Author Topic: Narconon Holiday Campaigns  (Read 1548 times)

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
Narconon Holiday Campaigns
« on: December 14, 2012, 09:40 »
Each year Narconon centers try and come up with "Holiday Campaigns" so their stats don't completely crash around Christmas, meaning so they don't lose money.

I used to be a part of planning these.  They offer discounts, push buttons saying suicide rates are higher for the holidays and that addicts are better off in rehab than with families during Christmas.  Regardless of any thread of truth that families should get help for their loved ones, these Narconon holiday campaigns are primarily efforts to prey on emotions and make money.

Here is a quote from a press release Narconon of Georgia sent out this week:
"“Have you started your holiday gift list yet? If there is a drug abuser in your life, put rehab on the list.”

The full release is here:
Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/972244

If the intention was purely to help, then it would be about providing information on how to help and recommend many avenues, not "hard-sell" families with discounts, pressure and fear of overdoses or suicides to get them in during the holidays.  Instead, it is unacceptable for Narconon centers to not make money, so they will try every tactic possible.  It's a business approach/scam, nothing else.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Re: Narconon Holiday Campaigns
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 09:43 »
Stats stats stats....... their aim is always about stats.
Thanks for posting this.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 11:06 »
Here is another one - an email being sent out by Narconon Fresh Start about their HOLIDAY BUY NOW SPECIAL (literally what is says):

"For the month of December the Narconon Fresh Start program cost is $31,000 if paid in full.

Let’s give those families in need of peace this holiday season a fresh start and call your favorite Narconon Fresh Start Reg."

They must have upped their price to $35K or something, to have the paid in full discount be $31K.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 10:48 »
Let’s give those families in need of peace this holiday season a fresh start and call your favorite Narconon Fresh Start Reg."

How poorly written.  Who is this email being sent to?  Most people do not know what "reg" means.  And how could anyone in the non-scientology public have a favorite one?  The sentence itself is weird too - it needs a period instead of the word "and". 

Oops, I guess I should not be giving them tips on making their copy better.   :-X
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 11:00 »
The peculiar use of "and" is popular with the NLP crowd. Whole 'nother topic, but related to debunked self-improvement movements that sprang from The Forum which sprang from Dianetics.  These groups also attempt to use covert crowd hypnosis techniques to get rich from members addicted to the highs induced by their brand of mind control.

NLP = Neural Linguistic Programming.

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 12:07 »

How poorly written.  Who is this email being sent to? 

It was sent to Field Staff Members (FSMs).  Just like Narconon Arrowhead and Narconon International have failed to remove my name from articles posted on their sites, Narconon Fresh Start and others have failed to remove all of my email addresses from their internal promotions.

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 16:25 »
Shush CH. No one needs to know that ...   (:E)