Author Topic: State rehab facility under investigation for negligence - Tulsa World  (Read 4779 times)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
State rehab facility under investigation for negligence - Tulsa World
29 July 2012, 3:10 am
By JARREL WADE World Staff Writer
Published: 7/29/2012  2:04 AM
Last Modified: 7/29/2012  7:19 AM

Alive, but only just, Heather Landmeier blinks to communicate from a vegetative state.

She has almost no control of her body below her neck and will be fed through a tube for the rest of her life.

Landmeier, 27, overdosed on heroin and Oxycontin at a Tulsa hotel in March 2008. A day earlier, she was dismissed from Narconon Arrowhead, a state-licensed non-medical drug detoxification facility in Pittsburg County, records show.

Landmeier's family alleges in court documents that her dismissal was related to drugs and alcohol provided to her by Narconon staff.

"Heather believed Narconon would be the start on her road to recovery," said Landmeier's younger sister, Hilary Landmeier. "Our family believed that as well. We put our trust in them. They truly made us believe that."

Landmeier's case is part of a controversy that surrounds Narconon, a southeast Oklahoma center that uses practices commonly associated with Scientology and the teachings of L. Ron Hubbard.

Since October, there have been three confirmed deaths related to the facility. Since 2005, there have been four other deaths - three of which were on the premises, according to state records.

The most recent death was Stacy Murphy, a 20-year-old from Owasso, on July 19. In the days after she died, at least two state agencies and Pittsburg County authorities have been investigating the facility.

The center faces claims of violating state mental health facility statutes and consumer protection law, authorities said.

more at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20120729_11_A1_CUTLIN533677
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
I was not aware of some of these names. 

Deaths connected to Narconon in Oklahoma

July 19: Stacy Murphy, 20, from Owasso.

April 11: Hillary Holten, 21, from Carrolton, Texas.

Oct. 26, 2011: Gabriel Graves, 32, from Claremore.

March 2009: Kaysie Dianne Werninck, 28.

January 2009: Jean Lafitte, 52.

April 2007: Fred Oesterreicher, 53.

February 2005: Sharon Charlene Nederlander, 44.

Source: Reports by state medical examiner and local law enforcement.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
I was not aware of some of these names. 

Deaths connected to Narconon in Oklahoma

July 19: Stacy Murphy, 20, from Owasso.

April 11: Hillary Holten, 21, from Carrolton, Texas.

Oct. 26, 2011: Gabriel Graves, 32, from Claremore.

March 2009: Kaysie Dianne Werninck, 28.

January 2009: Jean Lafitte, 52.

April 2007: Fred Oesterreicher, 53.

February 2005: Sharon Charlene Nederlander, 44.

Source: Reports by state medical examiner and local law enforcement.

We've posted about Jean here. He was a staff member there. Jean Lefitte died at his home. Committed suicide. Was found by Derry Halmark, Narconon Arrowhead staff member. Perhaps his 'hoime' was on the property of Narconon Arrowhead?
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,4287.msg24481.html#msg24481

http://www.lakeeufaulanews.com/obituaries.htm

I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
FREDERICK "FRED" OESTERREICHER Obit. No mention of Narconon.
Thursday, April 5, 2007

ABQjournal: Obituaries 
FREDERICK "FRED" OESTERREICHER, 53, of Canadian, Okla., died suddenly Monday, April 2. He belonged to a youth group, Frenches Boys Choir, in Albuquerque and was involved in the drum and bugle corps in high school. He was a member of a concert choir and enjoyed singing throughout his life. As a young man, he was very active with the YMCA and was on the swimming team. He proceeded to go on to TVI to pursue his education in home construction. He was a very good mechanic. For the last 12 years, he was a resident in Oklahoma. He was preceded in death by his father, Clarence Frederick Oesterreicher. He is survived by his mother, Isabel Elizondo Oesterreicher; sister, Louise Oesterreicher, both of Española; former wife, Dena B. Oesterreicher of Tulsa, Okla.; and many other relatives and friends. A public visitation will begin at 9 a.m. today, April 5, in the Sangre de Cristo Chapel of DeVargas Funeral Home. A funeral service will be celebrated at 10 a.m. with burial to follow at 11 a.m. at Loma Vista Cemetery in Alcalde. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Rock Christian Ministry at 920 Riverside Drive in Española. DeVargas Funeral Home of the Española Valley. Call 747-7477.
http://www.abqjournal.com/north/obits/552200northobits04-05-07.htm

Fred Oesterreicher’s personal cult web site
http://www.our-home.org/fredoesterreicher/

He was once married to Dena Bowman aka Dena G Goad of NN Arrowhead.

Dena G Goad was born in 1960. Dena currently lives in Bixby, Oklahoma. Before that, Dena lived in Tulsa, OK from 1997 to 2011. Before that, Dena lived in Battle Creek, MI from 2010 to 2011.

Dena G Goad is related to James Boman, Dena G Goad is also related to Frederick Oesterreicher, who is 59 years old and lives in Canadian, OK. Dena G Goad is also related to Robert Goad, who is 50 years old and lives in Muskogee, OK. Dena G Goad is also related to Jack Ellison, who is 54 years old and lives in Claremore, OK. Dena G Goad is also related to Bob Brown, who is 75 years old and lives in Claremore, OK.
http://www.mylife.com/c-232906384

I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
State rehab facility under investigation for negligence - Tulsa World
29 July 2012, 3:10 am
By JARREL WADE World Staff Writer
Published: 7/29/2012  2:04 AM
Last Modified: 7/29/2012  7:19 AM

Alive, but only just, Heather Landmeier blinks to communicate from a vegetative state.

She has almost no control of her body below her neck and will be fed through a tube for the rest of her life.

Landmeier, 27, overdosed on heroin and Oxycontin at a Tulsa hotel in March 2008. A day earlier, she was dismissed from Narconon Arrowhead, a state-licensed non-medical drug detoxification facility in Pittsburg County, records show.

Landmeier's family alleges in court documents that her dismissal was related to drugs and alcohol provided to her by Narconon staff.

"Heather believed Narconon would be the start on her road to recovery," said Landmeier's younger sister, Hilary Landmeier. "Our family believed that as well. We put our trust in them. They truly made us believe that."

Landmeier's case is part of a controversy that surrounds Narconon, a southeast Oklahoma center that uses practices commonly associated with Scientology and the teachings of L. Ron Hubbard.

Since October, there have been three confirmed deaths related to the facility. Since 2005, there have been four other deaths - three of which were on the premises, according to state records.

The most recent death was Stacy Murphy, a 20-year-old from Owasso, on July 19. In the days after she died, at least two state agencies and Pittsburg County authorities have been investigating the facility.

The center faces claims of violating state mental health facility statutes and consumer protection law, authorities said.

more at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20120729_11_A1_CUTLIN533677

Thank you to Hilary Landmeier and family for sharing what happened to Heather.

Readers can follow the case here
http://www1.odcr.com/detail?court=061-&casekey=061-CJ++1000057
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 12:25 by Mary_McConnell »