Linked Events

• Narconon of Georgia Raided: April 26, 2013

Author Topic: Narconon of Georgia Raided by District Attorney and Insurance Commissioner - Insurance Fraud  (Read 18936 times)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
I was wondering the same thing, ST. In the interest of public safety, it seems like DCH Healthcare Facility Regulation could suspend NNGA's license pending the outcome of this investigation.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target

I wonder what will become of those poor individuals whom currently have placed their hopes of recovery in the hands of narCONon of Georgia?

Does this raid open the door for the DCH to actually step in and close the facilities doors until the investigations have concluded?

DCH should certainly be informed, but I imagine they will plead that their regulations do not cover financial issues.  2 other things: No arrests have been made yet, or charges filed as far as we know; and Mary Rieser is no longer at Narconon of Georgia.

Would that not be in the interest of public safety?

Yes.

Ordinarily, I would not bring Marty Rathbun's or Mike Rinder's blog contents over here, since they're not usually relevant to us, but today, Mike's is:
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/narconon-miscaviges-worst-nightmare-coming-true/

This is Miscavige's worst nightmare.

Mary Rieser and anyone else at Narconon Atlanta will likely be thrown under the bus if ONLY because Miscavige figures they are so tainted that ANYTHING done to try to help defend them will blow back on the church and him because this whole Narconocalypse is being watched SO closely by the media.

I suspect his biggest concern right now is that this is a breach in the wall that has held back law enforcement/govt agencies from conducting any criminal prosecutions of anything related to Scientology in the US for decades. Not since the GO raids has anything like this happened. Will this small crack widen and some other government agencies will decide they can get through the breach in what has been an impenetrable fortress for more than 30 years?

Miscavige sits on the horns of a real dilemma — what do you do?

Dump Narconon to avoid being associated and as a result have the government win easy convictions and embolden other agencies,

or

Jump in and defend them with all he's got, become totally identified with Narconon, and still lose because the truth is that Narconon has been utterly criminal and deserve to be convicted?  And in that case, the Department of Justice and others will know the church is no longer invicible.

Damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

I certainly hope there are some people in the DOJ who are following Tony Ortega's stories. Behand the apparently unbreachable wall is a cesspool. And the cesspool isnt just Narconon. Their sewage just happened to seep out first — it tends to happen when people die under your care. I hope it doesnt have to go that far before anyone decides to take on the church itself. 

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
Mary Rieser has still been working with Narconon, though wasn't at the facility today. 

I had reports from different people this week that they had dropped from about 80 clients down to about 20 and that they were trying to borrow money from lending agencies.  Then this hits unexpectedly and all their files and computers are gone.  Of course the clients and their families will find out.  They will try to "run damage control" and see if they can transfer clients to other Narconon facilities (I don't see how they could actually operate now).  The remainder will simply leave or go to another treatment center, but if they pre-paid for the program then Narconon will have to issue their funds back.  GA doesn't have the money to give back to them, so it will have to be borrowed from Arrowhead somewhere.

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
Depending on what documents were taken in the raid, they may have too many holes in their records to keep DCH off their case if they try to stay open.

How many of the students (or their families) and staff will get spooked by this and leave? Some may be stuck there but others might leave at this point.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Mary Rieser has still been working with Narconon, though wasn't at the facility today.

Ah, thanks for that info.   ;) 

I had reports from different people this week that they had dropped from about 80 clients down to about 20 and that they were trying to borrow money from lending agencies.  Then this hits unexpectedly and all their files and computers are gone.  Of course the clients and their families will find out.  They will try to "run damage control" and see if they can transfer clients to other Narconon facilities (I don't see how they could actually operate now).  The remainder will simply leave or go to another treatment center, but if they pre-paid for the program then Narconon will have to issue their funds back.  GA doesn't have the money to give back to them, so it will have to be borrowed from Arrowhead somewhere.

The clients would probably have been there, or at the sauna, when the raid was conducted, I imagine.  Maybe when the repercussions of this are done, there won't be anything left for DCH to do - wouldn't that be a lovely thought?

||||||||\\\\\\\:D
   Narconon Reviews

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Depending on what documents were taken in the raid, they may have too many holes in their records to keep DCH off their case if they try to stay open.

How many of the students (or their families) and staff will get spooked by this and leave? Some may be stuck there but others might leave at this point.

There are not many drug users (or former drug users) that I can imagine who would not get spooked by cops coming in with guns drawn to execute a search warrant.   :D
   Narconon Reviews

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
WSB TV Jodie Fleischer's TV news report on the Raid of Narconon of Georgia
http://www.wsbtv.com/videos/news/investigators-raid-narconon-of-georgia/vzLRR/

L-O-: to all, especially victim Mary Morton
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
 V{}\H
    ||||o||||

Happy dancing on narCONon behind bars!
BigBeard

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
V{}\H
    ||||o||||

Happy dancing on narCONon behind bars!

:)
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
 3((: Now it's being reported on in the UK!

Drug rehab clinic 'linked to Scientology is raided in Georgia over insurance fraud claims after teenage girl is billed $166k for $15k treatment'
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 16:49 EST, 27 April 2013 | UPDATED: 16:49 EST, 27 April 2013

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2315901/Drug-rehab-clinic-linked-Scientology-raided-Georgia-insurance-fraud-claims-teenage-girl-billed-166k-15k-treatment.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

C{{O}}2

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
It's so good to see these words being linked around the world:
Narconon
Scientology
L. Ron Hubbard
Fraud
Raid
Investigation

It will be nice when we can add these words, because I believe they're coming:
Arrests
Convicted
   Narconon Reviews

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
How are scientologists reacting to this news?

click to enlarge.
   Narconon Reviews

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Good luck with those acquittal postulates! Oh noes, it's spreading!!!

I love how someone is trying to blame big pharma. Thanks for the laugh, EC.

:-D^\^\

-Dalai Lama

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
That post on FB comes from Black Rob.  His thread on esmb is "I have a thetan who does things to my mirror"

It is a very informative thread, regular scientologists sharing wins on FB mostly.
ET went home.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Lots of funnies on this page. Thanks for the chuckles!

This one cracks me up!

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
Are any Georgia Tippers able to go and get some current action (or lack thereof) shots of Narconon? It would be good to see how this raid has impacted them. 
ET went home.