Author Topic: scamed by tranquility  (Read 2297 times)

Offline patrick60534

• New Around Here
scamed by tranquility
« on: January 13, 2013, 07:29 »
i recently was sent to tranquility. before i went i was contacted numerous times in attempt to get me there. i just would not agree with the price. finally i was told i only had to pay a discounted price. my mother was fronting the money and encouraged me to go real bad. finally i agreed but when i got there i was sick and rushef through paperwork. then once i was there my mother was told a different price.  i was able to leave after detox only because i am slicker than usual. but i still feel robbed by having to pay more tban wht i was told even more than the regular price because my mother was unaware of the price. is there anyway i can get my money back

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Re: scamed by tranquility
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 09:33 »
i recently was sent to tranquility. before i went i was contacted numerous times in attempt to get me there. i just would not agree with the price. finally i was told i only had to pay a discounted price. my mother was fronting the money and encouraged me to go real bad. finally i agreed but when i got there i was sick and rushef through paperwork. then once i was there my mother was told a different price.  i was able to leave after detox only because i am slicker than usual. but i still feel robbed by having to pay more tban wht i was told even more than the regular price because my mother was unaware of the price. is there anyway i can get my money back

Welcome to Tipping Point, patrick.

I hope you are doing well now and commend you for taking that first step. It's a bummer that you found Tranquility detox. I wouldn't be surprised if you or your Mom found them through an internet search. Narconon manages to game the search engines keeping their rehabs on the first few pages of any internet search.   

This post by witnessman gives some good advice on how to get started on obtaining a refund.
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,12075.msg27979.html#msg27979

Also, please consider taking this survey about Narconon.
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,6542.0.html

I wish you and your family the very best!
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 20:10 »

Hi I'm sorry you went through all that.

Listen, Tranquility Detox is not a legal, licensed program. Are you sure your mother paid Tranquility Detox?  Perhaps it was Best Drug Rehabilitation? The detox license for them is at the address listed for Tranquility Detox in google maps. Do let us know. There is a new corporation registered with the state of MI by Per Wickstrom's nephew and sister in the name Tranquility Detox but it's not licensed as a program by the state.

If you fill out the following questionnaire and email it to me, I may be of some help in guiding you on getting money back. Can't guarantee it but I will try.
The info you provide is held in strictest confidence. 

Confidential Questionaire
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php?topic=456.0

In order to be able to help you file your complaints and volunteer as an advocate for you in the problem you are having with Narconon, the following information is needed. Use as much space as you need on each question:

Name, address county state, ph number of person who spoke and made the

arrangements for the person to attend Narconon:
__________________________________ _______________________________

Name, address county state, ph number and age of person who attended Narconon:

__________________________________ __________________________________ __

Name, address county state ph numbers and relationship of person who paid for

Narconon:

How much was Narconon paid?

Who took your fianancial information at Narconon:

How was it paid and when? via telephone? via internet? At the facility itself? By Fax?

Explain when and how the money was transferred to Narconon: By what type of Credit card, or via wire transfer, by check, Cash etc. Provide exact amounts paid by each card, account or money wire. NAme the cards by name ( ie : Bank of PA VISA or Master Card , Discover Card. DO NOT GIVE ME ACCT NUMBERS.

__________________________________ __________________________________ ___

Have you asked for a CHARGEBACK from your credit card company? If so, What

happened so far? Supply the name of Credit card (s) company(s) and amounts pd (to each)

Name and address of Narconon Facility or facilities, and dates of attendence.:

__________________________________ __________________________________ ______________

__________________________________ __________________________________ ______________

Was Narconon paid for another service such as medical detox or intervention?

If Yes, please note the name address and phone numbers of the other services and

list the dates of the service and amounts paid from the total fee:

__________________________________ __________________________________ __________

How did you come to find and choose this narconon? Fill in all that apply:

__ mail, radio,newspaper or advertisement

__ Internet rehab referral site : Pls give us the web link, the Name, phone number

of person you spoke to at referral site

__ Specific Narconon Internet site

__ Internet, site unknown: list keywords used in the search:

__ Through word of mouth: a person? a group?

__ a newspaper ad. Do you still have the ad? yes/no

__ other?

For any of the above, list the particulars /specifics below:

If your contact with Narconon was arranged through an internet referral site,or
from a hotline number, please list the names, email addresses and/or phone numbers
of the people you were put in contact with.

__________________________________ __________________________________ ___________ 

If your arrangement for purchasing Narconon was arranged over the phone:

Specifically: what did you ask for and what were you told you'd be getting?

What promises were made over the phone or by email by whom? Specifically Who told

you these things and how was it communicated? Include the internet referral person

promises, if applicable. Be very specific. If you need more space, continue after end of questionaire.

__________________________________ ________________________

If you used an internet referral service, were you given choices other than

Narconon? If yes, list them:

__________________________________ __________________________________ _______________

How much were you charged by Narconon for the program and fees?____________________

If it was an outpatient Narconon, who did you pay rent to and how much?

When,how and to whom did you pay this rent? ie, name, cash, credit card, check:

Was the patient seen by a medical doctor upon arrival or at another time?  Y N
State when, and the name and contact information of the doctor if possible.

__________________________________ __________________________________ _______________

Did the patient sign a release at the doctor office so you could discuss your

loved one's care? Did you talk with the doctor?

Did the staff discuss your loved one's personal problems and rehab care issues

with you or another without his or her persmission? Please explain who what and

when.

When you were on the phone with the referral service or the Narconon contact, were

you told anything about any refund policy and or Insurance reimbursement? If so,

please explain. This is VERY important:

Date you received a contract to sign?

Did you sign it?  Y / N

Did you receive a contract to sign before paying? y / n

Did you receive a contract before the person arrived at Narconon for services?
y /n

Did you receive a receipt for your payment(s) y / n

Were you offered and did did you receive any part of your refund back? y / n

Who handled this refund with you?

How much, When and how was it repaid or credited?
__________________________________ __

Were there conditions to getting the payment? ie: did you sign a gag agreement?

If Possible, please send copies of all agreements signed by student or payer so we can see what you agreed to or didn't agree to.

ON A SEPARATE PAGE:

1) Have the payer write up in sequence what happened, with all particulars of time, place person.

2) Have the patient write up what happened during his or her stay that he or she felt was wrong or weird or unethical. Be specific.try to include dates.

Include the following:

List the Narconon staff you and related family talked with, their title and what was said once the person had arrived. Please try to write in sequence and note the facility they were at if the victim went to more than one. Please provide phone numbers they provided you with.

Explain what happened (or didn't happen as promised) to the person who attended Narconon that you feel was unethical, illegal or a breach of your agreement with the facility Write down any concerns you have that are not addressed here.

It would be helpful to read any email correspondence between you and the people involved in getting your money to pay for this service. Please forward these to me.

Any documents, contracts, complaint letter you have related to your complaint. If possible, please have them scanned and emailed to me at xscilentologist at yahoo.com

Mary McConnell, volunteer advocate for victims of Narconon
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline BMF

• Potential Trouble Source
  • Do or Do Not. There is no try.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 22:26 »
Welcome to the TP patrick, hope everything works out for you.  Fill out the questionairre from mary.
"But now," says the Once-ler, "Now that you're here,
the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. Its not!"   - Dr. Seuss

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 23:17 »
Thanks, BMF.

Patrick, you can return it to me via a PM (private message) as well,  but I believe you you must post 4 more comments on the forum ( anywhere) in order to gain rights to send PM's.

I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.