Author Topic: Chris O contributes article on The Hole - Wikipedia  (Read 2144 times)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Chris O contributes article on The Hole - Wikipedia
« on: January 24, 2013, 19:19 »
The Hole (Scientology)

The Hole is a facility reportedly operated by the Church of Scientology in Riverside County, California in which dozens of its senior executives have been "imprisoned" for months or years. It is located at Gold Base (also known as Int Base), a 500 acres (200 ha) compound used by the senior management of the Church, which also houses the Church's in-house film studio Golden Era Productions. The Hole consists of a set of double-wide trailers joined together to form a suite of offices which had formerly been used by the Church's international management team. From 2004 to at least 2010, the Church of Scientology's leader David Miscavige is reported to have sent dozens of senior Scientology executives to The Hole. It became, as the Tampa Bay Times put it in a January 2013 article,

• a place of confinement and humiliation where Scientology's management culture — always     demanding — grew extreme. Inside, a who's who of Scientology leadership went at each  other with brutal tongue lashings, and even hands and fists. They intimidated each other into crawling on their knees and standing in trash cans and confessing to things they  hadn't done. They lived in degrading conditions, eating and sleeping in cramped spaces  designed for office use.[1]

The executives confined at The Hole are reported to have numbered up to 100 of the most senior figures in Scientology's management, including the Church of Scientology International's President, Heber Jentzsch. Individuals are said to have spent months or even years there. After a few managed to escape The Hole and Scentology, they gave accounts of their experiences in The Hole to the media, the courts and the FBI, leading to widespread publicity about the harsh conditions that they had allegedly endured. The Church of Scientology has denied those accounts. It says that "The Hole does not exist and never has" and states that nobody had been held against their will.[1] However, it admits that its members are subjected to "religious discipline, a program of ethics and correction entered into voluntarily as part of their religious observances."[2]

more at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hole_(Scientology)

Bullet point is mine.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Re: Chris O contributes article on The Hole - Wikipedia
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 15:56 »
This is terrific. Thanks
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 20:46 »
You're welcome!
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline FlyingSkettiMonster

• On the path to knowledge
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 12:07 »
They're allowed to run a prison under the guise of religious freedom, yet using ayahuasca for spiritual or religious purposes is forbidden.  ???

I only wonder if the system is broke beyond repair.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 08:45 »
It's astounding what this cult is allowed to get away with.  That's one of the reasons people don't take them more seriously, the element of "if it was really that bad, something would be done about it."  More and more, I'm realizing that the people (authorities) who are supposed to "do something" aren't, and it's up to people like us to do something for them.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions