Author Topic: One year later  (Read 2190 times)

Offline neveragain

• Met Xenu
One year later
« on: December 01, 2012, 20:12 »
Here I sit one year later after being at the Freedom Center Narconon.   I am still doing good but not because of the help I received there.   I think of how many people leave that place with no counseling or guidance and it truly is heartbreaking.   I, myself, was so scarred by the place that I never ever would get myself into that position again.  But I think of all the young people that are and it makes me sad. This is their busy time and just thinking of how many people were lined up to go there last year makes me ill.   Drug abuse is such a hard battle that no one can understand unless they are in the shoes of someone that is there.  It is a hard road and without counseling to figure out what triggered it in the first place it is hard for them to recover.  I just don't understand how they continue on but they are a devious group.   Anyways I guess this post is just that I am thankful I made it out and that I have this group like this that understands when no one else does what I and others have been through.   

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
Re: One year later
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 21:51 »
Here I sit one year later after being at the Freedom Center Narconon.   I am still doing good but not because of the help I received there.   I think of how many people leave that place with no counseling or guidance and it truly is heartbreaking.   I, myself, was so scarred by the place that I never ever would get myself into that position again.  But I think of all the young people that are and it makes me sad. This is their busy time and just thinking of how many people were lined up to go there last year makes me ill.   Drug abuse is such a hard battle that no one can understand unless they are in the shoes of someone that is there.  It is a hard road and without counseling to figure out what triggered it in the first place it is hard for them to recover.  I just don't understand how they continue on but they are a devious group.   Anyways I guess this post is just that I am thankful I made it out and that I have this group like this that understands when no one else does what I and others have been through.

It is so good you found your way here, and that this site exists and can help. The harm NN does can be repaired - it just takes good people who care.

Here's a wish that more of Narconon's victims can find their way here!

'til next time (and best wishes);
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 11:07 »

neveragain, I'm grateful you made it out of that place and continue to recover. Everything you say is so very true, including the bit about Narconon's devious nature. Narconon is a travesty of treatment! 

I'm truly disappointed in our state agencies. To think that Narconon of Georgia was almost shut down in 2006, after multiple citations for violations of state regulations. Time and time again, the agency accepts any plan of correction and looks the other way.

Thanks for your bravery in telling your story, so that others may be encouraged to have a voice!
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 21:31 »

So glad you are here and celebrating your one year anniversary of getting out of that place!!

You have been a BIG help in alerting people to the dangers of Narconon. Your compelling story along with your helpful and insightful posts are being read and your efforts to help are much appreciated.

I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.