Author Topic: Narconon Trout Run in Maryland ( marketed as in DC but no where near DC)  (Read 41912 times)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Great email, Mary. Thanks to you and AL for posting Sylvia Carnigan's tweets. 

The lady who thinks Narconon is a spa needs to go visit for a week! I think others will beg to differ.

Just a reminder for anyone new here, reading for the first time. There are loads of documents on Narconon Reviews (health inspection reports, state inspection reports, lawsuits, surveys and more) to get a true picture of what has been happening at Narconon.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Great email, Mary. Thanks to you and AL for posting Sylvia Carnigan's tweets. 

The lady who thinks Narconon is a spa needs to go visit for a week! I think others will beg to differ.

Just a reminder for anyone new here, reading for the first time. There are loads of documents on Narconon Reviews (health inspection reports, state inspection reports, lawsuits, surveys and more) to get a true picture of what has been happening at Narconon.

Thanks!  I agree about that lady!!

Good going on posting about the documentation over at Narconon Reviews!

I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
Reading through the tweets, I'm wondering if those "narCONon saved my life" testimonials were being given by staff from other facilities with a vested interest in the outcome?
BigBeard

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Reading through the tweets, I'm wondering if those "narCONon saved my life" testimonials were being given by staff from other facilities with a vested interest in the outcome?

I thought the same. They are probably current employees. Once the video is posted, we may be able to check.

Nathan Roberts is mentioned in one of the articles AL posted. This could be him:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1642097913&fref=ts
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 20:52 by mefree »
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
The video of hearing is now up.

http://frederick.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=5&clip_id=4822

Trout Run issue starts around 58 min mark. Best best is to wait til the video rolls and then look at the Index text box below the screen, click the little dot preceding the agenda item lettered d. as noted below:

. d. To Consider Designation of 'Trout Run (Richey Lodge)' located at 12929 Catoctin Hollow Road, as a Listed Site on the Frederick County Register of Historic Places (Continued from 4/7/15) - Denis Superczynski, Community Development Division(Council Decision

Once the screen is showing that section, you will hear from the planning dept guy names Denis, council questions, then you can scroll ahead to hear Social Betterment Properties' attorney Bruce Dean, ...more questions, public comments and the decision to postpone and why.

I don't know how to embed the whole thing here, or if can be embedded, but here the code

<iframe width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" src="https://frederick.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=5&clip_id=4822&embed=1"></iframe>

I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target

I still have to listen to it, as I just posted it ^^^  but I was told that some staff from other Narconons were sent over there.  I think the former ED from Freedom Center, who relapsed and was removed, IIRC, that he was sent there months ago

DeathMHamster posted on WWP

"One of their happy Narconon customers at the council, Nathan Roberts.

And look here:
http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/n/nathan-roberts.html  "

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Narconon Reviews mentioned at the hearing just prior to Nathan Roberts. Nathan gives some compelling testimony, but hesitates when asked for his address.

David Judice is a Narconon LA employee, but you already knew that.  ;)

Judice   David   CIT   3303   4/26/2013   3/31/2016   Womack, Quinetta CCS 035   Narcanon Louisiana New Life Retreat   Denham Springs   225-243-5047
http://www.la-adra.org/index.php/component/chronoforms/?chronoform=SearchByLastName&event=submit
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
I just want to point out this other thread: Trout Run (Maryland) Safepointing?

I don't think they need to be merged, but did want to crosslink them.

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
 Asking people to sign and share link to this ipetition created by community members aka 'Protect Frederick'.

Name and email address for confirmation by ipetitions are all that is required.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tell-the-frederick-county-council-to-vote-against

Tell the Frederick County Council to vote against Scientology and their special exception request.

"The Frederick County Council has postponed their vote till next month on whether or not to grant the Scientology arm, Narconon, a special historic designation at Trout Run. Without the historical designation the current zoning code would never allow for the renovation and facility they intend. This is a clear attempt to skirt proper zoning.
    The Frederick County Council is an elected-policy making body. They have the right and responsibility to consider all aspects, and all consequences of their decision.
    Please join us in telling them to vote to protect Frederick, and vote against this motion. "

Thanks!

