Author Topic: Former Patient, Employee At Narconon Speaks To News 9 - News On 6  (Read 3509 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Former Patient, Employee At Narconon Speaks To News 9 - News On 6
12 March 2013, 11:54 pm
McALESTER, Oklahoma -

Jake Wilson said he checked into Narconon Arrowhead as a patient last June and loved it, but once he became an employee last month, things changed.

"You see a different side of it, and the things that they try to cover up while you're a student," said Wilson. "You got to see a little more of it while as staff members, but you still didn't know the information of all that was going on."

Wilson lives in Edmond now, but for the last eight months, he called the Narconon drug rehab center in Canadian, Oklahoma home. Wilson battled alcoholism for years, so he enrolled in Narconon's 8-step program for $30,000.

"From the outside looking in, it does look kind of weird. Whether it was an ash tray or a ball or anything else, it had its purpose," he said.

more, including video at http://www.newson6.com/story/21620747/former-patient-employee-at-narconon-speaks-to-news-9
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 17:43 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
...but he said things started going sour after fellow student Stacy Murphy overdosed and died at the facility last July.  From then, legal battles and bad press hit the center, and just this month a national agency revoked Narconon's CEO's and several employees' counseling certifications.  "The tension just started building within staff and it seemed like everything was getting questioned no matter what you did...  you were walking on eggshells basically."  So Wilson walked away two weeks ago and he says he's not looking back.  "Ever since the Stacy incident, it had slowly declined.  We had lost a lot of students, started losing the staff.  At that point everybody started losing sight of what we were really doing."

Jake Wilson needs to come talk to us. 
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
...but he said things started going sour after fellow student Stacy Murphy overdosed and died at the facility last July.  From then, legal battles and bad press hit the center, and just this month a national agency revoked Narconon's CEO's and several employees' counseling certifications.  "The tension just started building within staff and it seemed like everything was getting questioned no matter what you did...  you were walking on eggshells basically."  So Wilson walked away two weeks ago and he says he's not looking back.  "Ever since the Stacy incident, it had slowly declined.  We had lost a lot of students, started losing the staff.  At that point everybody started losing sight of what we were really doing."

Jake Wilson needs to come talk to us.

Let's hope somebody tells him we're talking about him (in a good way)! It would seem we both have things we could learn from each other... ooo:/

'til later;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
Now they are an 8-step program.

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target

8 step? How about Side Step?

side·step verb \ˈsīd-ˌstep\

Definition of SIDESTEP

transitive verb
: bypass, evade <sidestep a question>
: to move out of the way of : avoid <sidestep a blow>
intransitive verb
: to take a side step
: to avoid an issue or decision

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Jake Wilson liked Narconon when he was s student. He seems disappointed that things deteriorated and he can't work for Narconon the way it was when he was there,lol.

I question his motives for speaking to the media.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target

They couldn't come up with something original.

Jake Wilson liked Narconon when he was s student. He seems disappointed that things deteriorated and he can't work for Narconon the way it was when he was there,lol.

I had mixed feelings about his statements too, but I thought maybe he was in that in-between phase. Leaving Narconon/scientology seems to be a process.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target

They couldn't come up with something original.

I had mixed feelings about his statements too, but I thought maybe he was in that in-between phase. Leaving Narconon/scientology seems to be a process.
Rumor has it that he's been trying to connect with critics and lawyers and all the media he can find to tell his 'story' but most turned him down
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
Those damn media hounds at it again  ;)
ET went home.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Those damn media hounds at it again  ;)

3((:

• High Value Target

National certification revoked for CEO, staff members of Oklahoma drug rehab Narconon Arrowhead

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/national-certification-revoked-for-ceo-staff-members-of-oklahoma-drug-rehab-narconon-arrowhead

A former Narconon Arrowhead patient and employee is watching the legislation's journey through the Senate closely.

Jake Wilson says Narconon Arrowhead were unethical with their handling of 20-year-old Stacy Murphy's death.

"It was kind of swept to the side, kept away from us students at the time," he said.

Despite some worries, Wilson says he stayed at Narconon to help others after he trained to be an employee. He quit just a few weeks ago after growing concerns.

"It didn't seem too ethical. People were getting really sick and in certain situations, denied certain things that I believe should've been handled," Wilson said.

Wilson wants to see change at Narconon Arrowhead.

"It's no joke. And with the circumstances that happened over the summertime and just recently, it needs to be changed," he said.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Poor lost guy - he's trying to resolve his cognitive dissonance.  He doesn't yet realize the problems run through the whole system.

...my opinion, but then I haven't heard the rumors Mary speaks of.  He hasn't tried to connect with us here at TP.   ooo:/

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Poor lost guy - he's trying to resolve his cognitive dissonance.  He doesn't yet realize the problems run through the whole system.

...my opinion, but then I haven't heard the rumors Mary speaks of.  He hasn't tried to connect with us here at TP.   ooo:/

I doubt it. He's going for bigger media & key individuals... he wants his platform and his name in the news. This and some of his comments in favor of Narconon have made him seem questionable to some. Erring on the side of caution is always wise.

For her article, the reporter was looking for someone in the area who had done the program. Most people who come to me with Arrowhead complaints are not from OK, much less in the general area. It was a last minute of several people trying to locate available people for an interview and none were available. Jason, who had been contacting lawyers, critics, other news media ( who declined), was either suggested for, or found out about the need for someone in the area for the story.  That's how he got connected up and interviewed for the story. 

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
What a shitty story.  The one by Heather Hope was shitty also.  The local media is obviously not very good at digging.  They are just repackaging one simple act and not even attempting to get at the real story.  The truth is just a mouse click away.

I guess the local media will need to be bypassed as well.  Im assigning them a Danger condition.
ET went home.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
What a shitty story.  The one by Heather Hope was shitty also.  The local media is obviously not very good at digging.  They are just repackaging one simple act and not even attempting to get at the real story.  The truth is just a mouse click away.

I guess the local media will need to be bypassed as well.  Im assigning them a Danger condition.

8:O8P|() LOL!

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
And so it begins.... :o
ET went home.

• High Value Target
 Should someone give him a call?

Could this be the Jake in the news articles?

Jake R Wilson

18900 Cleaton Dr, Edmond, OK 73012

« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 12:51 by SocialTransparency »