Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: LISA MARIE PRESLEY QUITTING SCIENTOLOGY - The National Enquirer  (Read 2180 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
EXCLUSIVE: LISA MARIE PRESLEY QUITTING SCIENTOLOGY - The National Enquirer
22 May 2012, 7:19 pm

As longtime Scientologist LISA MARIE PRESLEY amps up for her upcoming national tour, she’s cutting ties with the controversial church, say sources.

Elvis’ little girl, now 44 and a mom of four, is set to hit the road in support of her latest album, “Storm & Grace,” which insiders say contains songs critical of Scientology.

“Lisa Marie removed all mention of Scientology from her website, and the lyrics to some of her songs have caused major speculation that she’s cut off all communication with the church,” revealed a source.

On one album track, she sings about being “transgressive” and “suppressive” while asking: “Am I a disruption to your corruption?

more at http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/exclusive-lisa-marie-presley-quitting-scientology
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 21:48 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
LOL at the cross dressing photo of Travolta on the cover.  I hope it doesn't upstage the story about Lisa Marie.

“Lisa Marie removed all mention of Scientology from her website, and the lyrics to some of her songs have caused major speculation that she’s cut off all communication with the church,” revealed a source.

I guess that source just isn't completely informed.

http://www.lisamariepresley.com

From her Biography page:
"I have a new team around me, and none of the things that brought me down before," she says, adding that although she is nervous about how Storm and Grace will be received, the joy of knowing that she's connecting with an audience makes it all worth it.

"I'm compelled to do this because I'm a music lover and I feel that music is so important in the world. That's what drives me — pouring your heart and soul into something and hoping that it can change someone's life in some way. I'm looking forward to performing live and interacting with people who are there for the music and nothing else. Getting that instant reaction is the best part."

But she does still have info about CCHR on her Philanthropy page, though, and a page devoted to it with a link to cchr.org:
Citizens Commission on Human Rights

The Citizens Commission on Human Rights (CCHR) is a nonprofit mental health watchdog, responsible for helping to enact more than 150 laws protecting individuals from abusive or coercive practices. The sister organization, Fight For Kids educates parents worldwide on the facts about today's widespread practice of labeling children mentally ill and drugging them with heavy, mind-altering, psychiatric drugs.

Maybe we need to teach the "source" about Scientology Front Groups.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions