Author Topic: Former Narconon Patient Talks About Treatment Practices - News On 6  (Read 2350 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Former Narconon Patient Talks About Treatment Practices - News On 6
26 July 2012, 7:03 pm
By Dana Hertneky, News 9

OKLAHOMA CITY -

As the investigation into a Scientology-run drug treatment center continues more people who attended the center are coming forward.

Three people have died at the facility in the past nine months, the most recent last week.

The OSBI has now turned the results of its investigation into the recent death over to the District attorney in Pittsburg County. This, as News 9 is learning more about exactly what happens inside the facility.

"It was a way to get you kind of weak and vulnerable and trust whatever they're telling you," said a former patient who asked not to be identified.

She checked into the Narconon drug rehab facility about a year ago and was there at the same time as Gabriel Graves, who died in October after she left. The medical examiner could not determine a cause of his death.

"He was very excited about getting home to his family. When I heard that he died it shocked me," said the woman.

more including video at http://www.newson6.com/story/19125120/former-narconon-patient-talks-about-treatment-practices
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 13:17 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline Travis

• New Around Here
Why do insurance companies cover Narconon?
Travis

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology

Many don't, Travis. Narconon has been woking on getting coverage for years. They tend to lie about the program componients ( ie: 'group therapy" being nonexistent. 1:1 therapy is the twinning of patients on training drill from the books. ) Most often Narconon intake sales people will lie about accepting Insurance and then the insurance declines or only pays for the bed rate ( maybe up to $5,000 . This is from my experience with the victims but I have not been researching this lately so there could be more to what's going on.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target

I think the changing types of insurance (HMO, PPO, health savings fund, etc.) may play a role here.  I would hope that NO insurance companies would have Narconon within their "network providers", but they may cover them under the "choose your own provider" types of plans.  Surely, though, there's a provision for them denying out-of-network claims from complete quacks and/or faith healers.

I've seen a lot of Narconon sites lately that include insurance company logos on the site.  I wonder about the legality of them using the logos.  Even if the insurance might cover "treatment" at Narconon, companies usually have strict regulations on the use of their logos.  People might take the presence of the logos as an endorsement...
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
Have the insurance companies involved been notified about there logos being used this way? I know State Farm and Allstate are pretty strict about who uses their marks, even among people who sell insurance.
BigBeard

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Blue Cross does not pay for Narconon. Have had several complaints about NN lying and saying they do when they don't. The website promotions are mostly false as I see it. I suggest people check with their insurer FIRST before believing what any Narconon shil tells you over the phone.

In the near future insurances may accept Narconon but this would be only due their strategic efforts to get accepted for when the new federal health care law and state agreements and regs are implemented in 2014 . Kinda scarey.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
 Has anyone contacted this or any news agency and informed them that not only does Narconon Arrowhead do harm to some that use its services in the state of Oklahoma , But there is also very serious issues with some that were trained @ this facility and now run like facilities in other states?

Case in point being Narconon of Georgia,s director Mary Rieser whom as we now know was trained @ the now closed Chilocco Oklahoma facility. This is a national issue. Not just local.

R.I.C.O
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 23:11 by SocialTransparency »

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
I believe that the state local media in Oklahoma are aware of this and have mentioned the training facility before.

I will remember to forward the info on Mary Rieser to those reporters when we know whats up on the sanctions and RICO complaint responses. Nice to have the judge's stamp on Rieser.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Have the insurance companies involved been notified about there logos being used this way? I know State Farm and Allstate are pretty strict about who uses their marks, even among people who sell insurance.

I don't know, but even if so, it wouldn't hurt for them to hear from multiple people.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions