Author Topic: In the Arms of Angels: Emmett Gilliam  (Read 3065 times)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
In the Arms of Angels: Emmett Gilliam
« on: October 21, 2012, 10:41 »
I apologize for the delay in posting this, and I do so with great sadness. Emmett Gilliam, husband to Shirley Gilliam (Gabesmom), passed away unexpectedly last week. I’d only just met Emmett, who immediately struck me as a kind and giving soul. He seemed to have a warm smile for everyone he met. I know he will be missed by many.

Emmett Newton Gilliam
Emmett Newton Gilliam was born on July 7, 1948, in Greenville, Mississippi, to Everett Berkley and Bessie Floree (Carnes) Gilliam, Sr. He left us unexpectedly to join his Father in Heaven on October 16, 2012, at the age of 64 years, and will be missed deeply. As a young child, he moved to Tulsa, Oklahoma. Emmett graduated with the Nathan Hale Class of 1966 in Tulsa, and also attended the Oklahoma Military Academy. He then moved to and worked in Nashville, Tennessee, for many years. His line of work in the music industry brought him back to Oklahoma. He worked in the music industry most of his adult life, which gave him the opportunity for travel and adventure. His career began with Asleep at the Wheel in the 70’s. He worked with Waylon Jennings, Mel McDaniel, Trisha Yearwood, Reba McEntire, and many other artists. In 1992, he went to work for Garth Brooks and served him faithfully in many capacities. He was the most devoted son a mother could ask for, and he took care of and loved all his family members. Emmett was a perfect husband in every way and never hesitated sacrificing for others. He earned the love, respect, and trust of all who knew him. Loving family members surviving include: his wife: Shirley Anne....
.....Graveside services will be at 11:00 a.m., on Tuesday, October 23, 2012, at Kingfisher Cemetery, Kingfisher, Oklahoma. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made in memory of Emmett to The Rogers County Youth Services, ATTN: Deb Harris, 2680 North Highway 88, Claremore, OK 74017. Arrangements and services were entrusted to Mowery Funeral Service in Owasso. www.moweryfs.com This obituary was published in the Tulsa World on 10/20/2012.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/ourlives/article.aspx?subjectid=426&articleid=20121020_Ob_obsl_8803110

A lovely video with contributions from Shirley Gilliam, Bert Leahy, David Love and others is posted below :
October 19, 2012 - Emmett Newton Gilliam - Wednesday, July 07, 1948 ---- Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - He left us unexpectedly to join his Father in Heaven on October 16, 2012, at the age of 64 years, and will be missed deeply. In 1992, he went to work for Garth Brooks and served him faithfully in many capacities. His wife: Shirley Anne - "Emmett was a perfect husband in every way and never hesitated sacrificing for others. He earned the love, respect, and trust of all who knew him." - - "Emmett - - my dear Friend - David Love" -
http://youtu.be/e3P7CLX-mk0

Rest in Peace, Emmett and much love to Shirley Gilliam and family.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Re: In the Arms of Angels: Emmett Gilliam
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 17:16 »
Emmett was a wonderful person. His death was so sudden. Shirley is devastated. Please keep them all in your thoughts and prayers.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 22:17 »
My sincere condolences and best wishes to Shirley (our member, Gabesmom).

*S*(*oo

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 20:53 »
Bert Leahy ( Facebook) wrote:

"Yesterday I had the honor and privilege capture on video Emmett's friends and family celebrating his life. Please pray for Shirley and all who loved Emmett. He was well known in the country music industry and Garth Brooks took time out of his tour to do the eulogy and bring many of Emmett's friends from Nashville. — with Colin Henderson and Shirley Bettis-Gilliam."

I spoke with Shirley yesterday. I just love this woman. It hurts that she is hurting so, that the family members are hurting so.

She is so grateful for the 'army' that arrived after I contacted her last year :) Expect her lawsuit against Narconon to be filed very soon.

It's not fair that the state ME still hasn't been able to get the cause and manner of Gabe's death determined. Same with Hillary Holten's autopsy.  The incompetence is astounding. It will 1 year this October 26th!

Now this with the love of her life, Emmett.   

Lets all continue to keep Shirley and the family in our thoughts and prayers.

~ Mary

« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 23:17 by Mary_McConnell »
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 22:48 »
Keeping Shirley and her family in my thoughts. :'(
She has endured so much and is such a remarkable presence.