Author Topic: DCH investigation of Narconon of Georgia and its own internal investigation.  (Read 68896 times)

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
I wonder if they're gearing up to have Per take over for Mary...
  :D I hope so. >:D

Offline BMF

• Potential Trouble Source
  • Do or Do Not. There is no try.
But I have the feeling Narconon International and scientology are just going to let Narconon of Georgia go - or assign someone else to reopen it under new management, which will mean a new license could be issued to NNGa 2.0.

BMF said something about someone in Per Wickstrom's circle (Dom) being at Narconon of Georgia in another thread: http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,12060.msg27853.html#msg27853
(or that was what I read it as saying).  I wonder if they're gearing up to have Per take over for Mary...

Per plans to open his next place in Malibu.  He will definitely try to absorb the staff if GA is shut down.

Thanks for the info, BMF.  If we can just get them out of Georgia, that will make me happy.  Then the work can continue on the other states.  The fewer states, the fewer state agencies to deal with. 

||||||||\\\\\\\:D

Good point, id imagine this has already been done, but it probably wouldnt be a bad idea to do a little preemptive strike and educate the state drug and alcohol agencies in the states Narconon is not in before they get their dirty little paws in the door.  Less places to run when the doors are closed in the states they are in.
"But now," says the Once-ler, "Now that you're here,
the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. Its not!"   - Dr. Seuss

Offline Duped Parent

• On the path to knowledge
Can anyone please recommend a sober living facility for a young adult? My child was at Narcanon and only learned how to do harder drugs than they went in for....trust me, I realize they made the choice but never did I think more drugs would be offered to them in so called treatment than out.

I feel so incredibly guilty for ever taking my child there in the first place. They will be discharged from a real 30 day inpatient rehab soon and we need to find a long term sober living place. Preferably in Florida, South Carolina or maybe North Carolina. I do not trust an internet search as that is how I found Narcanon. Please...please we need some caring advice.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Can anyone please recommend a sober living facility for a young adult? My child was at Narcanon and only learned how to do harder drugs than they went in for....trust me, I realize they made the choice but never did I think more drugs would be offered to them in so called treatment than out.

I feel so incredibly guilty for ever taking my child there in the first place. They will be discharged from a real 30 day inpatient rehab soon and we need to find a long term sober living place. Preferably in Florida, South Carolina or maybe North Carolina. I do not trust an internet search as that is how I found Narcanon. Please...please we need some caring advice.

You shouldn't feel guilty. The folks at NarCONon are very crafty.

The Fix offers a list of resources here: http://www.thefix.com/content/fix-411

You don't mention if your child is male or female and there's no need to post many details here. This is a place that takes male clients only in Georgia. I have heard very good things about them.
http://purpletreatment.com/

I'm sure some others may have additional information for you.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology

Hi and thank you for joining and posting.

Off hand I don't know of any. I will look around on the internet. In the meantime, try contacting  Frank Montero or Stacy Payne of TLC Residential in Northern California... people I trust. ( Both are former Narconon staff /executives who know what you're talking about ) I don't believe they take children but do call and tell them about the situation and what you are looking for . I am sure they  can refer you to appropriate places in those states.

Contact Info
Phone   (800) 852-7374
Email   intake@tlcresidential.com
Website   http://www.tlcresidential.com

https://www.facebook.com/stacey.s.payne
https://www.facebook.com/frankmontero

Keep us updated on how everything goes.

Best wishes,

Mary
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target

You shouldn't feel guilty. The folks at NarCONon are very crafty.

The Fix offers a list of resources here: http://www.thefix.com/content/fix-411

You don't mention if your child is male or female and there's no need to post many details here. This is a place that takes male clients only in Georgia. I have heard very good things about them.
http://purpletreatment.com/

I'm sure some others may have additional information for you.

Good suggestion, mefree. Thanks.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
I realize your son is not a minor, but his age is a concern for you and  can certainly understand that.

Here is another resource. A reputable business in TX. The owner understands about NN. She may be an option or resource for locating one closer to where you want him to be.

From my notes:

http://www.adamshouse.info/

"Affordable"

Alcohol/Drug free; Recovery oriented living.

~ San Angelo, Texas, USA ~

(325) 450-3151

Adams House is a privately owned establishment and welcomes all seeking a clean/sober life-style. Fees are reasonable and no one is turned away for lack of funds. We hope to be of service to you in the future. References are available upon request.
Gloria J.Neumeyer, Director
(325) 450-3151

Mission

To provide a safe, affordable, clean, comfortable home to men and women who seek a wholesome way of life.

Rates
Furnished Double $320/month

No lease is required

Utilities included

We do have a sober living agreement

What We Offer
* Large Beautiful Home - six locations

* Drug & Alcohol free

* A Quiet , Safe Residential Neighborhood Close to the Library

* We Endorse All 12-step
Programs

* Double Occupancy

* A Caring, Experienced
Resident Manager

* All the Amenities of Home

* Furnished Rooms

* Close to Bus Lines

* Shopping and Restaurants near by

* Caring resident managers
------

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Good suggestion, mefree. Thanks.

:-thanks-: for your suggestions, Mary!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 16:43 by mefree »
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
Even if TLC residential doesn't have anything on the East Coast yet (not sure if they do or don't), I bet they would at least be able to help recommend something in GA, NC, SC or FL.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Even if TLC residential doesn't have anything on the East Coast yet (not sure if they do or don't), I bet they would at least be able to help recommend something in GA, NC, SC or FL.

Yes, I figured that they might.  Thanks for corroborating. I'm not big on making referrals but sometimes I am asked and will only refer to people I trust enough. I always do a search for complaints on these and if none found, I am comfortable suggesting a call to them. additional comment: I  ....and have had contact with the above sober houses, as well.

It is important, however, for people to do their own research whenever possible.

You may know more, having been in that business for so long.... the poster can't get or give PMs until they post 3 or more comments. the Admin can override that if you want to PM the father with suggestions or advise. The father can also contact the Admin or a moderator and ask for the override to contact any of us, as well. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 17:46 by Mary_McConnell »

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
And there will be more investigative media reports on this facility and issue coming up soon  ;D

Offline Duped Parent

• On the path to knowledge
Mary...what do you suppose the new impending charges will be? I have also heard lots of rumblings, looks very serious for NNG. Even one of the off-site security says he is scared for his job but won't elaborate. He did say it involves a recent student whose family is stirring the pot!

Have you heard anything to give us hope? If they shut it down there should be a Holiday in their name.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Mary...what do you suppose the new impending charges will be? I have also heard lots of rumblings, looks very serious for NNG. Even one of the off-site security says he is scared for his job but won't elaborate. He did say it involves a recent student whose family is stirring the pot!

Have you heard anything to give us hope? If they shut it down there should be a Holiday in their name.

Well,  I can't say until the news is reported and the reason for that is due to the fact that one news media outlet revealed it's investigative findings with certain authorities while requesting comment. It's my understanding that the news reports are delayed at the moment because of this.

I guess we just have to hold onto our hats until it all comes out.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target

Losing their license soon is certainly serious! See the Left sidebar for the Deficiencies Report  ;D
http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/local/state-looks-narconon-georgia/nTf9K/

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target

:cleanuponaisle4:

Please continue.   ;)
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Witnessman

• Fly in the Ointment

I don't know, but am wondering if the following quoted material might be it.  This is from a new pleading just filed 1/8/13 in the Western World Insurance Company v Narconon of GA case pending in the United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia, Atlanta Division, specifically, document no. 49-1,   "Exhibit A - [Proposed] Second Amendment to Complaint for Declaratory Judgment" at page 2:

The Desmonds, in the Draft Second Amended Complaint, allege the existence of claims, billing, reimbursement, and reporting discrepancies and other misrepresentations by Narconon of Georgia.

Again, I don't know, but I do read this as possibly having to do with impending allegations of new evidence demonstrating INSURANCE FRAUD in the main wrongful death pending in DeKalb State Court, which is consistent with this statement in the main document 49, "Plaintiff's [Western World insurance Company's] Motion to Amend Complaint" at page 3:

2. The plaintiffs in the underlying action have circulated, but not filed, a draft Second Amended Complaint (the "Draft Second Amended Complaint") regarding the underlying state court action.  The Draft Second Amended Complaint sets forth additional predicate acts to the state court plaintiff's Georgia RICO claims, but does not allege any new counts.

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
Interesting - Can you post the documents?
Insurance means big trouble, correct?

Offline Witnessman

• Fly in the Ointment
All docs are available on the U.S. Courts' public access website, "PACER".  Register here:  https://www.pacer.gov/psco/cgi-bin/regform.pl

And yes, although I do not necessarily understand why, it could just be that financial fraud upon enormous health insurance corporations may somehow be deemed more worthy of criminal prosecution than ordinary, run of the mill, every single damn day fraud upon desperate families and ensuing deaths of patients in completely bogus drug and alcohol rehab centers.  Go figure.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
All docs are available on the U.S. Courts' public access website, "PACER".  Register here:  https://www.pacer.gov/psco/cgi-bin/regform.pl

And yes, although I do not necessarily understand why, it could just be that financial fraud upon enormous health insurance corporations may somehow be deemed more worthy of criminal prosecution than ordinary, run of the mill, every single damn day fraud upon desperate families and ensuing deaths of patients in completely bogus drug and alcohol rehab centers.  Go figure.

Keep in mind that "we the people" pay for Medicare and Medicaid. Those benefits may not play a role in the Desmond case, but are part of the reason for the level of scrutiny with health insurance fraud. It costs all of us.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target

I don't know, but am wondering if the following quoted material might be it.  This is from a new pleading just filed 1/8/13 in the Western World Insurance Company v Narconon of GA case pending in the United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia, Atlanta Division, specifically, document no. 49-1,   "Exhibit A - [Proposed] Second Amendment to Complaint for Declaratory Judgment" at page 2:

The Desmonds, in the Draft Second Amended Complaint, allege the existence of claims, billing, reimbursement, and reporting discrepancies and other misrepresentations by Narconon of Georgia.

Again, I don't know, but I do read this as possibly having to do with impending allegations of new evidence demonstrating INSURANCE FRAUD in the main wrongful death pending in DeKalb State Court, which is consistent with this statement in the main document 49, "Plaintiff's [Western World insurance Company's] Motion to Amend Complaint" at page 3:

2. The plaintiffs in the underlying action have circulated, but not filed, a draft Second Amended Complaint (the "Draft Second Amended Complaint") regarding the underlying state court action.  The Draft Second Amended Complaint sets forth additional predicate acts to the state court plaintiff's Georgia RICO claims, but does not allege any new counts.

Good catch, witnessman and DupedParent!

The only thing I can say is that I can't elaborate at this time, lol. But you are on the right track. As more documents become available, ye shall know more.

Sorry I can't be more specific.  \--O--/

edit in Bold
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 19:20 by Mary_McConnell »