Author Topic: Best Drug Rehabilitation  (Read 651982 times)

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Re: Best Drug Rehabilitation
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2013, 21:34 »
I love that this thread is not even a year old and has been read over 8000 times.   I was told by a current staff member that the posters are the only ones reading this site and it wasnt that big a deal.  He he.

3((:
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2013, 21:36 »
 :-D^\^\
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Re: Best Drug Rehabilitation in South Bend, IN
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2013, 23:14 »
Interesting news!  Miss Fortune is doing an ongoing story on the South Bend property and facility.

Here is a look at her first story, which I somehow missed, April 10th:

Tranquility Detox: Alive and Well In South Bend, IN
http://glisteningquiveringunderbelly.blogspot.com/2013/04/tranquility-detox-alive-and-well-in.html

Here is some more info:

Per Wickstrom's South Bend, IN facility is:

3606 E JEFFERSON BLVD, SOUTH BEND, IN 46615  in ST Joseph County IN

Owned by Tranquility Detox Inc, a Non-Profit Foreign Corporation from MI registered in IN in Sept 2012. Tranquility Detox is registered in MI since 2011.

Per also filed the other day through an attorney an Indiana For Profit Foreign Corporation for BDR, with BDR being a 2011 NV corp ( which is in default in NV for not filing this year)

Not sure whether it will be called Tranquility Detox or Best Drug Rehabilitation or both but this PR piece from Dec 2012 and other information shows that this place says:

Best Drug Rehabilitation's New Indiana Facility to Create Dozens of Quality Long-Term Jobs

Best Drug Rehabilitation’s new Mishawaka, Indiana-based treatment facility employ new maintenance staff, cooks, operations personnel, groundskeepers, dishwashers, security guards, nurses, counselors,....

(PRWEB) December 11, 2012

Best Drug Rehabilitation, a cutting-edge residential addiction treatment center that empowers clients to create their own unique, medically-approved treatment plan from beginning to end, is providing another kind of support that is -- in many ways -- no less profound than that which it provides clients and their loved ones: support for the economically embattled Mishawaka community and labor market.

That’s because, in mid-March 2013 when Best Drug Rehabilitation finishes $700,000 worth of renovations and throws opens the doors of its new treatment facility at Mishawaka’s old Jefferson Family Pavilion, it will be creating dozens of quality, long-term jobs and generating hundreds of thousands in local economic activity.

“Next March is just around the corner, and very shortly we’ll be ramping-up our plans to aggressively hire maintenance staff, cooks, operations personnel, groundskeepers, dishwashers, security guards, nurses, counselors, doctors, communication professionals, and the list goes on,” commented Best Drug Rehabilitation’s Project Manage Mark Hergert. “We need a full contingent of staff to ensure that we offer our clients and their families the very best care, service and treatment.” [..]

[..] For additional information or media inquiries, contact Amber Howe, Executive Director BDR, [..]  Michigan-based Best Drug Rehabilitation treatment center offers residential treatment programs, and believes..... [..] Read Best Drug rehabilitation reviews and learn more at bestdrugrehabilitation.com.
http://www.prweb.com/releases/Best-Drug-Rehabilitation/Reviews/prweb10218168.htm

Tranquility is hiring in MI:
http://tinyurl.com/crrzt3r

OK, the property:

Historical Office Sale Listing - JEFFERSON FAMILY PAVILION - (SOLD)
Office For Sale ( now off the market as of 1 year ago)
JEFFERSON FAMILY PAVILION
3606 E. Jefferson Blvd., South Bend, IN 46617
[..]

Located on south side of Jefferson Blvd., just west of the intersection of Jefferson and Logan. Site is readily accessed, visible, and is centrally located between South Bend and Mishawaka.
http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/13873031/3606-E-Jefferson-Blvd-South-Bend-IN/

What I found out is that it's formerly owned by the Holy Cross Health Systems  - which sounds like info I received a while back that they were buying an old church run facility. It was purchased in April 2012 and they are already in arrears on over $50K in Property taxes!

St Joseph County IN Deed, Tax and property records for 3606 E JEFFERSON BLVD, SOUTH BEND, IN 46615

Tranquility Detox
71-09-08-428-009.000-026   18 VAC LOT SUNNYMEDE, SOUTH BEND

Tranquility Detox
71-09-08-429-001.000-026     3600 JEFFERSON, SOUTH BEND     
__________________________________ _____

Owner:     Tranquility Detox     State ID Parcel #:     71-09-08-428-009.000-026
Tax Year:     2012     Property Type:     RE       
Address:     163 North Ave
    Office Use Only:   
Legal Desc:     S 65' Of Lots 8 & 9 All Of Lots 1314 & 15 & Vac St Bet Lots 8 9 13 14&& S 1/2 Vac St N & Adj To Lot 15

Owner:     Tranquility Detox     State ID Parcel #:     71-09-08-429-001.000-026
Tax Year:     2012     Property Type:     RE       
Address:     163 North Ave
    Office Use Only:   
Legal Desc:     Tract Of Land 201' On E Jefferson Beg At The Inter Of E Right Of WayOf 36th St & The S Right Of Way Of J

Spring     Fall
Taxes:     26,764.82     26,764.82
Delinquencies:     49,044.48     0.00
Penalties:     4,904.44     0.00
Assessments:     0.00     0.00
Adjustments:     0.00     0.00
Total Charges:     80,713.74     26,764.82

Grand Total Charges:     80,713.74
Previous Payments:     0.00
    Pay This Amount:   
Include Both Spring and Fall Taxes Total Due -->           Total:      80713.74
        [info]  Site Fee (2.95%):     2381.06
Grand Total:      83094.80

St Joseph's County Deed Info

Land Records Search Document Detail

Document
1211392 CORP WARRANTY 04-20-2012 11:51 AM
Parties
ST JOSEPH REGIONAL MED CTR SO BEND CAMPUS INC GRANTOR
TRANQUILITY DETOX GRANTEE
http://216.117.11.48/DirectSearch/default.aspx
http://tnid.us/lookup/2318874590/

Recorded Date    Document Name    Last Name    First Name    Party Type    Document Type
04/20/2012    1211392    TRANQUILITY DETOX         GRANTEE    CORP WARRANTY
-------

Back in Michigan.... Miss Fortune writes about Tranquility Detox and A Forever Recovery health inspection reports!

DIRTY DINING: SOMEONE (OR SOMETHING) IS IN THE KITCHEN AT PER WICKSTROM'S 'A FOREVER RECOVERY' -- The food is terrible, and the portions are sooo small
http://glisteningquiveringunderbelly.blogspot.com/2013/04/dirty-dining-someone-or-something-is-in.html

PART DEUX: TRANQUILITY DETOX INSPECTION REPORTS

http://glisteningquiveringunderbelly.blogspot.com/2013/04/part-deux-tranquility-detox-inspection.html
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Cigul

• Met Xenu
« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2013, 13:19 »
In Indiana, applicants for licensing go through the Division of Mental Health and Addiction (DMHA), itself a division of the Family and Social Services Administration. I am currently digging around to see if I have any old contacts working for DMHA, and in the meantime the public can comment at DMHA.feedback@fssa.in.gov  As we like to say in these here parts, Per should have stayed out of my neck of the woods.
The highest good is like water.
It flows in places men reject and so is like the Tao.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2013, 21:22 »
In Indiana, applicants for licensing go through the Division of Mental Health and Addiction (DMHA), itself a division of the Family and Social Services Administration. I am currently digging around to see if I have any old contacts working for DMHA, and in the meantime the public can comment at DMHA.feedback@fssa.in.gov  As we like to say in these here parts, Per should have stayed out of my neck of the woods.

:::-O-:::  Cigul!
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2013, 21:40 »

lol! Thanks!!

Offline Miss Fortune

• Fly in the Ointment
« Reply #106 on: April 28, 2013, 11:25 »

According to an email I received April 12 from a State of Indiana Family & Social Services Department official, the department's staff has had some informal discussions with an attorney regarding what requirements must be met to obtain a license. As of April 12, neither BDR nor Tranquility Detox had actually filed an application.

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
« Reply #107 on: April 28, 2013, 12:25 »
Hi Miss Fortune.  Thanks for posting!!  If you could email that person back and kindly let them know that Per, Pam and many other staff received their counselor certifications fraudulently that would be great.  Hopefully that is a way to shut them down before they start.
ET went home.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #108 on: April 28, 2013, 13:51 »

According to an email I received April 12 from a State of Indiana Family & Social Services Department official, the department's staff has had some informal discussions with an attorney regarding what requirements must be met to obtain a license. As of April 12, neither BDR nor Tranquility Detox had actually filed an application.

Well, hello, Miss Fortune!  Welcome to the Tipping Point.   :w:e:l:c:o:m:e:

With no license having been applied for, I wonder if this place is similar to the ghostly "Medical Detox Centre" discussed in this thread: http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,12332.0.html

That is, something that may either never materialize, or something that is currently operating completely under the radar. 

Its kind of like telling the people another NN is going to open in Indiana soon.

Oh, sheesh!  Is Eric psychic, or what?   (OoO)
   Narconon Reviews

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2013, 19:05 »
Welcome, Miss Fortune. I love your blog. Keep up the good work.  ;)
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Miss Fortune

• Fly in the Ointment
« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2013, 09:48 »
Welcome, Miss Fortune. I love your blog. Keep up the good work.  ;)

Thank you! Happy to be here, and look forward to telling many more important, and often untold, stories.

Offline Miss Fortune

• Fly in the Ointment
« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2013, 09:51 »
Hi Miss Fortune.  Thanks for posting!!  If you could email that person back and kindly let them know that Per, Pam and many other staff received their counselor certifications fraudulently that would be great.  Hopefully that is a way to shut them down before they start.

Eric, I sent you an email for more info on this. Can't quite get the hang of posting yet!

Offline moonpie54

• New Around Here
« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2013, 10:51 »
I need to get my son away from there Tranquility in BC. I can't talk to him. They refuse. They required me to forward all my mail to them so they would guarantee they recived insurance payments. They are now going to transfer him to BDR.
I am afraid to even go there and get him.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2013, 11:26 »
I need to get my son away from there Tranquility in BC. I can't talk to him. They refuse. They required me to forward all my mail to them so they would guarantee they recived insurance payments. They are now going to transfer him to BDR.

Hi moonpie54,

thanks for asking for help. Try not to become upset over this.

It is standard that the student not have access to calls during withdrawal. They usually lie or omit this information on the phone, just to get the student paid up and in the program but it is standard for these Narconon programs to keep the person in seclusion.

Why would they require you to forward mail when they should already know if they received payment from insurance? They filed the claim, right? Do not send original snail mail to anyone. Did you personally get confirmation from your insurance company that they are paying for the service?

I hope you didn't pay money upfront, being told you will get reimbursed. I also hope you didn't sign a power of attorney allowing them  to receive any checks that the insurance is supposed to send directly to you.

Don't rush to get your son out unless you feel he is in danger. If the insurance company is paying in full,  and you are concerned about your son, and you did not sign a contract stating you would be responsible for the fee, then go get him. But don't expect a refund of any money you paid out.

I don't want you to give too many particulars on th forum in case they are reading here today. If you need further assistance, please email me at xscientologist at gmail.com

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2013, 12:26 »

Hi moonpie and welcome to the Tipping Point.  Mary will give you good advice in email, and I will also add to not hesitate to get the police involved if you go to get him, but don't let them know in advance that you're coming.

Why would they require you to forward mail when they should already know if they received payment from insurance? They filed the claim, right? Do not send original snail mail to anyone. Did you personally get confirmation from your insurance company that they are paying for the service?

I hope you didn't pay money upfront, being told you will get reimbursed. I also hope you didn't sign a power of attorney allowing them  to receive any checks that the insurance is supposed to send directly to you.

I've been told by some people that Narconon is requiring that they change their mailing address with their insurance company to Narconon's address.  I believe the reason for this is because when the insurance companies pay out a claim, they normally send the insured person a letter telling them how much they've paid, and what part of the claim is up to the insured to pay.  These are usually labeled "This is not a bill", at least in my experience.

This is a sneaky way of keeping people from finding out about that anything was paid by insurance, and as we've seen in the Georgia insurance fraud reports, they will make claims for more than what they charge, and in some instances, charge for services that were never even rendered.  They do this even if the person has paid, as was shown in Mary Morton's case.  There's no reason to think other Narconons aren't doing the same type of things.

moonpie54, if you did change your address with your insurance company to Narconon's address, you should change it back to your own as soon as you can.  And I also hope you didn't sign a release of payment or a power of attorney, but if you did, revoke it immediately.  Not that Narconon really needs a power of attorney to fraudulently sign someone else's check, because they don't seem to worry about committing criminal acts, but because if anything comes of this in the future, it will be good for you to be able to prove that you didn't agree to any part of this.

Please let us know the outcome of this, once things are settled down and your son is safe.   :)

Narconon Reviews

Offline moonpie54

• New Around Here
Re: Best Drug Rehab
« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2013, 14:11 »
I did not sign the Power of Attorney but they had that document  in the packet.
I am hoping my son did not. I have also switched my mail back as I
found they were never returning calls or responding. When in desperation to get help we do things in a hurry up we can get him in here tonight.
I have been extremely distressed with how this has been progressing.
I told them I did not want him transferred until I spoke
To him but still no call.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Re: Best Drug Rehab
« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2013, 15:22 »
moonpie54, I moved your reply back into the same topic you originally posted in so hopefully you can find any other replies more easily. 

When you're logged in, you can get to any replies using the link that says "Show new replies to your posts" at the top of the page, or by using this link: http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php?action=unreadreplies

You can also go to your profile: http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php?action=profile
and click the link on the left that says "Show posts" to get to your posts. 

I hope this will help you navigate the forum better.  :)  I've written more below, too.

I did not sign the Power of Attorney but they had that document  in the packet.
I am hoping my son did not. I have also switched my mail back as I
found they were never returning calls or responding. When in desperation to get help we do things in a hurry up we can get him in here tonight.
I have been extremely distressed with how this has been progressing.
I told them I did not want him transferred until I spoke
To him but still no call.

Legally speaking, if it ever came down to it, your son doesn't have the authority to sign over your power of attorney, only his own, but I hope he didn't do that either.  But if the insurance is in your name, he won't be able to sign it and have it hold up legally.

I know how it goes with the feeling of desperation, and Narconon and the "Narconon clones" play on that desperation you and other parents and families feel, and they do push people to act quickly, more quickly than is really good for them.  I do understand your feelings, though.  In fact, the desperation is theirs - they are desperate to get people signed up, committed, and paid up before they do a search on the internet and change their mind as a result.   ;)

Have you emailed and heard back from Mary McConnell yet?  She is very knowledgeable and trustworthy.  I am reluctant to give you more specific advice when she might already be working with you.

edit: completed a sentence I accidentally left incomplete.   :P
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 18:49 by ethercat »
   Narconon Reviews

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2013, 16:18 »
Moonpie, please contact me by email so I can provide you with more info and a contact that will assist you on this.

Offline moonpie54

• New Around Here
« Reply #118 on: May 11, 2013, 16:47 »
Mary I am unsure how to email you. I'm trying to navigate on the forum still.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #119 on: May 11, 2013, 16:57 »
Mary I am unsure how to email you. I'm trying to navigate on the forum still.

Just go to your own email site and send me an email at xscientologist@gmail.com

Then I will email you back with the info