Author Topic: Have You Told All? Inside My Time With Narconon and Scientology  (Read 46406 times)

Offline Intelligence

• Hill 10 Situation
Re: Have You Told All? Inside My Time With Narconon and Scientology
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2013, 15:02 »
Thanks David and WM!

Welcome! Luke, I would like to help you promote your book by publishing an article in
the Examiner. Just waiting to here from my manager right now about something first?

I want to commend you for your courage and YOU need to know, that by doing what you are
doing, many WILL be helped. Writing and publishing a book is a huge work - - very time consuming indeed.

So, if you would kindly PM me with contact info, I can call you on a Secure Skype line :-)

AND ,..., THANK YOU TIPPING POINT for ALL you do!!!!! {{{HUGS}}} and much LOVE to ALL ||O||
An Ol' Irish Quote:
“You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'”

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2013, 18:12 »
I'm still reading...  but...

Quote from: Have You Told All?
One of the questions that is part of doing end rudiments is "Have you told all?" Indeed I had and I was ready to get the hell out of there.

I'm glad to know where the name of the book comes from.   ;D
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2013, 19:45 »

There's also this explanation: http://www.haveyoutoldall.com/about-the-title/

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2013, 19:54 »
auditor: Have you told all?

me: (thinking) yes, there's still a lot more money in my pocket though even though I told the 8 year old I was broke.

auditor: What's that?

me: Nothing
ET went home.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2013, 22:23 »

There's also this explanation: http://www.haveyoutoldall.com/about-the-title/

Thank you very much.  I guess I need to get out more.   (:E)
   Narconon Reviews

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2013, 22:25 »

me: (thinking) yes, there's still a lot more money in my pocket though even though I told the 8 year old I was broke.

Ha! :-D^\^\

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2013, 22:26 »

Hahaha!  Have you ever thought about being a comedian for your second career?
   Narconon Reviews

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2013, 22:43 »

Hahaha!  Have you ever thought about being a comedian for your second career?

That's actually a true story.  I am kind of a joker although you would not think that by seeing me (so Ive been told at least 1000 times).  When I was a Supervisor at NN there wasnt one person that I ever encountered that I couldnt make laugh on the TR's.  Not trying to toot my own horn or anything (toot toot). 

Next time I see you remind me to tell you about the girl who thought up ketchup packets (as she was using them on her food). 
ET went home.

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2013, 22:47 »
 Rehab humor. :o Is there a market for such a thing?

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2013, 22:58 »
Gotta laugh about it.  I was in a cult for over a decade, I have to.  There are some good memories.  At least I got to sing happy birthday by myself while running graduation in my best Marilyn Monroe voice in front of all the staff and students.  Thats worth a decade in the cult.
ET went home.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2013, 23:07 »
 ;D
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2013, 23:18 »
Gotta laugh about it.  I was in a cult for over a decade, I have to.  There are some good memories.  At least I got to sing happy birthday by myself while running graduation in my best Marilyn Monroe voice in front of all the staff and students.  Thats worth a decade in the cult.

Love it!  :D
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Cooper

• New Around Here
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2013, 14:50 »
I just finished the book.  I took real interest after having been a "student" at Narconon Warner Springs.  Rather Narconon Fresh Start.  I mean Sunshine summit lodge?  You get my point.  It was amazing to read the exact connections to Scientology.  I had learned a lot about Narconon through research however didn't know that much if nothing about Scientology.  I knew something was wrong after being in the program only a few day's.  I was a real addict who needed real help.  After getting out of Narconon and relapsing I was diagnosed with being bipolar.  I remember being at Narconon and being off drugs but feeling like a dry drunk who wasn't getting the one on one treatment I was promised.  I chose to seek treatment was really ready to get help.  Seeing a psychiatrist and psychologist was what I needed.  After being diagnosed and getting the right medications and counseling I finally started to feel better.  I feel all Narconon wanted from me was my money, for me to clean the center, and to help other students through the TR's.  None of what they did helped me at all.  Anyway's it was very well written, I really enjoyed you're story and reading through you're ups and downs.  I'm glad you are helping bringing these things to light so other people and their families don't get scammed. I wish you the best in you're personal life and thanks once again for the very interesting and informative facts.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2013, 15:34 »
I just finished the book.  I took real interest after having been a "student" at Narconon Warner Springs.  Rather Narconon Fresh Start.  I mean Sunshine summit lodge?  You get my point.  It was amazing to read the exact connections to Scientology.  I had learned a lot about Narconon through research however didn't know that much if nothing about Scientology.  I knew something was wrong after being in the program only a few day's.  I was a real addict who needed real help.  After getting out of Narconon and relapsing I was diagnosed with being bipolar.  I remember being at Narconon and being off drugs but feeling like a dry drunk who wasn't getting the one on one treatment I was promised.  I chose to seek treatment was really ready to get help.  Seeing a psychiatrist and psychologist was what I needed.  After being diagnosed and getting the right medications and counseling I finally started to feel better.  I feel all Narconon wanted from me was my money, for me to clean the center, and to help other students through the TR's.  None of what they did helped me at all.  Anyway's it was very well written, I really enjoyed you're story and reading through you're ups and downs.  I'm glad you are helping bringing these things to light so other people and their families don't get scammed. I wish you the best in you're personal life and thanks once again for the very interesting and informative facts.

Welcome, Cooper! Thanks so much for posting this. So glad you got the help you needed and are doing well. Your experience with Narconon is important for others to read.  Thank you for sharing this. I hope we hear more from you.

Mary
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2013, 17:39 »

Thank you, Cooper.  I'm sorry you experienced that, but very glad to hear that you sought other treatment and are doing well.  I sincerely appreciate you for sharing your experience and your support!

Offline Intelligence

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2013, 23:42 »
Couldn't wait for mail ordered copy, so reading a Kindle now - YAHOO!!! ||O|| |__|D:O
An Ol' Irish Quote:
“You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'”

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2013, 00:25 »
:o
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 01:41 by snippy »

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target

Offline Intelligence

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2013, 11:39 »

^^^THIS^^^ - - is so true. Mistakes are quite simply a fact of life; a fact that we're not perfect - - and when we
admit them to ourselves and others, which I personal have done on numerous occasions, I think it gives us a
freedom of not having to hide and cover them.

I still do struggle with forgiving myself and working with a therapist to help me.

VERY nice dedication, Luke {{{HUG}}}

===|8OOOo

Is this ^^^ clock being shown in a mirrow and says 2:00pm on Thursday - ROFL :)

An Ol' Irish Quote:

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2013, 13:45 »

^^^THIS^^^ - - is so true. Mistakes are quite simply a fact of life; a fact that we're not perfect - - and when we
admit them to ourselves and others, which I personal have done on numerous occasions, I think it gives us a
freedom of not having to hide and cover them.

I still do struggle with forgiving myself and working with a therapist to help me.

Your past experiences, including your mistakes are what formed the YOU that is here today. A person who has never made significant mistakes or seen the other side of addiction, will have more difficulty developing empathy with those who have walked these paths. Along with forgiving yourself for your past, celebrate the person you have grown into...one who has taken charge of his health and life, and a champion for people who need help but are mistakenly written off too often. This is a truly remarkable journey you are on.

I am so amazed at you and the others who are on this tough journey and are doing so much to right what is wrong in the face of some pretty steep odds (which are changing thanks to people like you).

I hope this makes some kind of sense.