Author Topic: Cour de Cassation upholds Scientology Fraud convictions!  (Read 1052 times)

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
from http://infinitecomplacency.blogspot.com/2013/10/frances-top-court-confirms-fraud.html

"Four years after the first court ruling against the movement, Scientology has lost its appeal against fraud convictions at France's top court.

France's top court on Wednesday confirmed the conviction of Scientology for organised fraud, according to French media reports.

The ruling, by the Cour de Cassation, effectively ends the legal battle in France, making the convictions definitive, RFI radio and BFMTV reported." (Great Thanks to Jonny Jacobsen!)

It has been reported the court was deeply bothered with the cult's claim that 'hard sell' translates from English to French as 'taking care of people'. 8:O8P|()

Do I need to add  o=R=o -<O>- T_:O-T VO><OV \oO--Oo/ o--OL--o

or  ||||||||\\\\\\\:D ?

Yes I do!

'til next time;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline source

• Merchant of Chaos
Re: Cour de Cassation upholds Scientology Fraud convictions!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 14:19 »
It has been reported the court was deeply bothered with the cult's claim that 'hard sell' translates from English to French as 'taking care of people'.

That sounds like an exact quote from a recent deposition given by Clark Carr, in regards to Narconon when he was asked about the term "hard sell" and tried to state that it was about taking care of people.  Apparently they have a policy somewhere on how to respond to that question in courts.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Re: Cour de Cassation upholds Scientology Fraud convictions!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 16:55 »
Great news, wynot!

Hypnosis interferes with logical thinking, source. 
 @u@ooo
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama