Author Topic: Just a few news items!  (Read 2905 times)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Re: Just a few news items!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 20:10 »
Thanks!
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 10:07 »
Just a few news items!

Really - January has been one after another. Ortega's blog alone is stuffed full of stories.

• Jan 2, 2013 | Article on “IAS sponsored Scientology Internet Campaign”  (a little foreshadowing?)

HOT NEWS
    GRANT BRIEFING UPDATE
    SCIENTOLOGY INTERNET CAMPAIGN

The IAS-sponsored Scientology internet ads continue to run day in and day out.
    The foreign language internet ads have been running in hundreds of countries,
    targeting specific areas in the vicinity of Ideal Orgs including Russia , Mexico, South
    Africa, Italy, Spain, UK and more.

• Jan 6th, 2013 | Peet's sue after their 15-Year-Old is branded with a hot wire at Narconon Rainbow Canyon, NV 

• Jan 13, 2013 | Scientology Getting It From All Sides: The Tampa Bay Times Looks at 2010 FBI Investigation

• Jan 14, 2013 | ATLANTIC MAGAZINE SPIKES SCIENTOLOGY ADVERTORIAL AFTER BACKLASH
    The Scientology article at The Atlantic is its standard hokum about how it has opened numerous new “Ideal Orgs” around the world in the past year ...

• Jan 15, 2013 | Buzzfeed Reports on “Ideal Org” Financing  :-D^\^\

• Jan 16, 2013 | Nancy Many’s Docudrama Airing on Discovery ID (Wednesday 10 pm)
    "Dangerous Persuasions"
    -based on Nancy Many’s memoir, My Billion-Year Contract

The episode kicks off a new ID series called “Dangerous Persuasions,” which portrays good people manipulated into doing bad things. (In Canada, the show debuts on January 18 on the History Channel, and will kick off a new series by the name of “Brainwashed.” )

• *** DESMOND CASE: NOTICE OF HEARING - THURSDAY, JANUARY 17, 2013 AT 10:00 A.M 1:30 P.M./TYD ***

• Jan 17, 2013 | Paul Haggis and Lawrence Wright on NBC’s Rock Center (Thursday 10 pm)

« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 20:29 by snippy »

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 18:54 »
*** DESMOND CASE: NOTICE OF HEARING - THURSDAY, JANUARY 17, 2013 AT 10:00 A.M 1:30 P.M./TYD ***
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 20:32 »
Thanks mefree - fixed it. Also, for anyone who can be in two places at the same time, for example, some of you OTVIIIs:

Get Schooled
D-day for DeKalb: State board considers fate of school board Thursday

10:19 am January 13, 2013, by Maureen Downey

The state Board of Education will hold a hearing Thursday on the fate of the fractious DeKalb school board, which was the subject of a devastating critique by the district’s accreditation agency...

The state board will hold its hearing at 1 p.m. in the Twin Towers in downtown Atlanta.