Author Topic: DCH open records request pertaining to Narconon of Georgia  (Read 67813 times)

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
Re: DCH open records request pertaining to Narconon of Georgia
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2012, 23:06 »
BUT WAIT! Narconon of Georgia is all over the internet claiming to be an inpatient rehab facility

http: // www. narconon.co/narconon-centers/narconon-georgia.html Narconon International even says so! Must be true if this statement is on Narconon Internationals own website.

http: // dual-diagnosis-drug-rehab.com/Dual_Diagnosis_Treamtment_facility.cfm?state=GA&city=Norcross&ID=13023

Thanks for the screenshot of the dual diagnosis site.  One of Narconon International would be nice also.

However, I think we have quite enough images of the DCH documents now; thanks ST.   ;)  I'm going to pull some of them out because too many images make older computers lock up sometimes.  I hope you won't mind...
Doooo iiiittt!

• High Value Target
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2012, 23:23 »
WOW :o Here Narconon of Georgia even states how many RESIDENTIAL BEDS they have!

http://www.treatment-centers.net/directory/georgia/norcross/narconon-of-georgia.html

60 beds?

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2012, 23:37 »
Residential, dual diagnosis, and buprenorphine is advertised at Narconon of Georgia! Excellent documentation.

You might want to break up that link, ST.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2012, 23:39 »
Wanna bet that "Intervention America" web site NNG claims they have nothing to do with, and they can't get it changed because it's behind a proxy, is in fact actually controlled by Cof$ from behind their firewall??

BigBeard

Rieser is full of baloney
Here is where facilities can submit their listing information ( or correct it)
http://interventionamerica.org/SignUp/signup.cfm

That is an interesting question, BigBeard, and I will point you to these threads about Intervention America:
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,9939.msg22818.html#msg22818
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,6153.0.html

Additionally, I will add that Narconon of Georgia is still listed on it:
http: // interventionamerica.org/Detoxification/listing.cfm?Drug_Rehab_ID=13023
(link broken deliberately, copy, paste, and remove the spaces between http: and // and int...)

and will list what the site says:

Services Provided    Drug Rehab, Alcohol Treatment, Inpatient Drug Rehab, OutPatient, Substance Abuse Treatment, and Residential Treatment
Discription      Narconon of Georgia Detoxification drug rehab with a primary focus on .
Editor's Review    Specializing in non-profit Drug Rehabilitation/Education facility providing non traditional treatment. We utilizie the Sauna Detoxification process with produces amazing results by eliminating residual drug cravings.

Note the misspelling above.

Here is a screen shot for documentation, because obviously Mary Rieser is doing what Mary Rieser does - lying - and perhaps DCH will find this:

Edit: ST beat me to it - LOL.  Image left out.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

• High Value Target
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2012, 09:30 »
 Dear Mary Rieser,Matthew Hines,Fritz Alders,Bob Schmidt,Darrell Hall or whoever is attempting to rewrite history please understand I am well aware of these actions. You and or your agents are reading this very thread.

In less than an 10 hour period someone is altering Narconon of Georgia internet adds. The gig is up people.

http://www.treatment-centers.net/directory/georgia/norcross/narconon-of-georgia.html

Notice anything different in the 2 below posted screen grabs?

The above screen grab was taken on 5/04/2012 @ approx 9:00 A.M

The above screen grab was taken the evening of 5/03/2012 @ approx 11:00 P.M
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 10:55 by SocialTransparency »

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2012, 20:34 »
How the heck are they licensed for medical detox?
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2012, 10:40 »
How the heck are they licensed for medical detox?

The long answer:
This link may prove useful in answering your question, Mary:
Georgia Secretary of State - DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES : MENTAL HEALTH, DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES AND ADDICTIVE DISEASES : DRUG ABUSE TREATMENT AND EDUCATION PROGRAMS See "Definitions 290-4-2-.03" and "Ambulatory Detoxification Programs 290-4-2-.19"

The short answer: Lying.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 10:46 by ethercat »
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

• High Value Target
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2012, 11:45 »
 Interesting facts.

Georgia Alliance.

Discovery Course.

The Sauna.

The above three entities and its owners sole reason for existence are to service Narconon and Narconon of Georgia. Without the afore mentioned business entities Narconon of Georgia could not operate.

ALL the principles within the above cannot operate or profit from those operations without one another.

• High Value Target
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2012, 12:17 »
 Could someone aid me in comprehending the lunacy stated in the GA00110446 DCH Statement of Deficiencies by Director of Narconon of Georgia Mary Riesers response in the Plan of corrections column on page 2 and 5 regarding suggested lodging during N of G rehab treatment?

How on gods green earth can ANY form of monitoring of the Narconon student be had @ the 2 local hotels Mary Rieser suggests as alternatives to staying @ (Discovery Course, Part of Narconon of Georgia per GA00110446) ?

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2012, 12:57 »
Could someone aid me in comprehending the lunacy stated in the GA00110446 DCH Statement of Deficiencies by Director of Narconon of Georgia Mary Riesers response in the Plan of corrections column on page 2 and 5 regarding suggested lodging during N of G rehab treatment?

How on gods green earth can ANY form of monitoring of the Narconon student be had @ the 2 local hotels Mary Rieser suggests as alternatives to staying @ (Discovery Course, Part of Narconon of Georgia per GA00110446) ?

Do we have a pdf file of that document? I would prefer to review it in a one file format than having to view individual images of each page.   

In general, the column on the left is a list of the deficiencies or violations of state regulations that Narconon of Georgia has been cited. The column on the right is Narconon of Georgia's plan of correction for these deficiencies.

