Author Topic: Best Drug Rehabilitation  (Read 629524 times)

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Re: Best Drug Rehabilitation
« Reply #160 on: January 27, 2014, 17:01 »
Source, Mary et al

Is this post recent?  What can I (we) do to help?

Apparently is it. See the link. I also PM'd you.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
New: EFF Takes on Blogger case
« Reply #161 on: January 29, 2014, 19:29 »
New: EFF takes on a blogger case, different from the other one mentioned in this thread :)

Bloggers Have Rights Too, EFF Says
By JONNY BONNER

SAN FRANCISCO (CN) - So-called "politically motivated" copyright claims over the use of a California attorney's 5-year-old head shot are bogus, a digital rights group claims in an amicus brief.
     The Electronic Frontiers Foundation asked the Federal Court to dismiss a lawsuit filed by California Republican Party Vice Chairman Harmeet Dhillon, who sued an anonymous blogger and others over use of Dhillon's campaign photo in a post on The Munger Games.
     The website - which criticizes Charles Munger Jr., Santa Clara County Republican Party of Silicon Valley chairman - was launched in 2013, and has been called "bigoted" by at least one conservative critic.
     Anonymous bloggers who run the site call Munger Jr. a "super-wealthy, bow-tied, liberal," and Dhillon "an ACLU-affiliated attorney who doubles as the vice chair of the California Republican Party."
     The photo in question was from a failed Assembly race in 2008.
     Dhillon asked for $250 in damages for copyright infringement, and subpoenaed Dreamhost in search of the unidentified blogger and nine Doe defendants.
     A post on "The Munger Games" called Dhillon's claim "silly." The headshot, as originally posted, did not appear on the site, checked Tuesday.
     San Francisco-based Electronic Frontiers Foundation said in a statement: "Use of the photo is clearly allowed under the 'fair use doctrine,' which ensures that copyrighted works can be used by others for purposes including criticism and commentary."
  Read on for more
http://www.courthousenews.com/2014/01/29/64926.htm

Copy of the court filing
http://www.courthousenews.com/2014/01/29/EFFAmicus.pdf
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #162 on: April 05, 2014, 11:17 »
This thread remains very popular, now at 114,219 views.

--O\|/O--
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #163 on: April 19, 2014, 13:23 »
And now just a couple of weeks later:  "Read 134946 times". 

Holy cow, this thread has exceeded St. Hill size!  It's on its way to becoming an Ideal Thread.  :D

Meanwhile, BDR appears to be having a massive Hill 10.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #164 on: May 23, 2014, 21:51 »
The many, many viewers of this thread might like to read this also:
Records Request Fulfilled: Michigan Attorney General releases complaints

and be sure to read the actual documents linked from the pages that are listed there.

Narconon Reviews

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #165 on: July 30, 2014, 23:00 »

(=.=)OOO
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
« Reply #166 on: July 30, 2014, 23:45 »
That's like 160k in two months.  That's not lurking that OCD. 
ET went home.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #167 on: July 31, 2014, 19:01 »
That's like 160k in two months.  That's not lurking that OCD.

:o
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #168 on: September 18, 2014, 21:03 »
BDR is now hiring dogs.  ;)

Latest Best Drug Rehabilitation Blog Post Highlights How Dogs are Helping Addicts Recover - Midland News/PR Web
http://www.ourmidland.com/prweb/latest-best-drug-rehabilitation-blog-post-highlights-how-dogs-are/article_bc9f819a-e859-538d-8939-2b1ee5514b40.html

Also, my jaw fell to the floor on the claim that BDR, "believes having family close by during a stay can make a big difference." When has this ever been the case? Rarely, based on many complaints and reports.
-Dalai Lama

Offline DeathHamster

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #169 on: September 19, 2014, 01:29 »
Also, my jaw fell to the floor on the claim that BDR, "believes having family close by during a stay can make a big difference." When has this ever been the case? Rarely, based on many complaints and reports.
Accidentally true. It makes a big difference when arranging an escape--that and calling the police.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #170 on: September 19, 2014, 23:21 »
Accidentally true. It makes a big difference when arranging an escape--that and calling the police.

True dat!

Sadly, most of the families end up on a flight from somewhere relatively far away to retrieve son/daughter/spouse or other.
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #171 on: September 24, 2014, 18:29 »
This thread viewed 437080 times.

-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #172 on: September 24, 2014, 18:43 »
 |true|confirmed|

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #173 on: February 04, 2015, 18:50 »
While searching for a Native American-based program for her husband, this person found Best Drug Rehab. She was assured that the facility was qualified to deal with gambling, drug addiction, mental issues and anger control problems.

Alarm bells started to go off when staff members demanded the password to her husband's cell phone. Later, she learned that all of his medications had been withheld, including an antidepressant, without tapering.

Convinced her husband would need to be removed from the facility, she called a cab company and made a call to the Manistee police department.  The local authorities seemed to be familiar with the situation at the center. 

Also, mentioned in this Ripoff Report are deplorable facility conditions and untrained counselors (BDR graduates).

Complete details at http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/best-drug-rehabilition-/manistee-Michigan-49660/best-drug-rehabilition-i-am-not-an-emotional-wreck-manistee-Michigan-1203269
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #174 on: February 04, 2015, 22:10 »
Thanks for this information mefree. I am glad the wife is speaking up.

More of the same Scientology based anti-psych medicine dangers:

All medication was denied to him without consideration the side effects from stopping the medication with out tapering it off. 

Per Wickstrom, being a good scientologist, placing patients in danger.

Offline georgenelson

• New Around Here
« Reply #175 on: February 10, 2015, 06:27 »
Thanks for sharing this useful information on drug addiction. Can you tell me some simple ideas to come out of drug addiction?

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #176 on: February 10, 2015, 08:31 »
Thanks for sharing this useful information on drug addiction. Can you tell me some simple ideas to come out of drug addiction?

Welcome. Your request is really not in an appropriate thread for such a disacssion but I will answer anyway.

First off, I am not sure what you mean "come out of addiction". If you mean, what are the different types of methods  to come off drugs and which are the simplest, I suggest you visit the National Institute of Drug Addiction site to obtain more specific information on treatment methods. Here are some links

DrugFacts: Treatment Approaches for Drug Addiction
http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/treatment-approaches-drug-addiction

Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research-Based Guide
http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/principles-drug-abuse-treatment-criminal-justice-populations-research-based-guide

Do visit our sister site, NarcononReviews.net for further information on how to choose a rehab and where to obtain information on licensing, complaints and such to make sure the facility is doing what it claims to do. Keep in mind that an addicted person has to want to get off drugs before anything can be done.
http://narcononreviews.net/narconon/narconon-vs-traditional-treatment-for-drug-addiction/

How to choose a rehab is most important
http://narcononreviews.net/resources/for-potential-clients/how-to-choose-a-drug-or-alcohol-rehab/

For locating a licensed  facility or program after understanding what to look for, visit this link, but beware that being listed here is not an endorsement by the government.
www.findtreatment.samhsa.gov

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #177 on: July 07, 2015, 21:20 »
Ripoff Report on BDR from June 5, 2015 and it's a doozy.

Best drug rehab They say whatever it takes to get you there battlecreek/manistee, michigan

Ok to start off with I don't even know they got my phone number but they called me. The girl I spoke to raved about the place how it's like a resort there's physical trainers massage therapists saunas hot tubs ect. They tell me they pay for transportation to and from not to worry. So I get on a plane that night with nothing but a small bag and $25. I get there at 3am and this place is a ramshackle. They have ten bunk beds to a room and I might as well have been laying on a cot for all the comfort there was. They tried to force me to take suboxone which makes me nauseas instead of subutex. Finally got the subutex. But I am on two medications for bipolar depression and insomnia. They refused to allow me either one. Without even talking to my doc they just cut them off.
much more at http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-drug-rehab-/michigan/Best-drug-rehab-They-say-whatever-it-takes-to-get-you-there-battlecreekmanistee-michiga-1233812
-Dalai Lama

Offline Alcie

• On the path to knowledge
« Reply #178 on: July 12, 2015, 09:19 »
Hi, all. And thanks to ethercat for assisting in my registration here.

There's a rumor circulating in Manistee that Best Drug Rehab is purchasing/has purchased another building in the city. I haven't been able to substantiate the rumor but thought it best to collect information should the rumor turn out to be true. Thanks to everyone for all the information posted here and on narcononreviews.net. Please keep it coming.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #179 on: July 12, 2015, 12:17 »
Welcome Alcie!  Glad you made it here.   :)
   Narconon Reviews