Author Topic: New Public Safety FOIA Documents Archive on Narconon Reviews  (Read 1190 times)

Offline AnonLover

• Actual Trouble Source
For the past 6 months, we've been gathering and compiling police, fire and EMS records for the Scientology drug rehab network. In addition, we've been building a new segment into the document management system on Narconon Reviews for collecting "public safety" documents in a cross-referenced archive AND setting up a companion project page on MuckRock News where I do my FOIA Crusader work. The first juicy piece of all this work and due diligence has finally gone live today!

http://narcononreviews.net/narconon/new-public-safety-documents-archive-and-narconon-arrowhead-police-records/

When the internet grew legs and began protesting the Church of Scientology globally in 2008-09, the idea of filing open record requests to obtain additional sets of Narconon police records was tossed about by activists on more than one occasion. We were again reminded of the usefulness in such disclosures when the Say No To Narconon in Warburton grassroots campaign set out to prevent the relocation of the Narconon Australia facility. They successfully used a FOI summary of police records from the Melbourne rehab to sway the Yarra Ranges Councillors decision to reject Narconon’s application in 2014.

So when we made the decision to harness the power of MuckRock News for doxing one of the Church of Scientology’s biggest revenue streams en bloc on this website, police records and Scientology’s flagship drug rehab facility, Narconon Arrowhead in Oklahoma were two of the most tantalizing targets for Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) data mining. ...

More at the link and much, MUCH more to come in the weeks ahead.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
Re: New Public Safety FOIA Documents Archive on Narconon Reviews
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 12:36 »
Wow! Hopefully some mainstream journalist types see this and start bringing some "investigative journalism" into narCONon to the masses.
BigBeard

Offline AnonLover

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 12:46 »
Wow! Hopefully some mainstream journalist types see this and start bringing some "investigative journalism" into narCONon to the masses.

I actually have a plan in the works for pursuing that, as mentioned in this bit of my blog post:
This preliminary set of public safety documents will be supplemented in the near future with additional records on Narconon Arrowhead as well as other police, fire and ambulance service disclosures that we have obtained from over 20 different agencies. Most of these soon-to-be-released documents have never seen the light of day! Subsequently, this enormous stash of (old and new) records will be released here on Narconon Reviews and in conjunction with a new MuckRock Project Page on the topic of “Scientology Drug Rehabs” that we have been graciously invited to use for raising the bar on our ongoing record collection effort.

See these links embedded in that part of my post for more details:

https://www.muckrock.com/news/archives/2015/sep/03/muckrock-projects-organize-crowdfund-journalism/

http://www.betaboston.com/news/2015/09/03/online-public-records-startup-muckrock-expands-crowdfunding-ambitions/

And a sneak peak for RFTTP readers only on what that (currently under construction) project page will look like when it goes live: (close the annoying signup popup to view)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dnl1li9s6aov1fw/MuckRock%20%E2%80%A2%20Scientology%20Drug%20Rehabs%20Project%20Page.png?dl=0

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 13:08 »
Slowpoke, here.

This is a fantastic accomplishment and exciting news about what you are doing with Muckrock! Thanks for the sneak peek.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 11:39 »

I actually have a plan in the works for pursuing that, as mentioned in this bit of my blog post:
This preliminary set of public safety documents will be supplemented in the near future with additional records on Narconon Arrowhead as well as other police, fire and ambulance service disclosures that we have obtained from over 20 different agencies. Most of these soon-to-be-released documents have never seen the light of day! Subsequently, this enormous stash of (old and new) records will be released here on Narconon Reviews and in conjunction with a new MuckRock Project Page on the topic of “Scientology Drug Rehabs” that we have been graciously invited to use for raising the bar on our ongoing record collection effort.

See these links embedded in that part of my post for more details:

https://www.muckrock.com/news/archives/2015/sep/03/muckrock-projects-organize-crowdfund-journalism/

http://www.betaboston.com/news/2015/09/03/online-public-records-startup-muckrock-expands-crowdfunding-ambitions/

And a sneak peak for RFTTP readers only on what that (currently under construction) project page will look like when it goes live: (close the annoying signup popup to view)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dnl1li9s6aov1fw/MuckRock%20%E2%80%A2%20Scientology%20Drug%20Rehabs%20Project%20Page.png?dl=0
Your skills are much appreciated by we the concerned general public. :D That Muckrock website and what it does is a tremendous asset for we the people!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 11:48 by SocialTransparency »

Offline AnonLover

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 13:35 »
Dun dun dun... The next installment of my Scientology drug rehab FOIA dox dropping has landed!

Narconon Public Safety Analysis and Fort Collins Police Records
Written by Heidi Macavoy on October 29, 2015
http://narcononreviews.net/narconon/narconon-public-safety-analysis-and-fort-collins-police-records/

The next monthly installment of open records request disclosures being added to our public safety archive is a collection from the Fort Collins Police Department in Colorado. This set of documents is for the Narconon Fresh Start drug rehab currently known as A Life Worth Saving. We are also excited to introduce a new comparative records analysis aspect of this project. This analysis is an attempt to quantify law enforcement activity typically required to support treatment centers in the Narconon network.

More at the link. I'm 'specially proud of this tasty bit...

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 16:14 »
Fantastic work!

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 16:38 »
Looks good. Now if I can only come up with a way to plot the Cof$ front group money flows so it doesn't end up looking like the work of a mad spider...ugh! Of course they're doing it on purpose for exactly that reason.
BigBeard

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 16:57 »
Beautiful work, AL!  I believe I see a trend or two in your data analysis.

Looks good. Now if I can only come up with a way to plot the Cof$ front group money flows so it doesn't end up looking like the work of a mad spider...ugh! Of course they're doing it on purpose for exactly that reason.

I can just picture that spider web  ;)
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama