Author Topic: [Yahoo] Narconon Arrowhead gives presentation at local school  (Read 2054 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Narconon Arrowhead gives presentation at local school
23 October 2012, 6:59 pm

Narconon Arrowhead representatives gave a Red Ribbon Week presentation to students Canadian High School on Monday and are hoping to give a presentation at the McAlester Boys and Girls Club this week, according John Bitinas, public relations spokesman for Narconon Arrowhead.

http://mcalesternews.com/local/x253548612/Narconon-Arrowhead-gives-presentation-at-local-school
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 23:23 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Re: [Yahoo] Narconon Arrowhead gives presentation at local school
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 23:24 »
How do they manage this after all of the recent deaths and media attention?
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 04:29 »

“One of the points of focus was combating the widely spread misinformation about the ‘positive’ uses of drugs, stating that all drugs are basically poison to a person’s body,” the release states.

I am crying.

The presentation has not yet been given to the elementary school students, according to Canadian Elementary Principal, Christy Lackey.
“I don’t have anything set up with them, yet.” Lackey said.

The school deleted their own website. They need a good talken to. Can't find Budd's e-mail address.

Principal [Budd] Rattan said he has worked with Narconon for several years. He said several of his students have parents who work at the Narconon facility.

Children of Narconon - the heart stopping horror flick for Halloween.

OO_OO

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 10:31 »
narCONon = $cientology

Maybe the ACLU needs to have a word with these folks about bringing religion in to the schools.

From the 1993 Closing Agreement:

C. An entity is a "Scientology-related entity" if that entity is described in one or more of the paragraphs set forth below:

An entity is a Scientology-related entity if it is a signatory to this Agreement or is identified in section III., paragraphs B. or C. or section IV., paragraph D.2. of this Agreement or Exhibits III-1 through III-35 of this Agreement.

An entity is a Scientology-related entity if it delivers religious services to parishioners in a manner prescribed by the works of L. Ron Hubbard and as authorized (directly or indirectly) by Religious Technology Center, Church of Scientology International or other entity described in another paragraph as a Scientology-related entity.

Thus, for example,  all Class V churches, Continental organizations, CSFSSO, CSFSO, CSWUS, Saint Hill or other advanced organizations and missions are Scientology-related entities.

The publications organizations discussed at page 1-21 through 1-27 of the letter to John Burke, Monique Yingling dated June 29, 1992, (the "June Submission") and part of the Qualified Written Material are Scientology-related entities.

Thus, for example, Bridge Publications, Inc., and New Era Publications International ApS, as well as their related subsidiaries or affiliates, are Scientology-related entities. Pages 1-21 through 1-27 are attached as Exhibit VIII-1 to this Agreement.

The social benefit and other public benefit entities discussed at pages 1-28 through 1-42 of the June submission along with all subsidiaries, subordinate chapters, subordinate organizations, or sublicensees thereof (e.g., organizations that are permitted to use particular names, copyrights, service marks, and/or technologies) are Scientology-related entities.

Thus, for example,
 Citizens Commission on Human Rights,
 National Commission on Law Enforcement and Social Justice,
 Scientology Defense Fund Trust,
 Association for the Better Living and Education,
 Applied Scholastics Incorporated,
 Narconon International,
 The Way to Happiness Foundation,
 and the Foundation for Religious Freedom are Scientology-related entities.
 Pages 1-28 through 1-42 are attached as Exhibit VIII-2 to this Agreement.

Any entities subject to the ecclesiastical direction or general guidance of Church of Scientology International or Religious Technology Center, directly or indirectly, including but not limited to any trusts, that hold assets (including but not limited to intellectual property and mortgages) for any other Scientology-related entity or for the advancement or protection of the Scientology religion whether or not those entities were discussed at pages 1-43 through 1-56 of the June submission are Scientology-related entities.
BigBeard

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 11:33 »
Arrowhead has worked hard to keep its ties with the Canadian school there.  The town of Canadian doesn't have a single stop light (or didn't last time I saw it), only stop signs.  Arrowhead is using them for PR gain at the moment, and probably dropped subtle hints about removing the children of staff who attend there (thus removing money from their budget) to go to a different school, such as Crowder.  I'm sure Arrowhead has also made other contributions, such as school fundraisers, etc.  Arrowhead likes to flex its (atrophying) economic muscle around the state, such it is largely a depressed economy.  There were goals to start spreading money around to all kinds of groups before the move from Chilocco to Arrowhead even took place, including giving money to various schools and sponsoring events, joining all kinds of community groups, donating to senior centers, you name it.

I will be writing an article about Narconon drug education as soon as I can get my wits around the whole thing, and how the subtle (and not-so-subtle) indoctrination occurs.  Most of the guys who go out and give these talks aren't even aware of what they're doing - they really believe they are only helping and don't have the bigger picture.  Many of the staff members at Narconon centers who become Scientologists have very little knowledge of the church itself and are shielded from most of the church operations and of course its history and goals.  They actually buy into their own internal PR lines. 

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 11:39 »
Rather than copying the whole thing from WWP, I'll just say you may find these useful:

https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/narconon-arrowhead-gives-presentations-in-oklahoma-schools-again.105985/#post-2208416

https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/narconon-arrowhead-gives-presentations-in-oklahoma-schools-again.105985/#post-2208417

It was my response to one of the SFGate articles when the NN in California schools issue broke back when.

BigBeard

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 14:29 »
narCONon = $cientology

Maybe the ACLU needs to have a word with these folks about bringing religion in to the schools.

The below posted Canadian High School link does not work. (The web site at this URL has been intentionally deleted by the owner.)

http://www.canadian.k12.ok.us/

The schools direct telephone #

Canadian High School Principal Bud Rattan

1 Belt Ave Canadian, OK 74425‎

(918) 339-2705

I personally would contact the county school board.