Author Topic: [Yahoo] Uganda Humanitarian Adopts Scientology Program (PitchEngine)  (Read 1792 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Uganda Humanitarian Adopts Scientology Program (PitchEngine)
8 October 2009, 7:30 pm

Learning that Scientology techniques help people cope with disaster and overcome trauma, a humanitarian from Kampala, Uganda, trained as a Scientology Volunteer Minister to help the people of his nation.

10.08.2009 – The Scientology Volunteer Ministers of Uganda are led by Mr. Pedaiah Paul M. Teba, who adopted the program two years ago to help him accomplish his humanitarian mission for the people of his country.

When Mr. Teba heard about the Scientology Volunteer Ministers in 2007, he was convinced the program would benefit his people. Some 30 years of insurgency in Uganda had killed thousands of innocent people in a crisis described by former UN Under Secretary General for Humanitarian Affairs Jan Egeland in 2004 as the world’s “largest neglected humanitarian emergency.” This, and the AIDS pandemic, has left countless children orphaned.

Mr. Teba, founder and international director of the World Light Caring Mission of Uganda (WOLICAMI), saw in the Volunteer Ministers program a way to provide for the moral, spiritual and physical needs of his people.

He traveled to the Church of Scientology Mission of Nairobi in Kenya to study technology developed by L. Ron Hubbard for the training of Scientology Volunteer Ministers. He and eight of his WOLICAMI staff are now Volunteer Ministers and use their skills to accomplish their mission.

Mr. Teba’s group is helping more than 200 abandoned, orphaned and needy children with Mr. Hubbard’s technology. They are also working with Public Service Ministry staff to help prisoners develop renewed honesty and integrity. And they are using their Volunteer Minister conflict resolution training to bring lasting peace to war-affected areas of the country.

Mr. Teba’s team was also part of the relief effort when flooding in Eastern Uganda in December 2007 displaced 200,000 families. They helped 4,000 people in shelters and camps with Scientology Assists—simple procedures developed by Mr. Hubbard to relieve the emotional and spiritual effects of trauma from injury, stress or shock.

“As a community development worker for many years, I have adopted the Volunteer Ministers program with all my heart,” said Mr. Teba. “I found it to help in the community at all levels, with answers to the problems people face in day-to-day life."
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 22:23 by ethercat »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
A letter to Mr. Teba might yield some interesting results.

Reminds me of the incident described on this page: http://www.cosvm.org/africa2.htm about the scientologists teaching 1.5, no, wait, it was 2, oh, no, it was more than 2 million, children in South Africa to read.  The letter written in this one resulted in a nice return letter:

South African Embassy
Canberra [Australia]

ac 8/74 7 April 1992

MR Tony McClelland
[Private address withheld]

Dear MR McClelland,

Church of Scientology

Your fax ref. tm0506 dated 5 June 1991 regarding possible Church of Scientology school education in South Africa.

The matter has been taken up with the Department of Education and Culture as well as the Department of Education and Training who are responsible for school education in South Africa.

Both denied any knowledge of the Church's involvement in formal education in South Africa.

According to the Department of Education and Training, the Church of Scientology tried to use a front organization in 1989, the so called "Education Alive" but was not allowed to get involved in the Department's schools.

I am afraid their claim of teaching 1.5 million children in South Africa to read is just another fabrication.

Yours sincerely

Johan Klopper
Second Secretary
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
That has to be the most complete definition of Scientology ever: "Just another fabrication."

What a shame the harm they do is not just 'mocked up`.

'til next time:
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis