Author Topic: Narconon on WSB TV news  (Read 30037 times)

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
Re: Narconon on WSB TV news
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2013, 11:32 »
I actually feel bad for Marschalk. I doubt she had any idea what she was getting into with her clients.

I tend to agree with you. From my observations Ms. Marschalk is a top notch professional in her field. Yet sometimes you are dealt a hand that cannot be played so to speak. The client must have frustrated Ms. Marschalk to no end. Defending the indefensible must be both morally and ethically challenging.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2013, 07:04 »
I don't think any of the defense attorneys involved had any idea with what they were getting into.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2013, 13:10 »
Hi Barbara, we feel for you. And Mr. Bennett.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline BMF

• Potential Trouble Source
  • Do or Do Not. There is no try.
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2013, 16:32 »

She very well may be a top notch profesional, but lets not make the mistake of making what she is doing as something she had no control over.  When she defended the insurance fraud "allegations" as standard business practices she lost most of her credibility as a professional in my mind.

Attorneys who represent narconon and the "church" (notice the quotes)  :) are a slimy bunch in my experience.  They are akin to ambulance chasers.  They know there are going to be a shit load of cases against them because they are frauds and they know they have the cash to pay yet they still take the cases.

There is a silver lining though, unlike the "church" (notice the quotes)  :) this community does forgive.  She just needs to take ownership of her mistakes and make the effort to change.  I wish her the best despite what side she is currently on. 
"But now," says the Once-ler, "Now that you're here,
the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. Its not!"   - Dr. Seuss

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2013, 17:45 »

You so bad! >:D
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2013, 20:23 »

She very well may be a top notch profesional, but lets not make the mistake of making what she is doing as something she had no control over.  When she defended the insurance fraud "allegations" as standard business practices she lost most of her credibility as a professional in my mind.

Attorneys who represent narconon and the "church" (notice the quotes)  :) are a slimy bunch in my experience.  They are akin to ambulance chasers.  They know there are going to be a shit load of cases against them because they are frauds and they know they have the cash to pay yet they still take the cases.

There is a silver lining though, unlike the "church" (notice the quotes)  :) this community does forgive.  She just needs to take ownership of her mistakes and make the effort to change.  I wish her the best despite what side she is currently on.

Lawyers have to ask the judge for permission to withdraw from a case. 
See Rule 4.3. Withdrawal, page 17 in the Uniform Superior Court Rules:
http://www.georgiacourts.gov/files/UNIFORM%20SUPERIOR%20COURT%20RULES_Updated_01_22_13_.pdf

Barbara Marschalk works for Drew, Eckl, and Farnham.  I would imagine she has to do what her employer expects her to do or face possible repercussions from that.  I guess she could just up and quit (I probably would), but that could be professional suicide for her.

Here she is, by the way:
http://www.deflaw.com/attorneys/barbara-a-marschalk

Here's her sidekick, Stevan A. Miller:
http://www.deflaw.com/attorneys/stevan-a-miller

Drew, Eckl, and Farnham have been in it from the beginning, starting with Kathryn Whitlock (who interestingly, is no longer with DEF, but now with Hawkins Parnell Thackston & Young) so they may well not have been aware of what they were getting into.

But now, Alston & Bird, employers of Mr. Bennett (NNI's new lawyer) - they had plenty of opportunity to find out what the case is about, and who and what they would be defending, before they accepted.   Dang, Mr. Bennett looks more tired different in the courtroom than he does in his photo.

While we're at it, both of Carlock, Copeland, and Stair, defending NNI:
David F. Root: http://www.carlockcopeland.com/Attorneys/davidf.root
Cheryl H. Shaw: http://www.carlockcopeland.com/Attorneys/cherylh.shaw

All along, the slimy full-time scientology lawyers, Kendrick Moxon and Helena Kobrin have been trying to pull the local lawyers' strings.  I would imagine this is because they aren't licensed to practice law in Georgia, but li'l Davey must still micromanage (no pun intended). 
   Narconon Reviews

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2013, 20:54 »

;D
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2013, 20:56 »

You so bad! >:D

lol! You got my joke   ;D

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2013, 21:13 »
I kinda do feel for her now.  Of course, being a Mom and an working attorney is a real juggling act but I think Narconon has driven Barbara Marschalk to drink! Bourbon, wine and 5 hour energy drinks.

I just couldn't help posting these from her public profile on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/barbara.marschalk

Barbara Harding Marschalk
February 2 via mobile
Bone's. it's what's for dinner. Well that and bourbon. Duh.

February 1 near Atlanta, GA
Just drank a 5 hour energy drink for the first time ever. I have become one of those people. And by "those people", I mean those people whose sleep deprivation cannot be cured by 14 cups of coffee before noon. Speaking at a CLE this afternoon. Need. Energy. For at least five more hours.

January 27 near Atlanta, GA
Work. Tennis. Work. Bourbon. Family. Work. That's pretty much what my Sunday looks like.
Barbara Harding Marschalk What level are you playing now, Stephanie Buck? And when are we going to have a drink?

January 19 via mobile
Left the office early - yes I know it is Saturday - to come home and watch my two children. By myself. For hours. Without help from my husband. It's now 9:00 pm and the house is blissfully quiet. I can so do this. (Says the lawyer/mother who is pouring a much needed bourbon.)

January 5
New front door, compliments of my law partner (who still has the key). If I wake up murdered in my bed with no sign of forced entry, start with questioning the Boy Scout in the corner office. — with Steve Miller.

December 28, 2012
Wine from a friend's vineyard in Virginia. Check. Flannel jammies. Check. Downton Abbey on Netflix. Check. Perfect. Friday. Night.

December 7, 2012 via mobile
Double bourbon in Pittsburgh, PA airport. Surprisingly, it is raining and cold. Who says lawyers don't lead glamorous lives? Because I certainly feel glamorous now. Not. At all.

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2013, 23:19 »
I'm sure Scientology would take care of her kids for her if she asked them.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2013, 23:22 »
I'm sure Scientology would take care of her kids for her if she asked them.

3((: You are too funny, snippy!

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2013, 23:26 »
 ;D

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2013, 23:29 »
People still drink bourbon? Yuck! She is definitely a Southern girl. :D
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2013, 23:29 »
People still drink bourbon? Yuck! She is definitely a Southern girl. :D

;D

Offline BMF

• Potential Trouble Source
  • Do or Do Not. There is no try.
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2013, 01:05 »
I.hate.how.she.does.this.it.drives .me.nuts.

Bourbon.really?.note.to.self.dont.post.that.you.a re.a.drunk.on.facebook.
"But now," says the Once-ler, "Now that you're here,
the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. Its not!"   - Dr. Seuss

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2013, 06:47 »
I kinda do feel for her now.  Of course, being a Mom and an working attorney is a real juggling act but I think Narconon has driven Barbara Marschalk to drink! Bourbon, wine and 5 hour energy drinks.

Uh, oh.  It seems to be escalating too.  There was one point during a break in the hearing when she said to the other attorneys at her table: "I'm so hungry.  I haven't eaten in 3 days.  Unless you count the 25 munchkins I had yesterday."

Quick, someone, get this girl a sammich.  And some potato chips!

Barbara, get a hold of yourself!  That way lies madness!  You don't want to end up at Narconon!

Seriously, a lawyer posting about drinking on facebook!  That stuff will never go away completely.   :( 

Maybe if you ask nicely though, Barbara, I'll edit it off of TP.
   Narconon Reviews

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2013, 08:46 »
February 2 via mobile
Perfect. Friday. Night.
[/quote]

For folks outside Atlanta, Bones is one of our best, and most expensive, steakhouses. Somebody is getting their billable hours up!

'til next time;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2013, 08:49 »
February 2 via mobile
Perfect. Friday. Night.

For folks outside Atlanta, Bones is one of our best, and most expensive, steakhouses. Somebody is getting their billable hours up!

'til next time;
wynot
[/quote]

lol! Thanks!

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2013, 23:43 »
Apparently, bourbon is much more popular than I realized: Maker's Mark cutting alcohol volume in its bourbon
-Dalai Lama