Author Topic: Narconon Arrowhead fires 2 employees while death investigation continues - Mcalester News Capital  (Read 2373 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Narconon Arrowhead fires 2 employees while death investigation continues - Mcalester News Capital
27 July 2012, 8:19 pm
 By Jeanne LeFlore Staff Writer

McALESTER — The director at Narconon Arrowhead confirms two employees were fired  this week after the body of a young woman was found dead at the facility.

“To answer the question two staff was fired this week for poor job performance which were completely unrelated to the recent matter,” said Gary Smith director of Narconon Arrowhead.

On July 19th 20-year-old Stacy Dawn Murphy was found dead at the facility. A death scene investigation report from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation which was handed over to Pittsburg County Sheriff Joel Kerns and to the District 18 District Attorney’s office on Wednesday.

“We are continuing to talk to people associated to Narconon,” Kerns said on Friday.

Narconon Arrowhead, a nonprofit drug and alcohol rehabilitation center in Canadian with affiliation with the Church of Scientology.

Kerns said on Monday that the DA’s office requested the official reports on two other deaths at the facility; Hillary Holten, 21, who died in April and 32-year-old Gabriel Graves.

more at http://mcalesternews.com/local/x1923088334/Narconon-Arrowhead-fires-2-employees-while-death-investigation-continues
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 08:30 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
"Kerns said on Monday that the DA’s office requested the official reports on two other deaths at the facility; Hillary Holten, 21, who died in April and 32-year-old Gabriel Graves."

About time!

I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
 The WRONG people were fired from NarCONon Arrowhead. These two individuals, Kent McGregor and Gary Smith have been a pox on the Oklahoma landscape since the failure of NarCONon Chilocco Oklahoma.

I have to really question how a state agency can and does work with these two buffoons after what transpired at the Chilocco Oklahoma narCONon facility.

NO ONE IS REPORTING ON THE HORRORS THAT TRANSPIRED IN CHILOCCO OKLAHOMA!

How on earth the state of Oklahoma allowed NarCONon to move and set up shop in Canadian after the Chilocco travesty boggles the mind.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
“To answer the question two staff was fired this week for poor job performance which were completely unrelated to the recent matter,” said Gary Smith director of Narconon Arrowhead.

Gary Smith is following Hubbard - putting a head on a pike.  Or two heads, in this case.
When things are going wrong ..., the Hubbard-mandated "solution" is to "put a head on a pike". By making an example of someone, the rest will shut up and get busy getting the "stats" up. Driving production by fear is a very workable *short term* solution.

I have to really question how a state agency can and does work with these two buffoons after what transpired at the Chilocco Oklahoma narCONon facility.

NO ONE IS REPORTING ON THE HORRORS THAT TRANSPIRED IN CHILOCCO OKLAHOMA!

Well, let's give the people some info about Chilocco:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narconon
In the early 1990s, Narconon opened a large treatment center near Newkirk, Oklahoma, resulting in a series of critical articles in a local newspaper.[19] The Oklahoma Department of Health demanded that Narconon be licensed with the state,[20] but the Board of Mental Health refused approval, stating "No scientifically well-controlled independent, long-term outcome studies were found that directly and clearly establish the effectiveness of the Narconon program for the treatment of chemical dependency and the more credible evidence establishes Narconon's program is not effective ... The Board concludes that the program offered by Narconon-Chilocco is not medically safe."[21] Even the New York Times wrote a story detailing how the town's initial euphoria at the prospect of a drug treatment center has been replaced by distrust, frustration, and fear. Townspeople said that Narconon was not honest about its affiliation with the Church of Scientology, its financing, its medical credentials, and its plans for the project. A Narconon spokesman quoted for the story said that all the appearances of deception reported by the townspeople, such as the group that praised Narconon at a public ceremony and presented it with a check for $200,000 and turned out to itself be part of Narconon, were due to "false information being fed in there by somebody who's in favor of drug abuse ... They're either connected to selling drugs or they're using drugs."[22] Narconon's Scientologist attorney Tim Bowles filed a series of lawsuits against Oklahoma institutions and officials and eventually obtained accreditation through the Arizona-based Commission on Accreditation and Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) in 1992; Oklahoma officials then agreed to exempt Narconon from the state licensing requirement and the facility was allowed to operate.

Bolding mine.  The method in bold appears to be the tactic that works for Narconons that encounter problems with their state licensing agencies.

BTW, someone who contributes to Wikipedia needs to change the link to the Oklahoma State Board of Mental Health's report on Narconon from 1991 (Footnote 21 above).  This one works: http://www.xenu.net/archive/oca/narconon/91report.html

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions