Author Topic: Narconon Arrowhead: Five lawsuits filed today allege fraud and deceit and ... - Mcalester News Capit  (Read 3712 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Narconon Arrowhead: Five lawsuits filed today allege fraud and deceit and ... - Mcalester News Capital
21 March 2013, 4:12 pm
 By Jeanne LeFlore Staff Writer

McALESTER — Five new lawsuits against Narconon Arrowhead alleging fraud, deceit, breach of contract and civil conspiracy among other allegations were filed today.

Narconon Arrowhead is a non-profit drug and alcohol rehabilitation center in Canadian  affiliated with the Church of Scientology that  has been under investigation after several deaths at the facility.

The suits were filed in Pittsburg County District Court against Narconon of Oklahoma, Narconon International, Association of Better Living and Education International on behalf of Sue Newman and Dean Shobe, Gina Nelson, Mary Cantu, Lisa Gray and Vicky White.

All five lawsuits allege false representation, fraud and deceit, non disclosure or concealment, breach of contract and civil conspiracy.

Each of the suits are seeking more than $75,000 each.

a tad more at http://mcalesternews.com/policecourts/x1221095232/Narconon-Arrowhead-Five-lawsuits-filed-today-allege-fraud-and-deceit-and-other-charges
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 21:11 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology

I included info from this article on the lawsuits here:
Lawsuits against Narconon and NN front groups - Ongoing Thread
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,6462.msg30459.html#msg30459
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
I'm wondering if the credit card scam the one suit alleges they pulled could lead to criminal "Theft by misrepresentation", or whatever it's called, charges?

BigBeard

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
I'm wondering if the credit card scam the one suit alleges they pulled could lead to criminal "Theft by misrepresentation", or whatever it's called, charges?

I am sure it could. This is not an uncommon problem with Narconons. There was a situation in MI where the states attorney got involved because multiple people had their info used by a Narconon Stone Hawk staff member reg to 'help' them finance the program, only to wind up being used to falsify applications and land very high interest rate cards on people who were promised low or no interest on them. Quite a few refunds were forced by the MI SA and I believe the staff member was fired but only threatened with prosecution unless the issues were resolved for the victims.

I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Attorney Gary Richardson is interviewed on KJRH-TV tonight at 10 pm CT.
www.kjrh.com

http://www.kjrh.com/subindex/news/news_livestream1
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
You're welcome! More news.

Lawsuits allege Narconon Arrowhead counselors traded sex for drugs -McAlester News-Capital
March 22, 2013

McALESTER — Narconon Arrowhead counselors allegedly traded drugs for sex and fraudulently charged a patient’s credit card some $14,500, according to allegations in five lawsuits filed Thursday against the facility.

The suits were filed in Pittsburg County District Court against Narconon of Oklahoma, Narconon International, Association of Better Living and Education International on behalf of family members of former clients of Narconon Arrowhead.

Also among the allegations, the suits say Narconon influenced a grandmother to take out a $7,000 loan to “save her grandson’s life” and charged some $14,500 to a credit card obtained without the cardholder’s knowledge.

more at http://mcalesternews.com/breakingnews/x620882219/Lawsuits-allege-Narconon-Arrowhead-counselors-traded-sex-for-drugs
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
You're welcome! More news.

Lawsuits allege Narconon Arrowhead counselors traded sex for drugs -McAlester News-Capital
March 22, 2013

McALESTER — Narconon Arrowhead counselors allegedly traded drugs for sex and fraudulently charged a patient’s credit card some $14,500, according to allegations in five lawsuits filed Thursday against the facility.

The suits were filed in Pittsburg County District Court against Narconon of Oklahoma, Narconon International, Association of Better Living and Education International on behalf of family members of former clients of Narconon Arrowhead.

Also among the allegations, the suits say Narconon influenced a grandmother to take out a $7,000 loan to “save her grandson’s life” and charged some $14,500 to a credit card obtained without the cardholder’s knowledge.

more at http://mcalesternews.com/breakingnews/x620882219/Lawsuits-allege-Narconon-Arrowhead-counselors-traded-sex-for-drugs

Picked up by SF Chronicle:
http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Suits-claim-Narconon-Arrowhead-drugs-for-sex-trade-4380525.php
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
^^^^
Glad to see Jeanne's article getting picked up by SFGate!

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
In a statement issued Thursday, Narconon Arrowhead said "it is pretty clear that these lawsuits are financially motivated and have no foundation of truth contained in them.

"As in any lawsuit that is filed allegations are made which contain gossip and information that oftentimes is not factual. It is in the courtroom where the truth will prevail."

That truthiness thing really helped NarCONon prevail in the court here in Georgia, didn't it? :-----| ||||9000|||| 8:O8P|()

They claim the plaintiffs are only interested in money, so why are they seeking so little? If my child was induced to have seizures by being kept from her legitimately prescribed medicines, I think I would seek a great deal more than $75,000! And if you took out a credit card in my name, and started charging things on it, I would be at the police station every day demanding you be arrested, and perp-walked for the local stations to show on the evening news!

BTW, I am still wondering whether perjury in a civil deposition is a crime, or not? It sure seems to me that taking an oath to tell the truth, and then doing the opposite, should have a little more punishment than sec-checks for life. Why isn't Mary Reiser in prison?

'til next time;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
In a statement issued Thursday, Narconon Arrowhead said "it is pretty clear that these lawsuits are financially motivated and have no foundation of truth contained in them.

"As in any lawsuit that is filed allegations are made which contain gossip and information that oftentimes is not factual. It is in the courtroom where the truth will prevail."

That truthiness thing really helped NarCONon prevail in the court here in Georgia, didn't it? :-----| ||||9000|||| 8:O8P|()

They claim the plaintiffs are only interested in money, so why are they seeking so little? If my child was induced to have seizures by being kept from her legitimately prescribed medicines, I think I would seek a great deal more than $75,000! And if you took out a credit card in my name, and started charging things on it, I would be at the police station every day demanding you be arrested, and perp-walked for the local stations to show on the evening news!

BTW, I am still wondering whether perjury in a civil deposition is a crime, or not? It sure seems to me that taking an oath to tell the truth, and then doing the opposite, should have a little more punishment than sec-checks for life. Why isn't Mary Reiser in prison?

'til next time;
wynot

Good point.  Why isnt the prosecutor doing anything about the perjury?  ST.  ST to the white courtesy phone.
ET went home.

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target

'til next time;
wynot

Good point.  Why isnt the prosecutor doing anything about the perjury?  ST.  ST to the white courtesy phone.

This was a CIVIL case. There is NO prosecutor! One would have to ask legal counsel or the sitting judge who presided over this case why or if it is even possible to forward the deposition falsehoods made by Ms. Mary Rieser to an entity within the criminal courts arena I.E a district attorney for possible prosecution.

I doubt this would happen. Then again with the Narconon of Georgia insurance fraud accusations being a possibility who knows. These thing do tend to add up.

http://apps.americanbar.org/litigation/committees/products/articles/spring2012-perjury-during-depositions.html

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/02/18/opinion/the-perjury-loophole.html

http://www.jdunderground.com/lawpractice/thread.php?threadId=752
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 10:37 by SocialTransparency »

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
Maybe when she is convicted for her insurance frauds, the evidence of her perjury in furtherance of her crimes can be used to add a few years to her sentence, and a few hundred-thousand to her fines... ||||o||||

'til next time;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis