Author Topic: Sheriff investigating after Okla. drug rehab death - WSOC Charlotte  (Read 1559 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Sheriff investigating after Okla. drug rehab death - WSOC Charlotte
25 July 2012, 1:54 pm

OKLAHOMA CITY —

After three deaths in nine months at an eastern Oklahoma drug rehab center with ties to the Church of Scientology, the local sheriff confirmed Wednesday that he has launched an investigation.

Pittsburg County Sheriff Joel Kerns said his office is looking into three deaths at Narconon Arrowhead. The most recent occurred Thursday, when the center's staff found 20-year-old Stacy Dawn Murphy dead in her room.

"She was found with no apparent abrasions or anything of that sort," Kerns said. "No apparent medical conditions."

Kerns said Murphy had recently returned to the center in the small lake-side town of Canadian, about 130 miles east of Oklahoma City, after a visit to her home in Owasso. Kerns said staff at the facility reported she tested positive for drugs after returning, and that investigators are exploring whether she may have overdosed.

Murphy's autopsy report has not been completed, pending toxicology reports, said Oklahoma medical examiner's office spokeswoman Amy Elliott. The death was first reported by the McAlester News-Capital.

The Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Human Services, which licenses certain treatment facilities, also is investigating. The Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation gave its report on Murphy's death to the sheriff on Wednesday.

more at http://www.wsoctv.com/news/ap/religion/third-death-at-okla-drug-rehab-prompts-probe/nP3r4/
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 08:25 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
Interesting the article is under the "News/Religion" heading. The Toledo Blade has apparently come to the conclusion 'narCONon = $cientology".
BigBeard