Author Topic: Gilliam V. Narconon Arrowhead  (Read 2723 times)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Gilliam V. Narconon Arrowhead
« on: October 24, 2012, 20:40 »
Third lawsuit filed against Narconon - Tulsa World
By JARREL WADE World Staff Writer
Published: 10/24/2012  2:26 PM

The family of a Claremore man who died while in drug rehab at Narconon Arrowhead filed a lawsuit Wednesday alleging negligence and wrongful death.

The family of Gabriel Graves, a 32-year-old father of two who died in October 2011, is the third to sue the facility, which is located on Lake Eufaula northeast of McAlester.

Three recent deaths have led to an ongoing, multiagency investigation into the drug rehab facility.

Hillary Holten, 21, of Carrollton, Texas, died April 11 at the facility, record show. Stacy Murphy, 20, of Owasso died July 19.

The lawsuit’s plaintiff is Graves’ mother, Shirley Gilliam, who alleges Narconon, its parent and related companies and Narconon Medical Director Gerald D. Wootan were negligent in their care of her son.

According to the lawsuit, Graves entered the program on Aug. 27, 2011, and repeatedly experienced symptoms of feeling ill, headaches and vomiting.

more at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=14&articleid=20121024_14_0_Thefam638694

Lawsuit linked in article and here: http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/content/items/PetitionGilliamagainstNarcononfiled.pdf
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Re: Gilliam V. Narconon Arrowhead
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 21:02 »
Narconon faces 3rd wrongful death suit
24 October 2012, 6:14 pm

PITTSBURG, Okla. - Yet another lawsuit has been filed against a Scientology-linked Oklahoma rehabilitation center in the wake of recent deaths at the facility.

Shirley Gilliam, whose son died in Narconon of Oklahoma care last October, filed the third suit against the organization in three months. Stacy Murphy's family sued earlier this month; Hillary Holten's parents sued in August.

more at http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/scientology-linked-narconon-of-oklahoma-facing-further-litigation-amid-recent-rehab-deaths
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 21:09 »
McAlester Drug Rehab Center Narconon Targeted In 3rd Wrongful Death Suit
24 October 2012, 2:52 pm
By Brandi Ball, NewsOn6.com

McALESTER, Oklahoma -

Another civil lawsuit has been filed against a Scientology-based northeastern Oklahoma drug and alcohol rehabilitation center, court documents state.

It is the third such lawsuit filed against the facility this year.

The mother of a Claremore man, who died in 2011 while a patient at Narconon Arrowhead near McAlester, filed the latest petition on Thursday in Pittsburg County District Court. The filing comes almost one year to the day that Gabriel Graves, 32, was found dead in his bed.

Graves left behind two minor children. He was treated at the facility for two months before his death, court documents state.

more at http://www.newson6.com/story/19904562/mcalester-drug-rehab-facility-narconon-is-target-of-third-lawsuit-this-year

One more: http://mcalesternews.com/local/x688452240/A-wrongful-death-lawsuit-this-month-filed-against-Narconon-Arrowhead
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 21:32 by mefree »
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 22:35 »
Some highlights from an interniew with Shirley Gilliam, Gabriel Graves Mother.

Claremore Mother Talks About Lawsuit Against Narconon Rehab Facility
Posted: Oct 24, 2012 10:12 PM EDT
Updated: Oct 24, 2012 10:12 PM EDT
Tess Maune, News On 6 

[..] His mom, Shirley Gilliam found the facility online the night before Gabe enrolled.

She says she didn't have time to shop around; her son needed help and he needed it fast. [..]

[..] Gabe wasn't two months into the program when he started feeling sick and complaining about a severe headache.

"The five-hour saunas were too much. He would regurgitate, severe diarrhea, he lost weight while he was there," Gilliam said.

Gabe told his mom his request for pain medication was denied and that he couldn't get in to see the doctor, even though attorney Gary Richardson says the family was told a physician would be on staff 24/7.

"There's no doctor there, taking care of medical needs, like they're leading people to believe there is," Richardson said.

But, Gilliam said her son reassured her he'd be okay.

The next day Gabe was found dead, face down in his bed.

"It's amazing. I just began screaming and screaming, ‘Not Gabriel,'" Gilliam said.

Not knowing what else to do, Gilliam said she went to Narconon leaders, hoping for answers.

"I said, ‘What happened?' ‘Well, we just don't know where he got them.' ‘Got what?' ‘The drugs,'" Gilliam said, recalling her conversation. "I said, ‘Are you telling me he overdosed?'" And he says, ‘We just don't know what happened, where he got them.'"

The medical examiner couldn't determine why Gabe died, but did rule out an overdose.

Gabe was the first of three deaths at Narconon in a nine-month span. [..]

http://www.newson6.com/story/19908863/green-country-mother-talks-about-her-lawsuit-against-narconon-rehab-facility
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 01:39 »
"I said, ‘What happened?' ‘Well, we just don't know where he got them.' ‘Got what?' ‘The drugs,'" Gilliam said, recalling her conversation. "I said, ‘Are you telling me he overdosed?'" And he says, ‘We just don't know what happened, where he got them.'"

The medical examiner couldn't determine why Gabe died, but did rule out an overdose.

So, before any medical examination has been done, NN AH is claiming Gabe OD'd and they don't know where he got the drugs. But after the autopsy, the M.E. rules out an overdose as the cause of death.

Sure smells a lot like a big time case of "it wasn't anything we did" CYA going on at NN AH to me.

BigBeard

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 06:59 »
I remember her first post on here:

My son passed away at a Narconon facility on October 26th, 2011...I am learning that I was not told the truth about that day

So sad...
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 15:01 »
Justice for Gabe!
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.