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
FYI readers:
This property purchase first came up on this thread back in 2013. There are some informative posts  in that thread about Trout Run and some staff members, from this post on to the end of it.
Re: Hey, isn't that the ED of Narconon Freedom Center?
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,12646.msg33767.html#msg33767

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
While I still can't figure out how a property holding organization can be "religious", or how they managed to get classed that way by the IRS, I think I figured out why. Aside from the fact they no longer have to file 990's.

I think it's for situations exactly like Trout Run. Everyone's focusing on the "secular" narCONon, and forgetting it's actually the "religious" SBPI that purchased the property. Which means if the ruling goes against them SBPI, not narCONon, will just about be guaranteed to bring a "religious discrimination" lawsuit against the county.
BigBeard

Offline AnonLover

• Actual Trouble Source
If they were granted religious tax exemption they would be in the IRS database. Seems far more likely that dropped their tax exempt status imo.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
They are in the IRS Exempt Organization Database. This is current as of 04/16/2015:

EIN: 861067526
SOCIAL BETTERMENT PROPERTIES INTERNATIONAL
6331 HOLLYWOOD BLVD
LOS ANGELES CA
90028-6321
03 [Tax Exempt]
NTEE: X02

And this is from the on-line 'IRS Select Check' using an EIN search about 5 minutes ago:

EIN             Legal Name (Doing Business As)             City             ST Country          Deductibility Status
86-1067526 Social Betterment Properties International Los Angeles    CA United States SOUNK

They went from "Tax Exempt - Other" to "Tax Exempt - Religious" in 2009, so their last 990 was filed for 2008. None filed since, because it's not required for "Religious" organizations. The 'Deductability Status' of SOUNK means only 50% of donations are deductable by the donor.

And that "Religious" status is what makes SBPI being the purchaser of the land stickier than if "Secular" narCONon had bought it when it comes to any decisions by state or local agencies. It opens the possibility of a "Religious Discrimination" lawsuit narCONon wouldn't be able to use.
BigBeard

Offline AnonLover

• Actual Trouble Source
Ahh, ok. Thks BB.

Offline Juicer77

• On the path to knowledge
  • Curiouser and Curiouser
New FNP article: http://www.fredericknewspost.com/opinion/columns/no-to-narcanon/article_f3d194f0-ac77-5385-b59f-bd9c858bbe85.html

Couple of pro-clam comments, couple of us on the Bunker can't figure out why we can't add our two cents. Argh!

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
From one of the article comments:

newspostreader - Can you cite your sources to prove their method of treatment, force to learn scientology, and the deaths and lawsuits being filed? Otherwise, it's just rumor.

I have to leave for a Dr. appoint. Anyone care to reply to this person with the lawsuit links and the $cientology vs narCONon book links?
BigBeard

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
I found the other night that Social Betterment Properties International, aka SBPI, is a Church of Scientology 'auxiliary' entity and does not have to file 990 tax forms. I want to kick myself for not digging further and sooner on that.

Here is a link where, halfway down the page, explains the SBPI entity relation to the Church of Scientology and the category of IRS regulations it belongs under and some history of their existence since about 2003 buying properties for the church social betterment entities like Narconon. Don't know how this was missed... 

Since SBPI has not filed a 990 non-profit  tax return since and only in in 2008, if you go to this page, further down it mentions SBPI's status as an "integrated auxiliary," of the church.  Look at this information and click and read the linked pdf file noted. This explains in part why no tax returns, no IRS listing in their database. I still have to check with the IRS on this but I believe this is where things are for SBPI, the owner of Trout Run
http://www.xenu-directory.net/documents/corporate/sbpi-incorporation.pdf#page=3

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
2 upcoming meeting about Trout Run - this Tuesday and Wednesday:

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
Mary,

As noted in my reply above (#73), SBPI is in the IRS Exempt Organization Database and it's also in the on-line IRS Select Check listing. Although for select check, it's best to search using the EIN. Because for some stupid reason the NAME field is set up as an "OR" search, instead of an "AND" search. So SOCIAL BETTERMENT PROPERTIES returns everything with SOCIAL, BETTERMENT, or PROPERTIES in the name.

Originially SBPI was "Exempt - Other", which is why there are 990's up until 2008. Some time in late 2008 or early 2009 that was changed to "Exempt - Religious" and the 990's stopped. I'm still trying to track down the justification for the change. But, aside from being a crock, that change is what lets them get nasty with "Religious Discrimination" suits when they don't get their way.
BigBeard