Linked Events

• Class Action vs. NN of Georgia: June 04, 2013

Author Topic: Class Action law suit against Narconon of Georgia announced 6/04/2013  (Read 51736 times)

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
PS HI everyone, been on vacation for waaaaaay too long.  Good to see the Tipping Point is still kicking ass and taking names.
ET went home.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
^^^^^
Wise suggestion! Thanks
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
I had a little bit of a break too. We missed your sense of humor around here.

__WB__
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
PS HI everyone, been on vacation for waaaaaay too long.  Good to see the Tipping Point is still kicking ass and taking names.

HEY!  I missed you!  It's great to have you back!   \*/
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
First judge recuses himself. (I made an assumption here). He may or may not have recused himself. There is an order of recusal.

ORDER OF RECUSAL. Judge J. Owen Forrester recused. Case reassigned to Judge Steve C Jones for all further proceedings NOTICE TO ALL COUNSEL OF RECORD: The Judge designation in the civil action number assigned to this case has been changed to 1:13-cv-2217-SCJ. Please make note of this change in order to facilitate the docketing of pleadings in this case. The Clerk of Court should assign a new case to replace this one. Signed by Judge J. Owen Forrester on 7/15/2013. (jtj) (Entered: 07/16/2013)

Info on the new judge:
http://onlineathens.com/stories/031311/new_798850074.shtml
http://onlineathens.com/stories/071510/new_675970635.shtml
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_C._Jones
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 21:16 by mefree »
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Damian DeWitt

• Met Xenu
Hmmm.  Any speculation on why Judge Forrester.

Judge Jones looks promising:

"Even as a prosecutor, Jones thought about cases like a judge. The goal was to find the truth, he said, not to win a conviction."

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Hmmm.  Any speculation on why Judge Forrester.

Judge Jones looks promising:

"Even as a prosecutor, Jones thought about cases like a judge. The goal was to find the truth, he said, not to win a conviction."

None, other than maybe he doesn't want to deal with scientology?
-Dalai Lama