Author Topic: He said wut?  (Read 1773 times)

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
He said wut?
« on: November 29, 2012, 16:56 »
Grover Norquist Compares Stimulus Spending To Scientology (VIDEO)

Grover Norquist tangled over taxes with Huffington Post reporters Ryan Grim and Zach Carter on HuffPost Live Thursday.

Norquist dismissed those who believe in government spending to stimulate the economy, comparing the belief to Scientology.

"This is called Keynesianism, and they've got nice churches, and they truly believe this, they're like Scientologists with their little black boxes," he said.

"The general public... understands that when the government builds a bridge, or the government builds a school, those are jobs, and that's economic activity that they're creating," Grim countered. "So I think that he's lost that argument."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/29/grover-norquist-stimulis_n_2213126.html

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
Re: He said wut?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 19:03 »
Funny, he is using Scientology as the gold standard for delusional thinking.   ;D

• High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 20:59 »
Funny, he is using Scientology as the gold standard for delusional thinking.   ;D
I think he hasn't the vaguest idea what he is talking about. What on earth does a black box have to do with scientology. This coming from a man that has influenced many within a particular political party. The man is a dolt and those that subscribe to his idiocy are fools!

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 23:45 »
I'm not saying he isn't a simpleton, but he probably meant this thing:

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 19:18 »
FWIW, there's a longer and slightly more intellectual thread about this over on ESMB: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?29440-Grover-Norquist-Compares-Stimulus-Spending-To-Scientology-(Video)-(Huffington-Post)

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

• High Value Target
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 11:05 »
FWIW, there's a longer and slightly more intellectual thread about this over on ESMB: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?29440-Grover-Norquist-Compares-Stimulus-Spending-To-Scientology-(Video)-(Huffington-Post)
FWIW,ESMB is far too crazy a place for this simple wog.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 11:16 »
FWIW,ESMB is far too crazy a place for this simple wog.

LOL, that's how I feel about politics.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions