Author Topic: Atlanta Ideal Org needs money! Still hurtin' after all these years...  (Read 6498 times)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
From this thread over at ESMB: Reason for Big Recovery Push - Need more ideal org donors

Hi all,

Having an Ideal Org is the only way to accomplish what is needed in the correct order of magnitude to achieve the aims of Scientology. But what lies between where we find ourselves now and having our Ideal Org?

We have accomplished the miracle of purchasing our Ideal Org building, and are making headway at our recent events to raise the amount needed for renovations. But, there is a ways to go to wrap this up.

How on earth will we do this? The time has come for us to get this done. Doing so will require a much greater magnitude of participation. One of the quickest and most effective means of accomplishing this is to vastly increase the numbers of active and winning public. The achievement of this target will require that we do recoveries on a massive scale. But how?

Come to the Recoveries Revitalization Event to find out how you can help! We'll provide simple hatting and form teams to help get your friends back in the Org and on service.

We'll meet at the current Org building on Sunday, February 7, from 4-6 pm. Please join us -- this will be fun and rewarding!!!

Best regards,
Nancy Davis and Eric Green
for the Atlanta OT Committee

Thanks to "WhatWall" for posting it.  Lots of funny comments over there, even some about OT Committee Member Mary Rieser.  (Mary who?)
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline BMF

• Potential Trouble Source
  • Do or Do Not. There is no try.
"We have 8 million parishoners, but we need your cash NOOOOOOW!!!!!"  I dont think Mary is head of anything these days.  They might put her in charge of laundry in the womens penn though.  She can OT the hell out that, maybe get a few new people to audit.  They could pay her in smokes.  Fair exchange.. Actually she's still ripping them off.
"But now," says the Once-ler, "Now that you're here,
the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. Its not!"   - Dr. Seuss

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
"We have 8 million parishoners, but we need your cash NOOOOOOW!!!!!"  I dont think Mary is head of anything these days.  They might put her in charge of laundry in the womens penn though.  She can OT the hell out that, maybe get a few new people to audit.  They could pay her in smokes.  Fair exchange.. Actually she's still ripping them off.

Seems that's all she knows how to do.   :(

There was a time I felt sorry for her; I thought she was just deluded, and kept that way by lies she'd been told.  Not any more.  When it gets to the level of insurance fraud, wire fraud, knowingly deceiving innocent people government licensing agencies, and courts, those are things anyone should know are wrong, no matter how deluded they are.  I doubt Mary's mother raised her to be like this.  I can only hope Mary's current problems will make her daughter Jocelyn think twice.

I doubt the laundry at the prison will let her follow Hubbard's formula for laundry, though, washing and rinsing everything 13 times:

'Things took a real downhill turn around that time,' said Gerry Armstrong, who was then the ship's port captain. 'He became much more paranoid and belligerent. He was convinced there were evil people on board with hidden evil intentions and he wanted to get them all in the RPF. The RPF was used as an incredible daily threat over everyone. If he could smell something cooking from the vents, whoever was the current vents engineer would be assigned to the RPF. If the cook burned his food - RPF. If a messenger complained about someone - RPF.

'His actions definitely became more bizarre after the motor-cycle accident. You could hear him throughout the ship screaming, shouting, ranting and raving day after day. He was always claiming that the cooks were trying to poison him and he began to smell odours everywhere. His clothes had to be washed in pure water thirteen times, using thirteen different buckets of clean water to rinse a shirt so he wouldn't smell detergent on it.

'At that time no one would have dared to think that the emperor had no clothes. He controlled our thoughts to such an extent that you couldn't think of leaving without thinking there was something wrong with you.'[7]

[7]Interview with Gerald Armstrong, Boston, February 1986
   Narconon Reviews

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
We have accomplished the miracle of purchasing our Ideal Org building, and are making headway at our recent events to raise the amount needed for renovations. But, there is a ways to go to wrap this up.

It won't be 'wrapped up' until ever donor's taken out a third mortgage, maxed out their credit cards, taken out all the personal loans they can rack up, and started collecting bottles to get the deposit back on.

BigBeard

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
he began to smell odours everywhere

This is a symptom of encephalitis and other brain diseases.

Olfactory seizures, manifested as an aura of foul smells (rotten eggs, burnt meat), indicate temporal lobe involvement and suggest HSV encephalitis.

And then there was that giant boil on his forehead.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Apparently they're going to try to shame Georgia with video of the Portland, Oregon Ideal Org Grand Opening:

Narconon Reviews

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
This important "never before told history" of their "Religion" is for some reason only going to be told once and "will never be shown again."

Someone needs to word clear history.

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
It is telling that the poster does not say where the event is being presented - you have to RSVP to find out. This is to ensure there will be no entheta (meaning picketers |=||=||=| trying to warn the members, and public, that fleecing $$O$$ is going on!).

Can you imagine a Baptist (or any other) church thinking they need to hide where their revival tent is being raised? Or requiring attendees to RSVP, so they know exactly who is coming? Perhaps that is because they actually are at cause? ;)

Or maybe it's just because (here's a True Fact, from an absolutely impeccable source) at the 1993 Victory over The United States party (as I call it) in Atlanta, they did not order enough pizza, and were asking people to only have one slice! So much for making the able more able, eh?

'til next time;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Oh, my. We missed a bit of coverage on the local news about the Atlanta Idle Org. It seems that the building is continuing to deteriorate without renovation and the grafitti remains.

The City of Sandy Springs has issued a warning to CoS to clean up the abandoned building.

http://www.ajc.com/videos/news/sandy-springs-warns-church-of-scientology-to-clean/vCD38t/
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
Ha!  What a scam.  They don't even have enough Scientologists in Atlanta to fill one room in that building, but they sure did enjoy fleecing members for as much money as possible for years because they "needed it right away for expansion."  They've only shrunk since then, including losing people to Nashville and Clearwater or just out of Scientology completely, and the head of their OT Committee and building fundraiser (Mary Rieser) hasn't exactly helped their image here.

Miscavige will probably order them to sell the building now so he can then order them to start fundraising for a newer/bigger/better building that they MUST HAVE IMMEDIATELY because it will "Make Planetary Clearing a Reality."  Of course they'll have to get a new person to be in charge of the fundraising because Mary Rieser will probably be indicted for insurance fraud by then.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Some familiar faces in the video posted at The Underground Bunker today. The fundraising never ends in scientology.

http://tonyortega.org/2014/08/28/ladies-and-gentlemen-the-greatest-scientology-video-in-the-history-of-scientology-videos/
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
The 'mantra' in $cientology is no longer, "Move up the Bridge." It is now, "Move up in Status" by making bigger and bigger donations. You'd think those inside would have noticed by now.
BigBeard

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
Very entertaining without the sound. Yes, lot's of familiar faces. I didn't see the blond who spoke at the Sandy Springs Council meeting. I'm surprised, because she was "so excited" about the new Org.