Author Topic: Narconon Freedom Center, aka Freedom Treatment Center - post on reddit.com  (Read 1649 times)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
http://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/18h891/til_that_l_ron_hubbard_awarded_himself_his_own/c8ey2o9

Bolding is mine.

[–]johnfoof 14 points 11 hours ago
I went to rehab in a place called Narconon in Michigan a few years back. The entire program was built around his "intensive studies of addiction". It was absolutely bat shit crazy what they had you to in order to cure you of your addiction. If anyone wants more details feel free to ask.

[–]Snugrilla 5 points 11 hours ago
I would love to hear about it.

[–]johnfoof 7 points 1 hour ago
Ok quick background on me, I was 18 going on 19 and had been sniffing heroin and smoking crack for about 3 years (mostly heroin just turned to crack a few months prior) I was also in the methadone clinic and taking 160 mg of methadone every day for around 4 months. My parents didn't know what to do with me, I was a wrecking ball, that manipulated and stole from anyone I could. I was shit. No one in my family was like me, a friend of mine had gone up there and my parents had spoken to his parents without really knowing where to turn. They said my friend liked it and I should go. I went in April of 2008 and this is my experience there.

They would start you off in the detox, which was actually amazing. Big comfy leather couches a huge selection of awesome movies, PSPs to play and they would order breakfast lunch and dinner for you. I thought i was in heaven. They over medicated the shit out of you, I was high everyday I was there.

Maybe talking about methadone or suboxone?

After detox you go to a place called the "withdraw house". It sounds like what it is. You go into a house, not a bad looking place, decently well built and it over looked a lake. Inside there wasn't much a couch a kitchen and tons of magazines and books, and bunk beds upstairs. When you go in here you are no longer on any medication. They give you a concoction called "calmeg" Its boiled water with calcium and magnesium in it mixed with apple juice. This was to start the purification process.

For those of you unfamiliar with the detox from heroin and methadone it's terrible. Your bones turn themselves inside out, sleep is a thing of the past, cold sweat is your new skin. And pooping, holy Mary mother of God do you shit. 5-6 times a day of the wettest, strongest jet propelled shits you could ever imagine. The calmeg definitely didn't help with this. After a day in the withdraw house staff members start running tr's or training routines with you. The first one you do is answer the same goddamn question over and over and over and over again for about 5 hours of that day. "Tell me somewhere you're not" and then all you would have to do is say anywhere in the world that you weren't. From Italy to Best Buy, wherever as long as it wasn't that fucking house. They would say good and then repeat the question. And so on.

After a day or two of that TR you would start training for TR 1. They would sit you down in a chair with someone else from the house about a foot away from you tell you not to move and sit motionless and stay in the moment. I was off of methadone for 5 days now, 2 days without medication. That's not happening. My skin is crawling my bones are trying to snap themselves in half and run out of my body.

I couldn't sleep, I was already going a little bit crazy. They refuse to give you any medication now, in fear that it may "cloud your mind". So to help with my withdraw and lack of sleep they gave me vitamin B 12. TONS of it. I don't know the exact amount but pretty much handfuls. My piss turned a dark green and smelled like asparagus and mayonnaise.

Ok so now I'm out of the withdraw house and am in the main facility. The building was an old retreat for Kellogs Cereal CEOs and such. It was a pretty cool place. Prior to that it was supposedly a head hospital in the 20's, but who knows. It was a good looking facility. 3 Floors, had a little game room area, a cafeteria, and two common areas, one for guys and one for girls.

The day starts with a 730am wake up knock on your door you get up and go for role call in the cafeteria. After role call they read a quote from L Ron and then you are sent back to your rooms to get ready for class. Class starts with book 1 and TR 1. The sitting in the chair and not moving thing. In order to pass it and move onto the next one you have to do it without moving for two hours. Moving includes anything from smirking. to scratching an inch. You have to do this two times, once with your eyes open once with them closed. After you've passed this step you have to sit in the chair and once again not move while someone tries to break you. (make you laugh or cry) A pass was 15 minutes. Next you would have to read passages from "Alice in Wonderland" to your twin (partner you're matched up with) and they would have to give you an appropriate response. Next you would have to sit there with you twin and ask them the same few questions over and over questions like "do birds fly?" and other shit like that. Your twin would have to say anything and then you would have to handle what they said. IF they said something like "Fuck this I don't want to do it anymore!" you would have to comeback and say "Hey man I understand but we just have to get through this together OK. So let me repeat the question. Do birds fly?" A pass was 30 minutes without stuttering on fumbling over words. After this awful step you would sit solo in a chair with, and i kid you not, a bowl of rocks infront of you on a chair. You would have to pick up this bowl of rocks and as you did so say "Stand up" and then thank the rocks for standing up. Then you would say "Sit down in that chair" you would put the rocks down in the chair and thank them for sitting. Last TR in book 1 was to get your twin and stand side by side, abouot 10-15 feet from a wall. You would then ask your twin to "look at that wall" and then thank them. "walk over to that wall" and thank them" touch that wall" and yep you guessed it thank them. Your twin would have to try and run away and yell at you and you had to handle them in a calm collected manner and keep them going with the current TR. Do this for about 30 minutes without slip ups and you have passed book 1. We did this for 8-10 hours a day, everyday but Sunday.

Are they now using a bowl of rocks instead of an ashtray?

If you did all of these successfully you passed book 1 and moved onto book 2 which was the sauna. You would go sit in one of two sauna boxes one I think was 140 degrees and the other was 160, but don't quote me on that. They were really hot, lets leave it at that. Prior to going into the sauna box you would take shit tons of niacin, im talking about 16,000 mg before, then you would go exercise for about 20 minutes until your skin was red and burning with the white hot heat of 1000 suns. Once you were a flush red you would down some calmeg and go into the sauna for 6 hours. There were water breaks and such, it wasn't 6 straight hours but still it wasn't fun.

I hope he's exaggerating about the amount of niacin!

I was in sauna about 45 days before I was "cleared of all my drugs" and was told I could move onto book 3. Book 3 was all about memorizing L Ron quotes. Verbatim, every comma, every word had to be perfect or you couldn't move on. Then you were given clay and told to mold things. For example. Pain, sorrow, regret. Mostly feelings and such but there were other things i just can't remember.

After book 3 you move onto book 4 or objectives. This is hands down the worst part. You are matched up with your twin and you have to follow them around the room for 8-10 hours a day asking the same question over and over. There are i think 8 different objectives my least favorite questions was "find something in this room you can control" then your twin would walk over to anything and say "this pencil", you would thank them and command them to "keep it from going away" then ask "did you keep it from going away?" say good and repeat. Each objective takes about 2 weeks, you go a little insane at this time. Kids always try and escape property, they run through the woods or whatever. A few people punch shit and break their hands. But you don't pass or move on until you have an epiphany or whatever and then move on to the next Objective. I never made it past this. I lost my mind and left and made my way back to NJ. I know this is very long and I did leave out alot of details so I do apologize. I will be more than happy to do an AMA to answer more specific questions.

TL;DR- I went to Narconon, L Ron Hubbard's rehab, and it was weird and sucked the cock.

[–]rmfootball69 2 points 1 hour ago
Shit man that kind of thing should be reported. If you don't mind, pm me some info on this place. I might be able to publicize it.

[–]David_Richfield 4 points 10 hours ago
Did it work?

[–]johnfoof 7 points 2 hours ago
not even the least bit, i was shooting up within a week of leaving

Is there anyone here with an account on reddit, who might want to direct him to the Narconon Survey (link in my sig)?
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline BMF

• Potential Trouble Source
  • Do or Do Not. There is no try.
I dont believe the claim of 16000mg of Niacin.  1600mg for sure.  I did hear at Arrowhead Joe and Claire Pinelli authorized people to get higher doses than 5000mg (this is the limit per the tech) but it was never in excess of 8000mg or 9000mg.  It was also not a standard operating procedure.  Just on a case to case basis.
"But now," says the Once-ler, "Now that you're here,
the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. Its not!"   - Dr. Seuss

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Maybe the guy was still twitching, and hit an extra 0.   3((:
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions