTIC RAGE
ABSTRACT
In this article, we argue that Scientology’s founder, L. Ron Hubbard, likely presented a personality disorder known as malignant narcissism, and then we establish that this disorder probably contributed to his creation of organizational policies against perceived enemies that reflected his narcissistic rage. We illustrate our argument by discussing Hubbard’s creation of an internal Scientology organization called the Guardian’s Office, which carried out a sustained and covert attack against a Scientology critic, Paulette Cooper. This attack, and the Scientology policies that Hubbard created to ‘handle’ critics like her, demonstrate how Hubbard translated narcissistic rage into organizational policies that loyal members enacted on his behalf. By using psychological insights about the leader’s personality, and then showing how that personality translated into socially deviant and sometimes criminal policies and actions by his organization, we hope to encourage criminologists to examine other groups by applying similar theories.
http://skent.ualberta.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Lane-Kent_HubbardsNarcissism_EN_December08-2008.pdf
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 09:23 by mefree »
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 17:46 »
Hello Everyone,

From the Hubbard Clearing Scientologist Course 6001C06 6 January 1960, Identity, 54'13"
"Identity is the most irresponsible mechanism a thetan has. Therefore, it has to be resolved."

Interesting misinformation. We use identities to get anything done and take responsibility. So Hubbard wanted to "resolve" that which we use to take responsibility by calling it irresponsible.
Was Hubbard delusional or was he trying to create slaves?

Any Idea , Suggestions would be appreciated,

Thanks,

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:http://exscnforum.com/index.php/topic/353-hubbards-view-on-identities/

website builder software

Eliminate from the member the idea that identities are necessary and healthy, and the better for Scientology to control.

PS: FYI, As ethercat wrote in another thread in this section, "this forum is not so much an exes forum as it is a forum for people to investigate and discuss Narconon.  Exes are welcome, of course, to take part and there are some here, but I'd venture to say at least half of the active members, if not more, are "never-ins". http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php?topic=12969.msg36600#msg36600

That said, you may want to post only 'Scientology lite' stuff here.

The Ex Scientologist Message Board is the best place to get into in-depth discussions countering Scientology tech such as this.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 17:55 by Mary_McConnell »
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 21:24 »
Hi JoeClark,

Advertising links are not allowed on this forum, so I have removed them from your posts.  You are welcome to participate here, but if you add commercial links again, you will be banned.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 13:59 »
Hi JoeClark,

Advertising links are not allowed on this forum, so I have removed them from your posts.  You are welcome to participate here, but if you add commercial links again, you will be banned.

Gee, I didn't even notice that. Thanks for spotting them and giving the warnings. 'Looks like 3 strikes, and JoeClark is out'
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.