Author Topic: Scientology in 2012: John Sweeney, Paulette Cooper, and More Look Back on a Year  (Read 1979 times)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Mary McConnell is quoted at the Underground Bunker and RFTTP gets a plug!

Scientology in 2012: John Sweeney, Paulette Cooper, and More Look Back on a Year of Crisis for the Church - The Ungerground Bunker (blog)
by Tony Ortega and friends
With the year winding down, we thought we’d ask several fellow Scientology watchers to give us their thoughts on how the church fared in 2012. Here are their responses, and we’re looking forward to reading your reflections about 2012 in the comments. Tell us what were your highlights, and how you think 2012 fits in the 60-year history of the church.

First up, BBC journalist John Sweeney, who has a book coming out on January 7, The Church of Fear: Inside the Weird World of Scientology.....

....Mary McConnell: 2012 has been the worst year on record for the Church of Scientology and its front groups like Narconon. It can’t erase the Internet, the incriminating court records, the fervent media attention and reporting, nor the enmity it’s created by its practices. 2012 was first of many more years of ‘Truth Revealed.’
[McConnell keeps an eagle-eyed watch on Narconon with others at the Reaching for the Tipping Point forum.]

much more at http://tonyortega.org/2012/12/20/scientology-in-2012-john-sweeney-mark-bunker-and-more-look-back-on-a-year-of-crisis-for-the-church/
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
I couldn't help noticing that the Tipping Point logo he used in lieu of your photo was a self-referential hyper-link to the article, and not to this forum. I wonder why he won't link to other sites from his blog - maybe he thinks people won't come back after they learn there are sites which are actually working to bring down this evil cult, as opposed to just talking about it?

(Perhaps I am being over-sensitive; we all have different purposes and reasons for having joined this battle...)

'til next time;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline Witnessman

• Fly in the Ointment
Wow,  Mary and all of RFTTP actually get some recognition!  Congrats to All!

^^O^^

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
I couldn't help noticing that the Tipping Point logo he used in lieu of your photo was a self-referential hyper-link to the article, and not to this forum. I wonder why he won't link to other sites from his blog - maybe he thinks people won't come back after they learn there are sites which are actually working to bring down this evil cult, as opposed to just talking about it?

(Perhaps I am being over-sensitive; we all have different purposes and reasons for having joined this battle...)

'til next time;
wynot

:) When you click all his photo attachments, they just you to the link where he's got them uploaded. This happens with wordpress, which is what he's using, and blogger ( which my blog is on and it does the dame thing. You can only hyperlink to words or sentences but not the photo attachments.

Tony did, however, hyperlink the name of the forum at the end of my comment.  So that's a good thing :)
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Thanks, mefree and witnessman. I've been off the computer most of the day and haven't had a chance to comment on the article itself or over here until now but I am so happy RFTTP and all you "eagle eyes" got some recognition!
However, I did manage to get it posted over on ESMB, giving a shameless plug to promote RFTTP and gang... :)
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?29735-Ortega-Scientology-in-2012-We-hear-from-John-Sweeney-Paulette-Cooper-and-more!&p=758346&viewfull=1#post758346

Edit: fixed the link so it's clickable.  --ec
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 11:35 by ethercat »
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Thanks, mefree and witnessman. I've been off the computer most of the day and haven't had a chance to comment on the article itself or over here until now but I am so happy RFTTP and all you "eagle eyes" got some recognition!
However, I did manage to get it posted over on ESMB, giving a shameless plug to promote RFTTP and gang... :)
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?29735-Ortega-Scientology-in-2012-We-hear-from-John-Sweeney-Paulette-Cooper-and-more!&p=758402#post758402

L-O-:
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Wow,  Mary and all of RFTTP actually get some recognition!  Congrats to All!

^^O^^

Thank you!  ;D 

Finally!

For me, it's not as much about the personal recognition, although that's nice too after so much work and continuing effort, as it is about the forum and letting more people know we're here, so we can help them if they need it, or so they can help us if they have that ability.  I'd love to have more people participating here - and I do have high regard, praise, and applause for everyone who contributes here on a regular basis.

Thanks, RFTTP members!   :OV--*

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions