Author Topic: Routine Outcome Monitoring  (Read 1507 times)

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
Routine Outcome Monitoring
« on: December 23, 2013, 09:50 »
How Narconon Routinely Monitors Outcome

Post-graduation continued guidance and counseling is a part of the Narconon Arrowhead treatment program, and can help the staff monitor program graduate outcome.  However, once a graduate leaves the Narconon facility, there is no guarantee that Narconon staff will be able to reach them.  In order to increase their chances of successfully monitoring the outcome of the majority of their program graduates, Narconon has adopted the following policies:

1. Enrollment forms include requests for all of the client’s email, address and phone information. It also requests detailed information regarding phone numbers, email addresses and addresses of the client’s family or friends who can be reached to discuss the graduate’s status if the graduate himself is unreachable.

2. Approximately one week before program graduation, the student verifies and updates all contact information for self and family or friends.

3. The individualized follow-up process for Narconon program graduates is outlined step by step on a written checklist.

By incorporating a routine outcome monitoring system, Narconon Arrowhead demonstrates a true care for the success and health of program graduates, and an interest in being able to self-correct so as to always ensure the best recovery results for every student.

"Post graduation continued guidance and counseling".  I think you have to have certified counselors to counsel people.  Guidance?  Are they guiding them to out-patient programs in their local areas?  NEVER.  Do they guide them to local AA or NA meetings?  NEVER. 

The last paragraph gets me the most though.  They have an interest in being able to self-correct.  What does that really mean?  NOTHING.  I have an interest in being able to perform brain surgery.  Does it mean I am going to do it?  Nope.

More PR.....

ET went home.

Offline source

• Merchant of Chaos
Re: Routine Outcome Monitoring
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 10:01 »
I was under the impression that the only reason they contacted graduates was so they could talk them into coming back when they relapsed.  It was explained to me that the CSW looks something like this.

Narconon costs $30,000 for 4-6 months.

A retread program costs up to $10,000 for a 3 week program, including detox. 

Retread programs have a higher profit margin than the actual program. 

Create system of getting more retread clients back to increase Gross Income.

Viola.

In other words, since Arrowhead is going broke a great way of getting more income  is to focus on the huge number of relapsers and label it as a just cause.

Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 10:06 »
Calling graduates and getting them back has been done for a long time.  They are putting this out there to try and look legit and push down the negative news articles.  Look at how many PR Web releases they have been putting out lately.  Its to "out-create" the truth that we put out.
ET went home.

Offline Witnessman

• Fly in the Ointment
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 15:18 »
The one and only thing as to which Narconon Arrowhead demonstrates any true care whatsoever is MONEY paid to them.

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
ET went home.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 16:03 »
Related to this, there has been reference to "Professional Councelors" at NN AH.

Professional certification of substance abuse counselors is administered by the Oklahoma Drug and Alcohol Professional Counselors Association (ODAPCA). You can contact this organization for requirements and application procedures: ODAPCA, 9301 S. I-35 Service Road, Moore, OK 73160, telephone 405-793-1545. You can also visit the organization's website: www.odapca.org.

Unless they've been licensed by these folks, which I doubt, they are making false statements in advertising by calling themselves "Professional Counselors". Might be useful info in the law suits.

BigBeard