DCH reviews the plan of correction and may or may not accept it. If the plan of correction is accepted, DCH will do a follow-up inspection to make sure that the plan of correction is in place.

If they are cited for similar deficiencies on follow-up, fines may ensue. 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 17:58 by mefree »
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2012, 17:46 »

It cannot, unless a monitor is assigned to that person - and who would pay for that?  The client, of course.  But since they're not supposed to be offering residential treatement, they are not supposed to be providing any monitoring outside of regular rehab hours (which I think are daytime hours 5 days a week).

http://www.gardenplazanorcross.com/
Lowest priced room I found is $54.95/night.

http://www.norcross.place.hyatt.com
They had a tool to select whatever period of time you would stay, so I selected a 4-month stay, which is the minimum time the Narconon program is said to run.  The lowest price I came up with is $59.00/night or $7257.00 for the full 4 months, which requires full prepayment, and is non-refundable. 

According to the chart of expenses for the Desmond family the cost for Delgado Development was $9000 for 6 months, or $50/night.

Adding a second person (a monitor) would most likely raise the rate at the hotel, not to mention paying the monitor for their time.

We don't know what Discovery Course charges, but it is probably the less expensive of the "choices", speaking purely in dollars. 
   Narconon Reviews

Offline Sunshine

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2012, 20:09 »
Things to ponder.

2010 Form 990 http://207.153.189.83/EINS/421534941/421534941_2010_07d67c1f.PDF

PDF page 10 Part IX Statement of Functional Expenses
Item 16 - Occupancy $162,359.00

PDF page 20 Part XIV Supplemental Information
The organization holds funds for the student in the program which are used for personal necessities and other items they may require while in the program.

Offline Sunshine

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2012, 20:41 »
From http://www.narconon.org/history/2001/narconon-expansion-2001.html

NEW NARCONON GEORGIA: The international Narconon network expanded to the Atlanta, Georgia area in 2001 with the opening of a new residential rehabilitation program. The first students into the program were referred by the court system in Atlanta and by the end of the year, more than 20 students had gone through the program and two of the graduates who decided to stay and be staff had gone to the new International Training Center to get the skills to help expand the new center.

Offline SomeonesSister

• On the path to knowledge
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2012, 21:51 »
WOW!!!!!  I have missed a lot.  my sister was sent home on april 15th, the day before all of this shit went down with Mary answering the charges against NNofGa.  she said she graduated and is healed and will never do drugs again.  hooray :-D--U ...NOT true.  first problem...she was only there for 6 and a half weeks.  second problem...she only did the first book and the sauna.  third problem...it wasn't a week after she got out that she was drinking.  it could have been the first day and probably was, but i didn't see her for 5 days after she got home.  NN was her 3rd try at rehab in the last 10 years.  everytime she has gone, she came up with some excuse she had to leave early so she has never finished a program and as soon as she gets out she starts drinking within hours.  correct me if i am wrong, but if you are addicted to one mind-altering drug you should NEVER do anything that alters your mind again, EVER!!!!!  that is what i have always thought.

on another note, i still have not gotten my copy of the findings from my report of deficiencies and with my new job i never have time during the day to investigate.  i think i will send an email to barbara belcore.  she was the person who called me from DCH.

• High Value Target
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2012, 08:11 »
Things to ponder.

2010 Form 990 http://207.153.189.83/EINS/421534941/421534941_2010_07d67c1f.PDF

PDF page 10 Part IX Statement of Functional Expenses
Item 16 - Occupancy $162,359.00

PDF page 20 Part XIV Supplemental Information
The organization holds funds for the student in the program which are used for personal necessities and other items they may require while in the program.

Thank you Sunshine. The information will be put to good use.

• High Value Target
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2012, 10:08 »
 To those Scientologist currently viewing this and other pages on this website I would like to make one thing abundantly clear. It is your constitutional right to believe in whatever you want to believe in. Though I do not agree with anything remotely related to Scientology,L Ron Hubbard or any offshoots of said organization I personally respect those rights as a fellow citizen.

But when those beliefs and or organizations cross over into illegal active this is where I personally draw the line. Advancing an agenda or personal cause though admirable does not give any of us the freedom to break the law.

Offline Sunshine

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2012, 11:54 »
From above document http://207.153.189.83/EINS/421534941/421534941_2010_07d67c1f.PDF

PDF page 25 Form 4562 part III Section B- Assets placed in service during 2010 tax year
19h Residential rental Property

From http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i4562.pdf  PDF page 11
25 year property
Residential rental property is a building in which 80% or more of the total rent is from dwelling units

• High Value Target
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2012, 21:35 »
 Derail as I find this rather related in some odd fashion. It appears Matthew C Hines likes the food @ Swapna!

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2012, 22:11 »
WOW!!!!!  I have missed a lot.  my sister was sent home on april 15th, the day before all of this shit went down with Mary answering the charges against NNofGa. 

Sorry to hear about your sister's relapse.  It's not uncommon for people to relapse, even if they completed a legitimate program, but with a program like Narconon, it's not at all surprising. 

on another note, i still have not gotten my copy of the findings from my report of deficiencies and with my new job i never have time during the day to investigate.  i think i will send an email to barbara belcore.  she was the person who called me from DCH.

Congrats on the new job.  Would be interesting to see what kind of an inspection report was produced, based on your complaint.  LOL, between you and ST, Narconon of Georgia must be working overtime to cover up all their lies.

Narconon Reviews

• High Value Target
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2012, 14:35 »
 5/07/2012

REF:GA00110446

Sharon Dougherty of the Georgia DCH has confirmed reciept of the 5 supporting informationals packets  concerning Narconon of Georgia.

Thank you to everyone that helped out on this.