Author Topic: Narconon money going to the IAS  (Read 7105 times)

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
Narconon money going to the IAS
« on: November 28, 2012, 11:49 »
Got my hands on the latest IMPACT magazine, which highlights the International Association of Scientologists (IAS) event.  It always posts pictures of people who attended the event (held at St. Hill in England every October) who have moved up in their status levels  - i.e. amounts of money given.

I thought it was interesting to see Narconon South Europe moved up to Silver Meritorious ($500K?), Per Wicksrom (owner of Best Drug Rehabilitation, A Forever Recovery, Tranquility Detox and the bulding of Narconon Freedom Center operates in) moved up to Gold Meritorious ($1 million?) and Narconon Louisiana moved up to Platinum Meritorious ($2.5 million?).

If you add up all of the Narconon centers and their individual staff members who donate to the IAS, a fair estimate given would be in the neighborhood of $50 million.

Scientology makes way more money off Narconon centers through donations and services than it does from the licensing fees.

If Narconon centers like Georgia and Oklahoma go bankrupt because of these pending lawsuits, the courts need to go after the church to recoup the money for the amounts awarded to the victims, IMO.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
Re: Narconon money going to the IAS
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 15:15 »
narCONon's are donating directly to the IAS, yet at the same time attempting to claim that are not part of $cientology?? Yeah, right.

BigBeard

Offline BMF

• Potential Trouble Source
  • Do or Do Not. There is no try.
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 16:44 »
I have been privy to some internal documents regarding these donations to the church and the amount of pressure NN Int and ABLE Int put on the centers and continental offices.  I have also been subjected to it personally.  They outright bully them and throw their own policies and legal obligations to the IRS out the window in the name of expansion and book sales.  Its pretty alarming actually.  Real reformation will only come if you target the money (in my opinion).   
"But now," says the Once-ler, "Now that you're here,
the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. Its not!"   - Dr. Seuss

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 19:07 »
Ah yes, the books.  I remember getting calls from church staff members saying that staff at other Narconon centers needed copies of The Basics and couldn't afford them, asking me to pitch in for some sets.  I was specifically told on more than one occasion that Narconon Hawaii needed some for their staff.

Then I got a call the next day from my friend Bobby Newman, who is the Executive Director at Narconon Hawaii, saying that they had a whole storage room fool of sets of Basics that keep showing up and he wanted to know if I needed one!  The scam/fraud/pressure continued incessantly.  The IAS is/was only one portion of it, as you mentioned. 

There is also the whole Ideal Org campaign.  Mary Rieser donated $250K from Narconon GA money to the Atlanta Ideal Org project (which still isn't open after 8 years), and I'm sure Vista Bay donated toward either Moutain View, Stevens Creek, Sacramento, or all three! The list goes on and on.  If anyone actually got a hold of the financial records of these centers you'd find a ton of money flowing to the Co$ directly.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 20:10 »
There is also the whole Ideal Org campaign.  Mary Rieser donated $250K from Narconon GA money to the Atlanta Ideal Org project (which still isn't open after 8 years), and I'm sure Vista Bay donated toward either Moutain View, Stevens Creek, Sacramento, or all three! The list goes on and on.  If anyone actually got a hold of the financial records of these centers you'd find a ton of money flowing to the Co$ directly.

The entire Idle Org program is such a scam!
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 21:20 »
I should be able to get back to plowing through the ABLE/narCONon 990's next week. I'll make a point of looking for any money moving in the IAS's direction.

BigBeard

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 22:50 »

There is also the whole Ideal Org campaign.  Mary Rieser donated $250K from Narconon GA money to the Atlanta Ideal Org project (which still isn't open after 8 years)

;D

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 13:23 »
Got my hands on the latest IMPACT magazine, which highlights the International Association of Scientologists (IAS) event.  It always posts pictures of people who attended the event (held at St. Hill in England every October) who have moved up in their status levels  - i.e. amounts of money given.

I thought it was interesting to see Narconon South Europe moved up to Silver Meritorious ($500K?), Per Wicksrom (owner of Best Drug Rehabilitation, A Forever Recovery, Tranquility Detox and the bulding of Narconon Freedom Center operates in) moved up to Gold Meritorious ($1 million?) and Narconon Louisiana moved up to Platinum Meritorious ($2.5 million?).

If you add up all of the Narconon centers and their individual staff members who donate to the IAS, a fair estimate given would be in the neighborhood of $50 million.

Scientology makes way more money off Narconon centers through donations and services than it does from the licensing fees.

If Narconon centers like Georgia and Oklahoma go bankrupt because of these pending lawsuits, the courts need to go after the church to recoup the money for the amounts awarded to the victims, IMO.

Do we have a time frme for that Impact issue? Or when the donations were made? Tranquility Detox is not even a licensed facility and was just recently was incorporated.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 13:54 »
It is the latest issue, just mailed out from this past event - the 28th IAS anniversary.  It also has a donation form in it if you'd like me to pass that along  ;D

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 14:06 »

Would love to see a scan of the Narconon-related info, if possible.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 14:37 »
I just scanned them.  How can I upload them here?  I don't see a way to attach them.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 15:11 »
The last 990 for NN LA I've got is for 2010 and there are no grants listed as being given out. The only oddity is 'Part IX, 11g - Other' shows $61,639 going out the door, but there's no explanation I can see showing where it went.

BigBeard

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 15:18 »
I just scanned them.  How can I upload them here?  I don't see a way to attach them.

Terrific, Luke :)

You have to upload them to another site, like Flickr or scribd, and then link them here in a post .

To link them here, open a new post reply and then click the first box on the left above the smiley faces. Insert the link to each pic page in between the two of these:

Hope this helps.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 16:30 »

You can attach a file by exapanding the  + Additional Options... button in bottom left hand corner of text box or use an image site like photobucket and insert the image link here.

-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 17:40 »

You can attach a file by exapanding the  + Additional Options... button in bottom left hand corner of text box or use an image site like photobucket and insert the image link here.

???  Additional Options only has this for me:   
_ Notify me of replies.    
_ Return to this topic.    
_ Don't use smileys.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 19:10 »
Apparently, that option is not available to everyone. It may be tied to post counts or something.
-Dalai Lama

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2012, 10:48 »
Here are these two.  The first one is Narconon Louisiana.  The second pic has Per and his wife - in the upper right-hand corner.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2012, 11:20 »
Is that Natalie Delgado in the second picture? I think we can safely state that Per Wickstrom remains affiliated with Narconon and Scientology.

Thanks for posting, Lucas.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Sunshine

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2012, 12:17 »
Narconon Georgia contributed $31,229.00 to the church in 2006.

http://207.153.189.83/EINS/421534941/421534941_2006_034A4F65.PDF

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2012, 17:35 »
Is that Natalie Delgado in the second picture?
Thanks for posting, Lucas.
No. Adina somebody.