Author Topic: Forum Threads illegally removed from Google search engines  (Read 2307 times)

Offline webactivism

• On the path to knowledge
    • WebActivism
Re: Forum Threads illegally removed from Google search engines
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2017, 11:07 »
Thank you :)

We do host over a dozen anti-scan websites (among ~200 other sites) and provide support to other activists as well.

Plz do let us know if/when you come across any such fake DMCA/Court Order scam. We'll make sure the perpetrators are taken to task.

Can you share more about what is being done with these reputation management companies Per Wickstrom and agents have used? Because I went back to Lumen and took another look again...

The fake court order I mentioned earlier was also used to remove a different url: http://narcononreviews.net/management/per-wickstrom

And the court order is on the page

Court Order Complaint to Google
September 08, 2016
Francis C. Morrisson >Google Inc 
https://lumendatabase.org/notices/12987034

Its part of this bunch of fake items on Lumen:

fraudulent DMCA & other complaints about Per Wickstrom
https://lumendatabase.org/notices/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=Wickstrom&sort_by=

As well, there are items using fake and un attached DMCAs to remove content about Narconon ( using faked or now deleted websites used to falsely support the claims linking original content
https://lumendatabase.org/notices/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=Narconon&sort_by=

For example, this url is missing from Google Search,
http://narcononisscientology.com/what-happened-to-narconon-in-michigan/

Google search result on above
https://www.google.com/#q=http:%2F%2Fnarcononisscientology.com%2Fwhat-happened-to-narconon-in-michigan%2F+&*

as well as other urls from that site, per  Notice at the end of the page here
https://www.google.com/#q=site:narcononisscientology.com&*

Sad part is that the whole site is not loading..... timing out

Here is the site history at Internet Archive
http://web.archive.org/web/*/narcononisscientology.com

Again, thanks for all you and your associates are doing!

That is some freakish coincidence there.

Yes, we were investigating this fake DMCA report, and tried to get in touch with the webmaster at narcononisscientology.com . We never got a response and were unable to file a counter notice.

Soon after, in November 2016, the site was suddenly shut down. We have reasons and information to believe that there might have been a payoff involved (however, cannot confirm anything).

The domain name expired in January, and one of our users went ahead and acquired the domain name at an auction at snapnames.com and has allowed us to restore the old website, so that we can circumvent the removed URLs and file counter-notices.

We'll restore the website by weekend. Any interested party may email me to take ownership of the restored website in case he/she desires.
WebActivism.com  is a non-profit crowd-funded campaign created to help support & sustain online activism and citizen movements. #webactivism

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2017, 11:29 »
Again, thanks, webactivism.
PS: Often its not so much a payoff that leads to these site owners or commenters giving in and giving up, but the threat of more harassment.  I wish I knew who the owner was by name, so I could contact him/her. I may well know the person even though anonymous on the internet. If you care to share it with me privately by PM, please do so, in confidence. Thanks
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline webactivism

• WebActivism
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2017, 12:37 »
We do not know who ran narcononisscientology.com, but knew that it was important enough for few powerful people to file fake DMCAs against.

So we're keeping it alive as a permanent record on the internet. If you or anyone else wish to (anonymously) take control of the website, plz let us know. Either ways, we'll upload it soon and let it be (ensuring 100% uptime, ofcourse)
WebActivism.com  is a non-profit crowd-funded campaign created to help support & sustain online activism and citizen movements. #webactivism

Offline webactivism

• WebActivism
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2017, 18:16 »
[update] - one of our volunteers has put up www.narcononisscientology.com back online again, with as many articles as she could find from archives and cache. It is as close to the original as possibly can.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2017, 18:33 »
 L-O-:
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2017, 16:27 »
Hi webactivism, sorry for the lag in response. This is terrific news. Do you know what the annual fees for domain & privacy are for renewal on it? I may have someone....

We do not know who ran narcononisscientology.com, but knew that it was important enough for few powerful people to file fake DMCAs against.

So we're keeping it alive as a permanent record on the internet. If you or anyone else wish to (anonymously) take control of the website, plz let us know. Either ways, we'll upload it soon and let it be (ensuring 100% uptime, ofcourse)

[update] - one of our volunteers has put up www.narcononisscientology.com back online again, with as many articles as she could find from archives and cache. It is as close to the original as possibly can.

FYI, all the DMCA & fake court order stuff I wrote about earlier and we discussed here are back up at Lumendatabase.org with no notation of being 'under review' as of last mention here. Is there anything I can do to get them removed?
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline webactivism

• WebActivism
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2017, 16:35 »
Hi webactivism, sorry for the lag in response. This is terrific news. Do you know what the annual fees for domain & privacy are for renewal on it? I may have someone....

FYI, all the DMCA & fake court order stuff I wrote about earlier and we discussed here are back up at Lumendatabase.org with no notation of being 'under review' as of last mention here. Is there anything I can do to get them removed?

There's no fee involved at all. The domain and hosting is provided by webactivism for no charges. We are reimbursed by nearly a dozen free-speech hosting services and orgs :) http://www.webactivism.com/solutions/ . The website (domain and lifetime hosting) is yours if you want it.

All the fake DMCAs and Court Orders have been reviewed ans rejected already. We worked wiht Eugene Volokh and Paul Alan Levy to ensure that none of the fraudulent DMCAs were accepted. The few that slipped through were for RipoffReport.com which we worked around with the website owner http://www.webactivism.com/ripoff-report-wipes-google-removals-stroke-of-genius/ .

Cheers !

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2017, 21:57 »

There's no fee involved at all. The domain and hosting is provided by webactivism for no charges. We are reimbursed by nearly a dozen free-speech hosting services and orgs :) http://www.webactivism.com/solutions/ . The website (domain and lifetime hosting) is yours if you want it.

All the fake DMCAs and Court Orders have been reviewed ans rejected already. We worked wiht Eugene Volokh and Paul Alan Levy to ensure that none of the fraudulent DMCAs were accepted. The few that slipped through were for RipoffReport.com which we worked around with the website owner http://www.webactivism.com/ripoff-report-wipes-google-removals-stroke-of-genius/ .

Cheers !

This is wonderful news all around! On the 'no renewal fees' for taking over the site; and on the cooperation and subsequent change in urls by Ed Magedson at Rip Off Report so that the previously falsely DMCA'd Rip Off Report pages can be found on Google Search again.  That was a very smart suggestion!

However, will this page of Narconon Reviews and Reaching For The Tipping Point urls and it's attached fake court order ever be removed from Lumen Database? The urls are Google searchable but the page at Lumen gives legitimacy that the fake court order injunction is real. 
https://lumendatabase.org/notices/12987034#

It was previously mentioned here
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,13005.msg37075.html#msg37075

Is there any way to get Google to tell Lumen Database to remove it? Lumen says Google has to inform them.

You have been much help to us here and to the many victims of these programs by helping get their complaints back into Google search. I love what you and your fellow anons are doing at WebActivism. I'm in the process of getting ready to post on Narconon Reviews about some new lawsuit complaints we have received, and writing articles about them. I will include a mention about your group's efforts in helping us keep the information available to the public when they search for information.

I will email you after the weekend regarding the site offering.

Cheers back to you, too!

Offline webactivism

• WebActivism
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2017, 18:40 »

This is wonderful news all around! On the 'no renewal fees' for taking over the site; and on the cooperation and subsequent change in urls by Ed Magedson at Rip Off Report so that the previously falsely DMCA'd Rip Off Report pages can be found on Google Search again.  That was a very smart suggestion!

However, will this page of Narconon Reviews and Reaching For The Tipping Point urls and it's attached fake court order ever be removed from Lumen Database? The urls are Google searchable but the page at Lumen gives legitimacy that the fake court order injunction is real. 
https://lumendatabase.org/notices/12987034#

It was previously mentioned here
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,13005.msg37075.html#msg37075

Is there any way to get Google to tell Lumen Database to remove it? Lumen says Google has to inform them.

You have been much help to us here and to the many victims of these programs by helping get their complaints back into Google search. I love what you and your fellow anons are doing at WebActivism. I'm in the process of getting ready to post on Narconon Reviews about some new lawsuit complaints we have received, and writing articles about them. I will include a mention about your group's efforts in helping us keep the information available to the public when they search for information.

I will email you after the weekend regarding the site offering.

Cheers back to you, too!

Hi Mary,

Let me explain -

1- The pages at Narcononreviews.net and Reachingforthetippingpoint.net have NOT been removed because Google rejected the alleged fake court order after we pointed it to them. Hence you do not see any URL removed. If you type it in Google search, the URLs show up on its results.

Lumendatabase is not owned by Google. It is a privately managed database and does not show the internal legal updates. So there is no need to be concerned at all.

2- If the URLs at narcononreviews.net and reachingforthetipingpoint.net ranks have gone down recently, it is because of Google Search Updates. It is an SEO problem and not entirely any manual (legal) action by Google. I strongly suggest updating wordpress @ narcononreviews.net , migrating to a different forum software (xenforo) for reachingforthetippingpoint.net and adding SSL certs to both sites.

3- We can contact our friends at LumenDatabase and ask them to remove the transparency report if you want. Plz let us know.

4- How can we help your fight against Scientology/Narconon ?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 19:13 by webactivism »

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2017, 11:51 »

Hi Mary,

Let me explain -

1- The pages at Narcononreviews.net and Reachingforthetippingpoint.net have NOT been removed because Google rejected the alleged fake court order after we pointed it to them. Hence you do not see any URL removed. If you type it in Google search, the URLs show up on its results.

Lumendatabase is not owned by Google. It is a privately managed database and does not show the internal legal updates. So there is no need to be concerned at all.

2- If the URLs at narcononreviews.net and reachingforthetipingpoint.net ranks have gone down recently, it is because of Google Search Updates. It is an SEO problem and not entirely any manual (legal) action by Google. I strongly suggest updating wordpress @ narcononreviews.net , migrating to a different forum software (xenforo) for reachingforthetippingpoint.net and adding SSL certs to both sites.

3- We can contact our friends at LumenDatabase and ask them to remove the transparency report if you want. Plz let us know.

4- How can we help your fight against Scientology/Narconon ?

Hi again and thank you for your patience.

1- I know the pages have not been removed at Google Search. I appreciate what you have done there! I also understand about the relationship, or lack of, between Google and Lumen. I am only concerned that Lumen still has that fake court order up there. Being up there gives it a sort of false credence.

2- I'm not concerned about the Google ranking.  I'm not even concerned that the urls are up at Lumen database

3- It would be great to have the whole report removed. But in lieu of that, at least having the court order, and transcript excerpt of it on that page, removed would be greatly appreciated. By it being there, Per Wickstrom could possibly use link & document to try and get other sites ( especially review websites where a RFTTP url may be linked ) to remove content that refers to the urls there. Its a ludicrous fake court order injunction but could be believable to a site owner who would remove the content just because he/she does not want to have trouble. We have seen this before.

4- I am not sure exactly at this point, so let me think about it.

Not sure if this is an area where web activism would be interested in helping but as a FYI:

One of the big issues we and the public have encountered are what we call fake rehab referral sites. These sites are set up to procure people to send to Narconon and related programs without identifying that they are run by Narconon or Per Wickstrom. They pretend to be an independent referral resource, connecting the victims up with a sales person who then sells them the program, often without the person knowing what program they are really buying. These  sites are in fact run by staff of Scientology based programs or by commissioned Field Staff Members, as they are called, who earn a % of the sale and who only refer only to Narconon programs unless they have no other choice but to send elsewhere ( usually for lack of money to pay for the expensive programs).

The video in this article shows how Per Wickstrom's salesmen pretend and then mock a poor woman looking for help.
http://narcononreviews.net/narconon/insurance-coverage-collection-issues/

And this article on sales scripts leaked to me some years back can give you an idea of the shenanigans we deal with.

LEAKED: Scripts Spell Out How Scientology Directs the Unsuspecting to its Rehab network
http://tonyortega.org/2013/03/11/leaked-scripts-spell-out-how-scientology-directs-the-unsuspecting-to-its-rehab-network/

Here are all 10 of scripts leaked to me
https://www.scribd.com/collections/4145377/Narconon-Leaked-Sales-Documents

Unfortunately, most people fail to recall what website they went to at first. I and others, however, try to track it down... we keep running lists of these things.. and not when possble the url in lawsuit and other complaint pages on Narconon Reviews. There are hundreds of fake rehab referral websites run or managed to refer to Narconon & Per Wickstrom's unbranded Narconon programs on the internet. The name Narconon will not be found on any of them, a deceptive trade practice in itself, in addition to the telephone fraud the occurs subsequent to a site contact.

In recent times, we are now finding intervention sites that only refer to these programs. The 'interventionist' is often a former staff member or a graduate of the program. The sites do not say they are exclusive to Narconon programs but they are.

We are are not organized well on keeping up with them all as they come about but I try. This may not have anything to do with your group mission but I just thought I would mention this... I will think about your offer... and get back to you. PS: you should be hearing from someone by email soon regarding possibly taking over the website :)

Have a great week!
Mary

Offline webactivism

• WebActivism
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2017, 10:08 »

Hi again and thank you for your patience.

1- I know the pages have not been removed at Google Search. I appreciate what you have done there! I also understand about the relationship, or lack of, between Google and Lumen. I am only concerned that Lumen still has that fake court order up there. Being up there gives it a sort of false credence.

2- I'm not concerned about the Google ranking.  I'm not even concerned that the urls are up at Lumen database

3- It would be great to have the whole report removed. But in lieu of that, at least having the court order, and transcript excerpt of it on that page, removed would be greatly appreciated. By it being there, Per Wickstrom could possibly use link & document to try and get other sites ( especially review websites where a RFTTP url may be linked ) to remove content that refers to the urls there. Its a ludicrous fake court order injunction but could be believable to a site owner who would remove the content just because he/she does not want to have trouble. We have seen this before.

4- I am not sure exactly at this point, so let me think about it.

Not sure if this is an area where web activism would be interested in helping but as a FYI:

One of the big issues we and the public have encountered are what we call fake rehab referral sites. These sites are set up to procure people to send to Narconon and related programs without identifying that they are run by Narconon or Per Wickstrom. They pretend to be an independent referral resource, connecting the victims up with a sales person who then sells them the program, often without the person knowing what program they are really buying. These  sites are in fact run by staff of Scientology based programs or by commissioned Field Staff Members, as they are called, who earn a % of the sale and who only refer only to Narconon programs unless they have no other choice but to send elsewhere ( usually for lack of money to pay for the expensive programs).

The video in this article shows how Per Wickstrom's salesmen pretend and then mock a poor woman looking for help.
http://narcononreviews.net/narconon/insurance-coverage-collection-issues/

And this article on sales scripts leaked to me some years back can give you an idea of the shenanigans we deal with.

LEAKED: Scripts Spell Out How Scientology Directs the Unsuspecting to its Rehab network
http://tonyortega.org/2013/03/11/leaked-scripts-spell-out-how-scientology-directs-the-unsuspecting-to-its-rehab-network/

Here are all 10 of scripts leaked to me
https://www.scribd.com/collections/4145377/Narconon-Leaked-Sales-Documents

Unfortunately, most people fail to recall what website they went to at first. I and others, however, try to track it down... we keep running lists of these things.. and not when possble the url in lawsuit and other complaint pages on Narconon Reviews. There are hundreds of fake rehab referral websites run or managed to refer to Narconon & Per Wickstrom's unbranded Narconon programs on the internet. The name Narconon will not be found on any of them, a deceptive trade practice in itself, in addition to the telephone fraud the occurs subsequent to a site contact.

In recent times, we are now finding intervention sites that only refer to these programs. The 'interventionist' is often a former staff member or a graduate of the program. The sites do not say they are exclusive to Narconon programs but they are.

We are are not organized well on keeping up with them all as they come about but I try. This may not have anything to do with your group mission but I just thought I would mention this... I will think about your offer... and get back to you. PS: you should be hearing from someone by email soon regarding possibly taking over the website :)

Have a great week!
Mary

Hi Mary,

1- The documents still showing at Lumendatabase, and publicly discredited, is actually a good thing. It does more good to this website than harm. However, if you want us to remove it, I'll ask the team to take it down immediately.

2- Copy that. I'll ensure that it is removed.

3- Copy that.

4- Okay

Why don't you start a Naming and Shaming campaign ? I know it sounds easier than it actually is, but we've seen that a public naming-and-shaming campaign gets noticed more than a few op-eds. There are a few projects and campaigns we've participated in, and that experience and tech can come in quite handy in your mission.  Can we take this to private messaging instead of discussing this on the thread ?

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2017, 12:01 »
Two good stories regarding the matters raised in this thread! Glad to see NArconon Reviews and Reaching For The Tipping Point forum here mentioned. I was not sure whether Mr. Baum had enough for his story trying to tie the Chucrh of Scientology into this. Kudos to all involved, especially to WebActivism, who helped get the ball rolling.

Scientology Anti-Drug Program: Fabricated Court Orders Suggest Attempt to Silence Critics
6:30 AM PDT 8/9/2017 by Gary Baum, The Hollywood Reporter

Someone appears to be trying to scrub warnings about the church's controversial Narconon program from the internet.

Nearly a decade after Scientology prompted a high-profile internet protest movement — sparked when the church attempted to remove a damaging YouTube video of member Tom Cruise speaking about the religion — comes the discovery of a new covert campaign to subvert online criticism of the organization's social work. A series of forged court orders were submitted to Google (and possibly to Yahoo and Bing as well) in 2016 in an attempt to convince the search giant to expunge links to written objections to Scientology's controversial anti-drug program Narconon. The U.S. Department of Justice declined to comment when asked whether it is investigating the issue, which involves the bogus signatures of judges from multiple states. [..]

[..]Neither the judges nor the lawyers impersonated in the materials would comment. The search firms also declined to address the matter.

The affected websites themselves, however, were both candid and unsurprised. "We've been dealing with shenanigans like this for a while," explained Mary McConnell, the pseudonym of an activist volunteer with two of them, NarcononReviews.net and ReachingfortheTippingPoint.net. "To go so far as using the name of real judges is what's eye-opening." Adds a weary Ed Magedson, owner of RipoffReport.com, with a more general observation: "It has become far more prevalent in the last year or so to attempt to de-index us with Google, since that's how users find content anyway, and Google appears to almost automatically rubber-stamp [requests], so some people try to take advantage."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/scientology-anti-drug-program-fabricated-court-orders-suggest-attempt-silence-critics-1027738

Followup, explaining the issues of effect these fake doc make
Bogus court documents, compliant search engines, and Scientology-style rehabs
Tony Ortega
http://tonyortega.org/2017/08/10/bogus-court-documents-compliant-search-enginges-and-scientology-style-rehabs/

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2017, 21:56 »

In 2016, “Ann” at narcononreviews.net pointed out that another creep had used the name “Larry Brennan” to make a takedown request to Google about a weblink critical of Narconon. Larry transitioned to Denise Brennan and was someone we admired greatly. She had some of the most important information about Scientology’s “corporate sort-out” of the early 1980s, and she also helped us understand some key concepts about the Church of Spiritual Technology and its bizarre underground vaults.
http://tonyortega.org/2017/08/10/bogus-court-documents-compliant-search-enginges-and-scientology-style-rehabs/#more-41761

Ann's article about "Larry Brennan"
http://narcononreviews.net/narconon/is-narconon-impersonating-larry-brennan-to-remove-links-from-google/